February 2007 Filing Thread

Just got back from the Infopass and was told "patience is the key". She said she doesn't have any information available regarding to the interview letter. :eek:
I'll just take it as a good chance to learn to be patien then since it's the key. :cool:

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you'd be able to find out something. Maybe it depends on the DO and/or IO--some are able to tell you something you really want to hear, while others will just give you "patience is the key" kind of advice. :rolleyes: (not to diminish the validity of this particular maxim, but you know what I mean... ;))

Well, I was getting very impatient as well and the letter finally came. Hopefully, you'll get yours very soon, too!

Good luck! :)

Do I need to worry

Anybody with ND Feb Last week received Interview letter with DO : Washington DC.

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: 05/18/07
Interview: ?

Card Received

Finally the card arrived on 06/19/2007 !

It's conditional for two years, expires on 04/30/2009.
When can we apply for removal of condition (I-751) ?

----------------------
Family based category - Married to USC
DO: San Francisco, CA
02/08/2007: I-485, I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
02/11/2007: RD
02/14/2007: ND
02/23/2007: Bio Notice Received
03/06/2007: Bio Appointment @ SF
03/06/2007: Interview NOA (mailed on 03/07/2007) Received on 03/13/2007
04/30/2007: Interview - 10:30 AM @ San Francisco
05/14/2007: Online change of address
06/19/2007: Card arrived

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you'd be able to find out something. Maybe it depends on the DO and/or IO--some are able to tell you something you really want to hear, while others will just give you "patience is the key" kind of advice. :rolleyes: (not to diminish the validity of this particular maxim, but you know what I mean... ;))

Well, I was getting very impatient as well and the letter finally came. Hopefully, you'll get yours very soon, too!

Good luck! :)

You are so sweet. Thank you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear that

Just got back from the Infopass and was told "patience is the key". She said she doesn't have any information available regarding to the interview letter. :eek:
I'll just take it as a good chance to learn to be patien then since it's the key. :cool:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know someone who applied GC in December last year, and they got their interview scheduled in mid-July. Maybe yours is coming soon. I wonder whether the Pittsburgh DO is busy dealing with the VISAs for international students for PITT/CUM/Duquesne.
My lawyer said for some reason, Pittsburgh DO is moving very slow lately, so you might not be the only one who is waiting. I really hope that you can hear anything soon. Good luck!!!

I wonder whether the Pittsburgh DO is busy dealing with the VISAs for international students for PITT/CUM/Duquesne.
!!!

Student visas (F1) are issued in the country of origin and not the DO. The school supplies the I-20 and then the student goes to his embassy to get all the paperwork. Visas (stamped on the passport) are for travelling purposes anyways. Stay in the US is allowed even after the visa expires, as long as the person keeps doing what the had originally came here for (study in this case).

So your DO is slow for other reasons.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know someone who applied GC in December last year, and they got their interview scheduled in mid-July. Maybe yours is coming soon. I wonder whether the Pittsburgh DO is busy dealing with the VISAs for international students for PITT/CUM/Duquesne.
My lawyer said for some reason, Pittsburgh DO is moving very slow lately, so you might not be the only one who is waiting. I really hope that you can hear anything soon. Good luck!!!

Thanks BB. It's nice to hear you say that. Whatever the reason is, I can't do anything here at my side except for being patient. :confused:
But the lady I saw on the other day wrote down my A # on a note and gave to me said it's my A #. I don't understand why she did that. :confused:

I've got it finally. My husband called and said we recieved it. I'm gonna take a really good look at it after I get home. :cool:
Thanks so much for all of you and the nice advices you've been given to me. I think my visit was helpful. They probably did forget about me and my visit reminded them and that's why I saw the lady officer kept entering something in the computer. So that was it. 08/08/07 is my big day. :rolleyes:

I've got it finally. My husband called and said we recieved it. I'm gonna take a really good look at it after I get home. :cool:
Thanks so much for all of you and the nice advices you've been given to me. I think my visit was helpful. They probably did forget about me and my visit reminded them and that's why I saw the lady officer kept entering something in the computer. So that was it. 08/08/07 is my big day. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! Good luck for everything.:D

Thank you, good luck to you too on 07/31/07 if what I remembered was correct. ;)
Thank you!
If anyone is from Pittsburgh DO, my lawyer told me that Pittsburgh DO has been short of staff for the last couple months. One officer was gone for 2-3 months for health reasons and 2 officers left the job. That is why Pittsburgh DO is very slow now.

I-130 Filed by wife in Feb

hi,

MY I-130 got filed in Feb. I got the case number immediately. On July 6 i submitted the choice of address agent DS-3032.

NOW WHAT NEXT WILL HAPPPEN>

I-485 biometrics after AOS interview?

Hello everyone,

My timeline is in my signature. Its been three days since I had my biometrics done but my I-485 hasn't even been touched. My biometrics appointment letter came from the local office(Garden City, NY). I would appreciate any input as to what may be going on? How much longer before the application is approved? At the conclusion of the AOS interview the IO said that everything was in order barring the Affidavit of support, which I sent immediately. So I don't understand what the hold up may be.

I appreciate everyone's helpful insights.

Thanks

ssp77

Hello everyone,

My timeline is in my signature. Its been three days since I had my biometrics done but my I-485 hasn't even been touched. My biometrics appointment letter came from the local office(Garden City, NY). I would appreciate any input as to what may be going on? How much longer before the application is approved? At the conclusion of the AOS interview the IO said that everything was in order barring the Affidavit of support, which I sent immediately. So I don't understand what the hold up may be.

I appreciate everyone's helpful insights.

Thanks

ssp77

Strange chain if events indeed. I'd say call USCIS and speak to a customer service rep. If you are not satisfied, request an INFOPASS.

I don't hear much from my February filing pals nomore. Does it mean most of you got your goodies, and are out of here? Well I am February filer who never thought would need an EAD, now praying it comes yesterday.

Peace ya'll.

Approved!!!

We had our interview today. Everything went rather smoothly. I will write up a full report when I get back home from work today.

Thank you all who have helped me with the process! Thanks to this entire community! At least this part of the ordeal is over. :)

I don't hear much from my February filing pals nomore. Does it mean most of you got your goodies, and are out of here? Well I am February filer who never thought would need an EAD, now praying it comes yesterday.

Peace ya'll.

Either that or are like me stuck waiting for the name check to clear, and there is really nothing much that I can do about that.