EAD Timeline After RFE - continued

blondy said:
Who needs to file for advance parole? maybe I just don't get the whole cooncept of advance parole.. :eek:

Once you receive your GC you can travel as much as you want back and forth.

As long as you're still in the process of getting the GC you might be out of the status you originally came into the US. Most people who filed for Adjustment of Status are in a pending status and might have trouble at the POE when they re-enter the US.

That's why they're supposed to have a re-entry permit.
In order to get one, you have to file for AP (Advanced Parole).

Who needs to apply is a good question, Blondy. We didn't file for the AP document with our concurrent filings because we'd been told (rightly or otherwise) that AOS approval could come within 6 months. My husband's father still lives in Italy and is elderly. Our worst fear is that something would happen to him, my husband would have to leave the country suddenly (while we were waiting) and wouldn't be able to get back in.

But we took a risk, didn't file for AP and now we're wondering whether we ought to go back and file electronically for it. If my district office wasn't Memphis, I wouldn't worry...but given that it is and we're sort of in limbo as to a time frame to look at, I wish we'd applied for AP with the whole package. If you know you can get AOS approval in 3-4 months, it really doesn't make much sense to do AP. If you can't, and the foreign national has family or business or something else in his/her home country, it makes sense to do it, I think. That's just my opinion ;)

Rex1960 and justcounting thanks for the explanation. I got scared little bit and wondered If I missed something when filling all papers, since I did not use a lawyer, they ask too much money. :eek:
I have not been home for about 7 years so getting AP makes no sense plus I got interview in august and I can wait another month 9of course if they approve me at the interview) However, it's good to know about AP.

I am wondering if anyone had work permit before based on OPT (Optional practical training)??? I am wondering if it makes any difference in approving another EAD.
I received my EAD after I graduated from University.

Service Center

Hi Patty,
I was wondering which is my Service Center, is it California, Vermont, Nebraska and how do you determine which service center is actually going to process application? I am in San Diego, CA
I understood that service center is processing EAD, is it true?

blondy said:
so getting AP makes no sense ......However, it's good to know about AP.
But your signature says
7/26/06 AP letter received (59 days from ND) 8/31/06 INTERVIEW (99 days from ND)
Am i missing something :rolleyes: ??

blondy said:
Hi Patty,
I was wondering which is my Service Center, is it California, Vermont, Nebraska and how do you determine which service center is actually going to process application? I am in San Diego, CA
I understood that service center is processing EAD, is it true?
You can check on the USCIS website:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/service_centers/svcalphac.htm#anchorCALIFORNIA
Your service center is California.
The service center only processes your I-130 though. It is the NBC that processes your EAD and AP. :)
Your local DO is San Diego, they process your I-485. It is my theory that NBC pre-processes your I-485 until you get the interview letter, and after that the DO takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
indone said:
But your signature says
7/26/06 AP letter received (59 days from ND) 8/31/06 INTERVIEW (99 days from ND)
Am i missing something :rolleyes: ??

Indone
Thanks, the problem is fixed. It was mistypo :eek:

To Blondy

hey~ Did you go to the appointment today? I remember that you said that you had got an info pass for today regarding to iEAD. Just curious.

XiaopingZer said:
hey~ Did you go to the appointment today? I remember that you said that you had got an info pass for today regarding to iEAD. Just curious.

Hi Xiaoping,
No I did not go to InfoPass, I had to cancel it. I want to try to schedule for this week, I will keep you posted.
Did you have any LUD changes so far???
I have schedule infopass for 8/14, I hope I won't have to use this appointment though.

About EAD

Hey~ Xiaopingzer again :)
First, why some ppl write EAD and some write iEAD?
Second, I am going to see the local office on Aug 8th with an info pass to ask them about 1.my EAD 2. sometimes about the interview too. With my data below, do you think it is possible that I can get the EAD on that day? No serious hurry, just curious.
Thanks

To Blondy, I think it is wise to wait a little longer for me however I had made the info pass appointment. Anyways, I am going to have a try. Also, I have given up the online status already. (It never changes in my case. For example, I got the FP letter, the interview letter...but it did not say anything online.)

To Patty, my local office is Portland OR. Do they issue EAD? (Sorry, just confussed.) :rolleyes:

XiaopingZer said:
Hey~ Xiaopingzer again :)
First, why some ppl write EAD and some write iEAD?
Second, I am going to see the local office on Aug 8th with an info pass to ask them about 1.my EAD 2. sometimes about the interview too. With my data below, do you think it is possible that I can get the EAD on that day? No serious hurry, just curious.
Thanks

To Blondy, I think it is wise to wait a little longer for me however I had made the info pass appointment. Anyways, I am going to have a try. Also, I have given up the online status already. (It never changes in my case. For example, I got the FP letter, the interview letter...but it did not say anything online.)

To Patty, my local office is Portland OR. Do they issue EAD? (Sorry, just confussed.) :rolleyes:

About the online status, yeah it is pretty unreliable. But there are no special changes for the FP or interview letter. Just the date changes sometimes.

An iEAD is an interim EAD that is issued to people who had waited 90 days and longer for the EADs. The EADs are processed by the NBC, whereas an iEAD is issued by your local DO, usually on the same day.
BUT: If you have received an RFE, you are actually not eligible for an iEAD, only 90 days after they received your RFE. Another BUT: Sometimes they don't seem to know or care at the DO, and will still issue you an iEAD, even though it's only been 90 days after your original ND. So it's always worth trying. I tried and I received an iEAD.

Good luck! :)

Hi Patty,
What did you say when you went to ask for IEAD?
I am currently looking for a job and there is a lot of jobs I would like to apply for, but usually first they ask for work permit and I don't have one, so they don't want to waste their time. I hate to asnwer question when possible employer ask, "when do you think you will receive the work permit", and I have to tell them I don't know :mad:

I am wondering if it will be a good reason to get IEAD on 82 day from ND :confused:

I would suggest that you wait until the 91st day after your ND. It's impossible to get one before that, even for people without an RFE.
I just went in and said that it has been 90 days and that I would like to apply for an iEAD. I didn't mention my RFE at all and she didn't say anything either, even though she could read everything about my case in her computer.
Bring your fingerprint appointment letter and your receipt notices for I-765 and I-485.
Basically everything immigration-related.

Good luck! :)

Processing date

FYI NBC processing date has been updated: August 3! :) smile a little bit, right?

dj36 said:
FYI NBC processing date has been updated: August 3! :) smile a little bit, right?
Well, it seems that it take them two weeks to process 5 days of ND.
I gave up on the processing dates, I am counting on the interview and that I will get approved on the spot :) . Cause this waiting is killing me :mad:

Finally!

I received my EAD approval email today, YAY! :) Patty, could you update the table for me? Thanks.

dj