February 2007 Filing Thread

We had our interview today. Everything went rather smoothly. I will write up a full report when I get back home from work today.

Thank you all who have helped me with the process! Thanks to this entire community! At least this part of the ordeal is over. :)

We are waiting on your interview experience post! ;)

I had my interview today at 11:30 am in Philadelphia.

11:15 Went through security then directed to the appropriate waiting room;

There were other couples, and I must say the office really looked busy as there were many IO’s. Well I assumed they were at the rate in which families being interviewed were going in and out.

Our chance came eventually and we were called in by a fine lady, whose first thing was to swear us in. She appeared like she wanted to laugh through some of the proceedings although she kept a serious look.

Some of the questions asked;

1. Where did you guys meet?
2. When did you guys meet?
3. How long have you known each other for?
4. Where were you married?

You know the background type of stuff, as she was trying to figure out the rapport between us. All this introductory stuff took say 3 minutes, and then she jumped into the usual terrorism questions that are on the I-485 form. To all of which I said NO.

She then asked for proof that we had lived/live together, and for that we presented:
1. A lease agreement;
2. Bank statements;
3. Insurance policies (auto & and health);
4. A retirement policy that has my wife as the 100% beneficiary in case I kick the bucket.

I think that was about it. We had all these cards on the table too that bore both our names, like the insurance, AAA stuff, and that kind of built her confidence in us. She then said you guys are approved, and you will receive your card in 2 weeks. I think it all took 20 minutes tops.

I asked for a stamp in my passport but she said they only give it when there is a proven need. Like she has no authority to give it, but her supervisor does. I already have my EAD card, so I thought I’d throw in the towel here.

Myredskins is now a US resident :), good luck to those still in the hunt!

My advice:
Take it easy, this process is not as monstrous as other people have made us believe. Your turn is coming, go get your green.

I had my interview today at 11:30 am in Philadelphia.

11:15 Went through security then directed to the appropriate waiting room;

There were other couples, and I must say the office really looked busy as there were many IO’s. Well I assumed they were at the rate in which families being interviewed were going in and out.

Our chance came eventually and we were called in by a fine lady, whose first thing was to swear us in. She appeared like she wanted to laugh through some of the proceedings although she kept a serious look.

Some of the questions asked;

1. Where did you guys meet?
2. When did you guys meet?
3. How long have you known each other for?
4. Where were you married?

You know the background type of stuff, as she was trying to figure out the rapport between us. All this introductory stuff took say 3 minutes, and then she jumped into the usual terrorism questions that are on the I-485 form. To all of which I said NO.

She then asked for proof that we had lived/live together, and for that we presented:
1. A lease agreement;
2. Bank statements;
3. Insurance policies (auto & and health);
4. A retirement policy that has my wife as the 100% beneficiary in case I kick the bucket.

I think that was about it. We had all these cards on the table too that bore both our names, like the insurance, AAA stuff, and that kind of built her confidence in us. She then said you guys are approved, and you will receive your card in 2 weeks. I think it all took 20 minutes tops.

I asked for a stamp in my passport but she said they only give it when there is a proven need. Like she has no authority to give it, but her supervisor does. I already have my EAD card, so I thought I’d throw in the towel here.

Myredskins is now a US resident :), good luck to those still in the hunt!

My advice:
Take it easy, this process is not as monstrous as other people have made us believe. Your turn is coming, go get your green.

Congratulations! :D I am glad it went well for you. I am going on my trip tomorrow morning, Hopefully I will be a resident in 13 days! :D

Post Interview;

Hey since your post approval period.. what have you recived from USCIS? Just curious... By the way did they give you back your Notice letter? They took mine, forgot to ask for it.. So i have no proof that I went to the interview.. when I come to think of it now!

Post Interview;

Hey since your post approval period.. what have you recived from USCIS? Just curious... By the way did they give you back your Notice letter? They took mine, forgot to ask for it.. So i have no proof that I went to the interview.. when I come to think of it now!

Yikes! :eek: well, i would not worry too much. You should get your GC soon :)

Welcome Letter Mailed...

Hello All,

I received the long awaited email this morning that the Welcome Letter has been mailed. So it should be here in a few days. I maybe one of the last February filers to receive this email...but everyone's support has made the wait a little less painful...

Thank you everyone for all the support and advice. It's great to have a forum like this where we can share our experiences, concerns and accomplishments.

How long does it take for the GC to arrive?

Have a nice day and Good Luck to everyone out there.

ssp77

Thanks to everyone that has posted there AOS experience…..I’ve learnt a lot through all AOS poster. As a result, I was able to adequately prepare for my AOS journey.

Thank you kindly.

Here’s my AOS timeline:

FAMILY BASED (Spouse)
DO: Atlanta
YEAR: 2007

2/23: Filed concurrently Chicago Lockbox I-130,I-485,I-693, I-864
2/26: RD I-130, I-485
3/05: ND I-130, I-485
3/07: NOA FP
3/24: FP taken
3/24: Create account case online status
3/26: LUD date changed
6/01: NOA Initial Interview
7/30: Interview approved (pending FBI name check )

Congratulations! :D I am glad it went well for you. I am going on my trip tomorrow morning, Hopefully I will be a resident in 13 days! :D

Good luck on your interview today, PraetorianXI! We'll be waiting for your report. :D

I will be really interested to see if you have any LUDs or any other communication from the USCIS. It seems that they've forgotten about me since my interview... :rolleyes:

did you do anyting after interview ?

Hi everyone, i am also a february filer...

please see my timeline below, i was stuck in name check since the interview. late last night i received the "card production ordered" email.

best of luck to the rest of you.

Hi, mexa

I was in exactly same timeline with yours. same file date, same FP, same Interview. but I am still stuck in name check till now. can you tell me if you did any thing since interview ?

appreciate

crystal