• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 Egyptian winners meet here

There is an option at the beginning of the DS260 to choose the interview location. Of course they put this option in the form for a reason, otherwise they would have simply scheduled the interview based on the current address without giving the selectee the option to choose the location of the interview. At the end of my reply I clearly said that despite choosing Cairo I don't know where they will schedule my interview. Is it Cairo based on my nationality and place of birth and my preference in the DS260, or Riyadh based on my current address. PERIOD

You clearly do not understand how the process works, so stop dispensing guidance that can potentially put anyone who goes by what you say in situations they did not anticipate. PERIOD!!

Myself and other regular members of this forum have had the opportunity of studying how the process works over the past couple of years (in addition to having gone through the process ourselves by the way).

We know for a fact interview location is based on the main selectees current address, it's got absolutely no bearing on whatever the derivative has listed (except in the case of where the main selectee has requested for the derivative to be interviewed in a different country). You did not indicate to the person asking the question you're not the main selectee, so saying you indicated at the end of your post that despite choosing Cairo you don't know where they will schedule your interview is completely irrelevant as the interview location will not be based on what's on your form!

Secondly, we've explained over and over that simply because one had the option of selecting an interview location outside of the embassy that has jurisdiction over their current home address does not mean KCC will schedule accordingly. This is a process we've observed over the years, as compared to a selectee who is currently learning the process based on being selected. Place of interview has absolutely nothing to do with place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or whatever else. PERIOD!!

Two other points (in addition to mom's above) on observations we have noticed before:

- people have reported being able to "choose" interview locations that do not actually process immigrant visas (for countries with more than one embassy/consulate, there is always only one per country that does immigrant visas) - so we had a case of someone who "chose" a consulate that they later discovered only processed non-immigrant visas
- people have reported choosing a consulate in their home country while living in the US but - you guessed it - they were processed as though they were doing AOS based on a currently-listed US address.

This in addition to a number of reports of people thinking they had chosen one place only to find out in their interview letter that they had been assigned based on address. I believe we admit to not understanding why they appear to give this option when it does not in fact make any difference...

There is an option at the beginning of the DS260 to choose the interview location. Of course they put this option in the form for a reason, otherwise they would have simply scheduled the interview based on the current address without giving the selectee the option to choose the location of the interview. At the end of my reply I clearly said that despite choosing Cairo I don't know where they will schedule my interview. Is it Cairo based on my nationality and place of birth and my preference in the DS260, or Riyadh based on my current address. PERIOD

Quite simple, exactly as Sm1smom (who is an expert) had already told you. Current address.

Just for some clarity on the process, you could also read this response below from KCC. It confirms that the current address is key for the interview location (and Mom, Susie and I have seen MANY cases where that is how it worked). It also describes the process when someone wants to change the interview location which is essentially this:-

1. Unlock the DS260
2. Update the DS260 with the new address (and move the old address to history). Note that the interview embassy is not update able in an unlocked form.
3. Resubmit
4. Email KCC asking them to modify the interview location.

"Once the DS-260 has been submitted, the Interview Location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Please send your request to KCCDV@state.gov. You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed.

If you need to change your interview location because your residency has changed, you will need to include the previous address on the original electronic entry and the new address in your email. You will also need to request that KCC unlock your DS-260, so that you can update your application with your new address. (Please note that Post Office Boxes and mailing addresses in care of another person do not justify a change of interview location..
remaining reply are details of visa bulletin."

You clearly do not understand how the process works, so stop dispensing guidance that can potentially put anyone who goes by what you say in situations they did not anticipate. PERIOD!!

Myself and other regular members of this forum have had the opportunity of studying how the process works over the past couple of years (in addition to having gone through the process ourselves by the way).

We know for a fact interview location is based on the main selectees current address, it's got absolutely no bearing on whatever the derivative has listed (except in the case of where the main selectee has requested for the derivative to be interviewed in a different country). You did not indicate to the person asking the question you're not the main selectee, so saying you indicated at the end of your post that despite choosing Cairo you don't know where they will schedule your interview is completely irrelevant as the interview location will not be based on what's on your form!

Secondly, we've explained over and over that simply because one had the option of selecting an interview location outside of the embassy that has jurisdiction over their current home address does not mean KCC will schedule accordingly. This is a process we've observed over the years, as compared to a selectee who is currently learning the process based on being selected. Place of interview has absolutely nothing to do with place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or whatever else. PERIOD!!
I didn't want to go further into an argument with you but your overconfident answers are pushing me to do so. Would you please explain to us why they are putting the option of choosing the interview location in the DS260? What is the importance of this question from your point view?

Regarding answering michael2017's question, I gave him my own experience in the matter he was inquiring about based on the information he gave in his post. Since he didn't mention that his wife is the principal applicant I assumed that he was the principal applicant and I answered him accordingly. In both cases this piece of info would not make any difference. There is a separate DS260 form for each applicant and each applicant can put a different interview location and a different current address.

I didn't want to go further into an argument with you but your overconfident answers are pushing me to do so. Would you please explain to us why they are putting the option of choosing the interview location in the DS260? What is the importance of this question from your point view?

Regarding answering michael2017's question, I gave him my own experience in the matter he was inquiring about based on the information he gave in his post. Since he didn't mention that his wife is the principal applicant I assumed that he was the principal applicant and I answered him accordingly. In both cases this piece of info would not make any difference. There is a separate DS260 form for each applicant and each applicant can put a different interview location and a different current address.

My "over confident answers" are based on time proven observations and experience, which has also been backed up by posts from other regular forum members who clearly understand the process.

Your misleading response on the other hand cannot be claimed to be based on experience since you're yet to go through the process and you obviously haven't taken out the time to research and find out how past selectees were processed! @michael2017 does not need to indicate if he's a derivative or a principal selectee before being given accurate and correct information.

And that's all I'm saying regarding this issue!

Would you please explain to us why they are putting the option of choosing the interview location in the DS260? What is the importance of this question from your point view?

Can you explain why the DS260 for DV applicants asks if they want to do jobs that require certification by the department of labor, when this is entirely irrelevant to a DV applicant? What is the importance of this question from your point of view?

Can you explain why the DS260 for DV applicants asks if they want to do jobs that require certification by the department of labor, when this is entirely irrelevant to a DV applicant? What is the importance of this question from your point of view?
Questions about future plans can make some sense even if they will not affect the process of the application. This is totally different than asking to choose the place of the interview.

Questions about future plans can make some sense even if they will not affect the process of the application. This is totally different than asking to choose the place of the interview.

No my friend, labor certification does not apply to DV applicants AT ALL, EVER - it is a requirement for certain visas, but DV immigrants never need it. Ever. The point is assuming a question is relevant just because it is on the form is a bad assumption.

No my friend, labor certification does not apply to DV applicants AT ALL, EVER - it is a requirement for certain visas, but DV immigrants never need it. Ever. The point is assuming a question is relevant just because it is on the form is a bad assumption.

Quite.

1. Present address: Oman

2. From high school upwards

3. Interview location will be based on your current address

4. Answer no. Although either response is fine since you'll get the required vaccinations at the time of your medical examination.

Hallo sm1smom,
regarding no. 2, in Egypt high school is only 3 years
so should I add to the list also the preparatory (middle) school 3 years and the primary school 6 years ?

Hallo sm1smom,
regarding no. 2, in Egypt high school is only 3 years
so should I add to the list also the preparatory (middle) school 3 years and the primary school 6 years ?

The DS260 shoul;d have education from age 11/12

Hello guys,

Did anyone get the interview scheduled from Egypt ?
They didn't contact me yet, I started to worry :)

What is the expected notification period between the day they contact me and the interview date ?

my cn is: 2017AF00004***

Ok so definitely current, when did you submit your DS form?

The interview notification normally comes about a week after the visa bulletin is released, about 6-7 weeks before the interviews that have been scheduled.

Ok so definitely current, when did you submit your DS form?

The interview notification normally comes about a week after the visa bulletin is released, about 6-7 weeks before the interviews that have been scheduled.

I submitted it first time on June 1st. Then I got a baby and asked them to reopen it to add the baby, then submitted it second time on July 18.

I submitted it first time on June 1st. Then I got a baby and asked them to reopen it to add the baby, then submitted it second time on July 18.

November interviews were based on submissions up to late May. Your interview will be, most likely, in December. 2NL will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks.