February 2007 Filing Thread

Finally the LUD on 05/17/2007 ! Hope to see something in mail soon!

------------------------------------------
Family based category: F-1 married to USC.
DO: San Francisco, CA
I-485, I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox on 02/08/2007
RD: 02/11/2007 (Sunday)
ND: 02/14/2007
Bio Notice Received: 02/23/2007
Bio Appointment: 03/06/2007 @ SF
Interview NOA 03/06/2007: (mailed on 03/07/2007) Received 03/13/2007
Interview Date: 04/30/2007 at 10:30 AM @ San Francisco, CA

Man, I'm really beginning to worry... :(

No LUD change since 3/28 (one day after my FP/Bio), no appointment letter, no nothing...

I was really hoping I'd be able to travel to Canada without a visa this July. I guess I better start thinking about getting one, just in case...

What's taking them so long? They could, at least, send me the interview appointment letter, even if the interview is going to be in August, couldn't they? :confused:

Man, I'm really beginning to worry... :(

No LUD change since 3/28 (one day after my FP/Bio), no appointment letter, no nothing...

I was really hoping I'd be able to travel to Canada without a visa this July. I guess I better start thinking about getting one, just in case...

What's taking them so long? They could, at least, send me the interview appointment letter, even if the interview is going to be in August, couldn't they? :confused:

I dont think you need to worry yet. Your application is still within USCIS time limits. I don't think that website is actually as good as we'd love it, you know for updates. I live in Phila and right now, they are still processing I-485 for November 06 for example. So I'd give it another 3 months before I said, what going on.

We're on the same boat buddy, so hang in there.

We're on the same boat buddy, so hang in there.

Thanks, myredskins! I appreciate your calming words. :)

I know I'm still within the time limits, but I'm just reading some of these posts here and... I guess, I'm kinda jealous... ;)

Oh, well... I'll just wait, wait, wait... :rolleyes: :D

Finally received interview letter today after 3 months wait. They also moved my DO without further notice. Accompanied by no LUD and no online updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, myredskins! I appreciate your calming words. :)

I know I'm still within the time limits, but I'm just reading some of these posts here and... I guess, I'm kinda jealous... ;)

Oh, well... I'll just wait, wait, wait... :rolleyes: :D

Ttinatl, I understand how you feel. At least in my case no matter how frustrated I could still find a logical explanation because my DOs are behind the national average in processing times.

However, your DO (Atlanta) is on time with processing, right on the national average (currently listed as receipt date of October 14, 2006, although it must go faster for family-based applications since most Feb and March 2007 filers nationwide have received their interview letters by now, including me, and with a RFE to slow me down for 25 days). Therefore your case is not developing as generally expected. Its timeframe is, frankly, sub-par, especially since you didn't have a RFE.

Have you tried to make an infopass appointment in Atlanta? Even if they don't help you, at least you'll know you tried.

If you haven't applied for I-765 and I-131 yet, I think you should, especially if you want to travel internationally. Those also take 75-90 days to process.

Just came back from the interview... Lasted 40 min.
It was weird. She (Imm. Officer) didn't ask any of usual questions (such as birthday, hve you kiled anyone etc.), she asked how we met, then she asked if we are using any birth control -- no we don't. Are planing for a baby? -- No, we don't. So how is it working? Are you guys having sex at all? I was speechless, but my wife said we're using condoms. She started asking all the "stokes" intervie question, but we were not separated, so at least it went well. After 40 minutes of torture she said -- congratulations, you are approved.
What we had:
1) Marriage certificate (didn't ask)
2) Birth certificates for both of us (didn't ask)
3) Tax returns (didn't ask)
4) Lease (took)
5) Joint credit card and bank accounts statements (5 or 6) (didn't ask)
6) Joint health, car, life insurance (took)
7) Weding album (took 5 or 6 pictures)
8) dating album (didn't take anything)
9) notarized letters from both of our parents (took)

She also didn't ask or took my I-94 or EAD. She looked as exhausted as we were after all said and done.

Good luck to you guys!

However, your DO (Atlanta) is on time with processing, right on the national average (currently listed as receipt date of October 14, 2006, although it must go faster for family-based applications since most Feb and March 2007 filers nationwide have received their interview letters by now, including me, and with a RFE to slow me down for 25 days). Therefore your case is not developing as generally expected. Its timeframe is, frankly, sub-par, especially since you didn't have a RFE.

Given this information, I wonder if there are any people with a Philadelphia DO, February 07 filers who have recieved their interview notices. I had an RFE so I was at least eaxpecting an interview letter between now and June 07. It sure sucks to wait.

Had our interview today, it only lasted 10 minutes. IO swore us in, asked for our IDs, verified the information on the forms. Asked the yes/no question. Asked if we had any kids. Asked for supporting documents:
1) Lease
2) Bank account information
3) Joint car information
4) Joint insurance

That was it. He said name check was pending and spent some time explaining that. We were done in 10 minutes.

Got updates on I-130 and I-485
I-130 : Approval notice sent
I-485 : Interview conducted; case under review

Now the waiting game begins.

I applied 130 for my parents in Feb-07 and applied 485 in May-07.
I am from New Jersey.

However I got an email today saying :
On May 19, 2007, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

Anyone else got this ?
What are the implications ?

So looks like I'm the worst one here. Everybody who hasn't received the interview letter yet, please don't worry. I applied on 01/30/2007 and still haven't got the interview letter yet. Hehe, guess they forget about me then. :)

Same boat as you...

Had our interview today, it only lasted 10 minutes. IO swore us in, asked for our IDs, verified the information on the forms. Asked the yes/no question. Asked if we had any kids. Asked for supporting documents:
1) Lease
2) Bank account information
3) Joint car information
4) Joint insurance

That was it. He said name check was pending and spent some time explaining that. We were done in 10 minutes.

Got updates on I-130 and I-485
I-130 : Approval notice sent

Now the waiting game begins.

Hey cart,
Am in the same situation as you. I had my interview on Apr 23rd 2007 and its almost a month. I see the same message on my I 485

The interviewer also said that my name was a very very common name and that it might take a longer time cos' of that. I hope to God I get it atleast in a year or so... Keeping fingers crossed.

stbg

notarized letter

9) notarized letters from both of our parents (took)

Can I ask what is "notarized letter from parents" for??? This is not in the list of things that our lawyer asks us to prepare for the interview.
Thanks!!

Hey cart,
Am in the same situation as you. I had my interview on Apr 23rd 2007 and its almost a month. I see the same message on my I 485

The interviewer also said that my name was a very very common name and that it might take a longer time cos' of that. I hope to God I get it atleast in a year or so... Keeping fingers crossed.

stbg

All the best. I hope it clears soon!

Hi,

I got the similar message on 4/2/07. Please see my timeline below. Not much update since then.

I applied 130 for my parents in Feb-07 and applied 485 in May-07.
I am from New Jersey.

However I got an email today saying :
On May 19, 2007, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

Anyone else got this ?
What are the implications ?

my and my wife's parents wrote a letter saying "that marriage has been entered in good faith" etc.