• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 Egyptian winners meet here

Dears,
I finished the DS 260 online, then by checking the US embassy site and notice that we have to create profile in ustraveldocs.com/eg/

Does anyone know is there any thing else we should do to prepare for interview?

For the attestation, did you go directly from the Police department to the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Or you had to get more signatures on the certificate before the Saudi MOFA?
I went directly to mofa after police station

The DS260 shoul;d have education from age 11/12
i dont understand this point. our education system in Egypt till finish secondary school is total of 11 years.so it will be problem or refuse for those people who stoped their educations at this level??

I am principle applicant and i add my wife in ds 260 .my question is the 2nl letter will include her name too or only my name ???

Hi Guys
I just realized yesterday that i was selected unfortunately and i finished the DS-260 for me and my family . Is there any chance for me because of my late submission . my case number 2017AF24XXX

Second Question , i only added my university degree do you think that is enough. or they need me to add the hight school as well .
Third ,about the police certificate now i'm living in another country for more that year now ,Am i still need to get police certificate from Egypt or only from the county which i live now .

Thanks for your help
Mohamed

Hi Guys
I just realized yesterday that i was selected unfortunately and i finished the DS-260 for me and my family . Is there any chance for me because of my late submission . my case number 2017AF24XXX

Second Question , i only added my university degree do you think that is enough. or they need me to add the hight school as well .
Third ,about the police certificate now i'm living in another country for more that year now ,Am i still need to get police certificate from Egypt or only from the county which i live now .

Thanks for your help
Mohamed

Firstly, please ensure you read the instructions carefully - I understand you are probably in a rush due to just realizing you have been selected, but slow down and do it right. You'll need to reopen your DS260 to add the high school.

The instructions (on the pages linked from your letter) clearly state the requirements for police certificates - all countries you have lived in since you were 16, for a year or longer. So yes you (and your spouse) will need for Egypt too. The pages have a link called "reciprocity by country", choose Egypt, and it should explain how to get the certificates if you are not currently living there. Please make sure you read all the pages thoroughly to ensure you don't accidentally do something to disqualify yourself. Good luck with the process!

Firstly, please ensure you read the instructions carefully - I understand you are probably in a rush due to just realizing you have been selected, but slow down and do it right. You'll need to reopen your DS260 to add the high school.

The instructions (on the pages linked from your letter) clearly state the requirements for police certificates - all countries you have lived in since you were 16, for a year or longer. So yes you (and your spouse) will need for Egypt too. The pages have a link called "reciprocity by country", choose Egypt, and it should explain how to get the certificates if you are not currently living there. Please make sure you read all the pages thoroughly to ensure you don't accidentally do something to disqualify yourself. Good luck with the process!

Thanks Susie for your quick reply.
I've already sent an email to unlock my DS-260 to do these amendments , but do you think there is a chance .

The other thing do you thing i need to start doing my police certificate now to be ready because it takes a long time and it needs to be by the Egyptian embassy here or it might be expired at the time of the interview .

Mohamed

Thanks Susie for your quick reply.
I've already sent an email to unlock my DS-260 to do these amendments , but do you think there is a chance .

The other thing do you thing i need to start doing my police certificate now to be ready because it takes a long time and it needs to be by the Egyptian embassy here or it might be expired at the time of the interview .

Mohamed

If your number gets current, I'm sure you'll have submitted in time for an interview.

How long do the certificates take from Egypt?

It might take more than 1 month
Mohamed

Don't do it now then, it will be at least a few months, probably longer, before you can interview. And you'll get your interview notification usually 6-8 weeks before the interview.

Don't do it now then, it will be at least a few months, probably longer, before you can interview. And you'll get your interview notification usually 6-8 weeks before the interview.

Thanks Susie for your help ,
Last Question do you think it takes long time to respond to the unlock request for the DS-260

What is the best sequence of plan we have to do it before traveling??learning languages or learning demanded craft hand in USA or choice the state or what?? The period after visa till travel is almost 6monthes may be less based on medical records. So it's not enough time to do all these things?

What is the best sequence of plan we have to do it before traveling??learning languages or learning demanded craft hand in USA or choice the state or what?? The period after visa till travel is almost 6monthes may be less based on medical records. So it's not enough time to do all these things?
Clearly you will need to have some idea of where you want to go before you leave. Different people choose different states for different reasons - they may have family or friends there, jobs market suits them, large community of people from home country, weather, etc.
Then - what state you choose may affect what you find work as, but one thing for sure is that you need English everywhere, so if your English isn't that good then you may want to learn more. However, you should also know that because there are so many immigrants, most cities /towns in the US have cheap or sometimes even feee English as a second language classes. Also a good way to meet other new immigrants especially if you don't know any or many people where you move to.

Clearly you will need to have some idea of where you want to go before you leave. Different people choose different states for different reasons - they may have family or friends there, jobs market suits them, large community of people from home country, weather, etc.
Then - what state you choose may affect what you find work as, but one thing for sure is that you need English everywhere, so if your English isn't that good then you may want to learn more. However, you should also know that because there are so many immigrants, most cities /towns in the US have cheap or sometimes even feee English as a second language classes. Also a good way to meet other new immigrants especially if you don't know any or many people where you move to.
Thank you susie. You are right

If the mean applicant studied the last year only from the secondary level at home however the first tow years of this level was completely in the classes and finally he get his normal secandary school as others but mentioned on right top a word of "homes "is that affect the approval ???