EAD Timeline After RFE - continued

Nothing Changed

Since 7/03 there is no date change on the case files...
Interview will be on 31st of Aug, hehe~ So, EAD seems will not
arrive at all... I am getting nervous on the interview when the interview day gets closer and closer. :)

XiaopingZer said:
Since 7/03 there is no date change on the case files...
Interview will be on 31st of Aug, hehe~ So, EAD seems will not
arrive at all... I am getting nervous on the interview when the interview day gets closer and closer. :)
You have nothing to worry about. I was very nervous at the beginning but my hubby said that we have nothing to hide, our marriage is legitimate. XiaopingZer just make sure you got everything what they ask on the list and you should be fine :) . About EAD i don't think we will receive it, they probably came to conclusion why bother with EAD when we have interview coming up, once we get stamp in the password we won't need EAD. Therefore, $180 application for EAD was wasted :(

Last edited by a moderator:
XiaopingZer

XiaopingZer, are you ready for yor interview?
I just want to wish you good luck on your interview. I am finally done with paperwork. I need to make copies,and print out almost 100 pics.

I can't wait to have it behind me. Hopefully, I get stamp at the interview.

Anyone any last minute tips for interview???

Just be relaxed! You don't have to show up too early. And when you're approved, they might not stamp your passport..mine wasn't stamped.

Good luck blondy!

Dear Everyone,

I received RFE for my affidavit of support from my co-sponser last week. We are gathering the paperworks to resubmit again. How is this "RFE" particularly would effect my EAD timeline? As far as I am concern, RFE for financial support is irrelevent to I-765? It is more concern to I-485. Please advise.

DO: Chicago, IL
ND: 8/1
RD: 8/2
Fingerprinted: 8/23
8/21: RFE- Affidavit of support

Thanks.

Jessica

Jessica, get your RFE in ASAP.

Your entire timeline will be delayed the number of days that elapse between the RFE Notice Date, and the day they Notify you as Received.

For example:
You get a Notice date for RFE August 1st. You mail it out and they say they got it on August 15th.. Add 15 days to your expected wait.

Dear SomeitGuy,

Thanks for your advises. I might be able to send the additional paperworks next week. So, is that means that though my RFE is relevant to I-485, the delay would still affects my EAD time line? I am desperately in need my new EAD card.

:(

Thanks.

Jessica

Expect to be desperate for a while. Even without RFE, EADs are taking 80-90 days. I filed in late June and have still not heard anything about my EAD.

On my RFE letter it said cannot get work authorization (presumably EAD) until at least 90 days after the receipt of the requested evidence. That doesn't seem to be the case though judging by the timelines here. Is that standard on all REF letters?

My RFE was my birth certificate which I am 99.9% sure I included in the original package I sent.

It's About Time

To Blondy
Yeah, I had prepared a lot of files and pics for the interview. I guess maybe I should bring the copy of the original files that I had applied before to them. (Is it absolutely necessary? Just curious.). Good lucky to you too Blondy and I will have a job interview on Sep. 1st! Isn't that crazy? hehe~ I wish that tomorrow I will get the stamp and then I can go directly for the SSN on the same day. Just a good wish.

To All the People on This Board
It is not in our control sometimes when the REF comes and when we will receive our EAD(or not?hehe). So, please do all the work under the instruction both from the official and this side. When it is about 90 days, I think normally your GC interview will get pretty close. :) Good Luck to you all.

jessica_tdm said:
Dear SomeitGuy,Thanks for your advises. I might be able to send the additional paperworks next week. So, is that means that though my RFE is relevant to I-485, the delay would still affects my EAD time line? I am desperately in need my new EAD card.

Yes, it seems to slow down everything, but if you send it that fast, good for you! Also note, once you get the EAD, you'll need your social security card to get credit, open or join a bank account, get a license.. be prepared for a 4 -6 week wait for that after you file for it :( Upside? The SS card and app is free.

eddie_d said:
On my RFE letter it said cannot get work authorization (presumably EAD) until at least 90 days after the receipt<-->Is that standard on all REF letters?

Yessir, standard yadda yadda. Ignore it :)

Green Card Approved

Hi everyone,
So i had my interview today and I got approved. I got a stamp in my passport valid for 1 month, my green card should come in the mail in 3 weeks..yeah yeah..it is a heavy weight off my back.. :)
I want to thank you everyone for all your support and keep everyone posted.
Even though I wasted $180 on my EAD application , I am still happy..Let them have it

Last edited by a moderator:
someitguy said:
YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good deal !
Thanks someitguy..
your interview is coming up soon..just have everything prepared as they asked in the interview letter...and you will be fine..
dj36 you were right..i advise everyone don't arrive too early, just be there 30 minutes earlier and be relax..and if your marriage is bona fide then you have nothing to worry, because they just can see it.. :)

Today 09/05- I got my Welcome to United States letter-I am so happy.The letter stated that I will receive my card in 3 weeks... Wish everyone good luck... :)

blondy said:
Thanks someitguy..
your interview is coming up soon..just have everything prepared as they asked in the interview letter...and you will be fine..

For sure, I think we have everything in order, originals -copies in triplicate, yadda yadda :)

blondy said:
Today 09/05- I got my Welcome to United States letter-I am so happy.The letter stated that I will receive my card in 3 weeks... Wish everyone good luck... :)

Ah, what a welcome relief I bet :)

Hello Blondy, Hello Everyone:

I realised that your DO was in Chicago. Hence, I need advises and guidances from you as my DO is in Chicago too. Please advise.

I have overstayed for 1 year. I came here using F1 and got married to USC in July 2006. I have filed my application 2 months back, fingerprinted and currently waiting for my EAD. What will be the questions/impacts I should have during the interview?
I am afraid of not preparing enough for the interview though our marriage is bona fide.

F1-OPT-Overstay
RD: 8/8
Fingerprinted: 8/23
RFE: 8/21
RFE replied: 9/8
Awaiting....