• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2015 Winners from Sri Lanka

Me too, and after going through an emotional couple of days, I just want to know what's going on.

It seems every time I think theres a better jump around the corner, it wasn't there when I looked around it.

Before I ask the following like a broken record, just to point out the hinges on Iran and quota doesn't change theory is well understood.
Most probably the VO is also making a guess on Iran's final number too, so a conditional answer could be better by the most likely case in your opinion.
If the regional quota is reduced, where did it go, other regions? globally reduced?

Why is the big jump and little increase ( Aug and Sept 2014) seems to be reversed?
Is it just wishful thinking the big jump will happen?
Where do you think the next VB for Asia is heading?
You are going to hate my answer. :oops:

I know you know about Iran AP. The thing is, KCC will know about the AP clearing timeline way before we will. They will make the VB decision based on that information and possibly even some commitment on AP processing made to them that we are not even privy to. So - the final VB for AS is unguessable beyond the scenarios we have already discussed (i.e. Iran > 3000 = AS Final <10000 and so on).
Yeah, I've always wondered about that. If KCC KNOWS how fast Iran AP are clearing, and already have a number of visas for Iran in mind, then they are no longer GUESSING and they are deliberately adjusting the VB pace. If that is truly the case, then it sounds very ominous for high ROA CNs, myself included.

Simon, there's not an ounce of hate to your(any) answer.

On the contrary, I am grateful for all the answer from you and all others.

I fully understand any analysis, theory or discussion will not change the outcome. It is considered as fixed but unknown.It is about time for me to take a deep breath, summon the courage, let go of the emotion and stop thinking about it.

For that wake-up call, I thank you.

Yup - try and take your mind off it for a few weeks. I hope you get the news you want when you wake from DV hibernation.

Yeah, I've always wondered about that. If KCC KNOWS how fast Iran AP are clearing, and already have a number of visas for Iran in mind, then they are no longer GUESSING and they are deliberately adjusting the VB pace. If that is truly the case, then it sounds very ominous for high ROA CNs, myself included.

All the VBs are deliberately set. That is why they are now mostly predictable, but the last one, particularly for AS is another thing - and KCC have demonstrated they are pretty good at that, despite the fact we think they are clueless sometimes. Their prediction was caught out in DV2013 though when they had to stop Iran before the end of the month.

All the VBs are deliberately set. That is why they are now mostly predictable, but the last one, particularly for AS is another thing - and KCC have demonstrated they are pretty good at that, despite the fact we think they are clueless sometimes. Their prediction was caught out in DV2013 though when they had to stop Iran before the end of the month.
I understand, my bad. I specifically meant the last VB (7650) being too low, but yeah, as you said KCC know what they're doing.

10 days prior to month end. Better than 2007 when Bangladesh got stopped as I recall on 3 or 4 Sept!
I can't find the numbers now but didn't Iran get 3802 visas issued for 2013? Does that mean they set the quota at 3800 then and if so... why? (given that it is not 7% of either 50k or 55k)

10 days prior to month end. Better than 2007 when Bangladesh got stopped as I recall on 3 or 4 Sept!
I can't find the numbers now but didn't Iran get 3802 visas issued for 2013? Does that mean they set the quota at 3800 then and if so... why? (given that it is not 7% of either 50k or 55k)

Yep - that one is an unknown. I can imagine a country having a few extra babies after issuance and before entry, but that doesn't quite explain things for Iran in that year.

Yep - that one is an unknown. I can imagine a country having a few extra babies after issuance and before entry, but that doesn't quite explain things for Iran in that year.
As Anxiety pointed out and provided a quote from some legislation, if there is no demand for unused visas from other countries, visas can be issued above the country limit of 3500.

http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/act.html

Sec. 202. [8 U.S.C. 1152]

(a) Per Country Level. -

(B) 1/ Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to limit the authority of the Secretary of State to determine the procedures for the processing of immigrant visa applications or the locations where such applications will be processed.

(2) Per country levels for family-sponsored and employment-based immigrants. - Subject to 1a/ paragraphs (3), (4), and (5) the total number of immigrant visas made available to natives of any single foreign state or dependent area under subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 in any fiscal year may not exceed 7 percent (in the case of a single foreign state) or 2 percent (in the case of a dependent area) of the total number of such visas made available under such subsections in that fiscal year.

(3) Exception if additional visas available. - If because of the application of paragraph (2) with respect to one or more foreign states or dependent areas, the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who otherwise may be issued such a visa, paragraph (2) shall not apply to visas made available to such states or areas during the remainder of such calendar quarter.

(a) Per Country Level. -

(B) 1/ Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to limit the authority of the Secretary of State to determine the procedures for the processing of immigrant visa applications or the locations where such applications will be processed.

(2) Per country levels for family-sponsored and employment-based immigrants. - Subject to 1a/ paragraphs (3), (4), and (5) the total number of immigrant visas made available to natives of any single foreign state or dependent area under subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 in any fiscal year may not exceed 7 percent (in the case of a single foreign state) or 2 percent (in the case of a dependent area) of the total number of such visas made available under such subsections in that fiscal year.

(3) Exception if additional visas available. - If because of the application of paragraph (2) with respect to one or more foreign states or dependent areas, the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who otherwise may be issued such a visa, paragraph (2) shall not apply to visas made available to such states or areas during the remainder of such calendar quarter.
The DV program is 203(c) not (a) or (b).

(a) Per Country Level. -

INA ACT 203 (a) and (b) clearly has nothing to do with the DV program. The section you quoted deals with family sponsored and employment based immigrant visas. Just like @DV4ROGER noted above, what you should be looking at, with regards to Diversity visa program is Act 203 (c):

http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-1083/0-0-0-1159.html

Act 203(c)
[URL='http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-914.html#0-0-0-178']201 (e) for diversity immigrants shall be allotted visas each fiscal year as follows:
[/URL]
(A) Determination of preference immigration. - The Attorney General shall determine for the most recent previous 5-fiscal-year period for which data are available, the total number of aliens who are natives of each foreign state and who (i) were admitted or otherwise provided lawful permanent resident status (other than under this subsection) and (ii) were subject to the numerical limitations of section 201(a) (other than paragraph (3) thereof) or who were admitted or otherwise provided lawful permanent resident status as an immediate relative or other alien described in section 201(b)(2) .
(B) Identification of high-admission and low-admission regions and high-admission and low-admission states. - The Attorney General -
(i) shall identify -
(I) each region (each in this paragraph referred to as a "high- admission region") for which the total of the numbers determined under subparagraph (A) for states in the region is greater than 1/6 of the total of all such numbers, and
(II) each other region (each in this paragraph referred to as a "low- admission region"); and
(ii) shall identify -
(I) each foreign state for which the number determined under subparagraph (A) is greater than 50,000 (each such state in this paragraph referred to as a "high-admission state"), and
(II) each other foreign state (each such state in this paragraph referred to as a "low-admission state").
(C) Determination of percentage of worldwide immigration attributable to high-admission regions. - The Attorney General shall determine the percentage of the total of the numbers determined under subparagraph (A) that are numbers for foreign states in high- admission regions.
(D) Determination of regional populations excluding high- admission states and ratios of populations of regions within low-admission regions and high-admission regions. - The Attorney General shall determine -
(i) based on available estimates for each region, the total population of each region not including the population of any high-admission state;
(ii) for each low-admission region, the ratio of the population of the region determined under clause (i) to the total of the populations determined under such clause for all the low-admission regions; and
(iii) for each high-admission region, the ratio of the population of the region determined under clause (i) to the total of the populations determined under such clause for all the high-admission regions.

(E) Distribution of visas. -
(i) No visas for natives of high-admission states.- The percentage of visas made available under this paragraph to natives of a high- admission state is 0.
(ii) For low-admission states in low-admission regions. - Subject to clauses (iv) and (v), the percentage of visas made available under this paragraph to natives (other than natives of a high-admission state) in a low-admission region is the product of-
(I) the percentage determined under subparagraph (C), and
(II) the population ratio for that region determined under subparagraph (D)(ii).
(iii) For low-admission states in high-admission regions. - Subject to clauses (iv) and (v), the percentage of visas made available under this paragraph to natives (other than natives of a high-admission state) in a high-admission region is the product of -
(I) 100 percent minus the percentage determined under subparagraph (C), and
(II) the population ratio for that region determined under subparagraph (D)(iii).
(iv) Redistribution of unused visa numbers. - If the Secretary of State estimates that the number of immigrant visas to be issued to natives in any region for a fiscal year under this paragraph is less than the number of immigrant visas made available to such natives under this paragraph for the fiscal year, subject to clause (v), the excess visa numbers shall be made available to natives (other than natives of a high-admission state) of the other regions in proportion to the percentages otherwis e specified in clauses (ii) and (iii).
(v) Limitation on visas for natives of a single foreign state. - The percentage of visas made available under this paragraph to natives of any single foreign state for any fiscal year shall not exceed 7 percent​

Me too, and after going through an emotional couple of days, I just want to know what's going on.

It seems every time I think theres a better jump around the corner, it wasn't there when I looked around it.

Before I ask the following like a broken record, just to point out the hinges on Iran and quota doesn't change theory is well understood.
Most probably the VO is also making a guess on Iran's final number too, so a conditional answer could be better by the most likely case in your opinion.
If the regional quota is reduced, where did it go, other regions? globally reduced?

Why is the big jump and little increase ( Aug and Sept 2014) seems to be reversed?
Is it just wishful thinking the big jump will happen?
Where do you think the next VB for Asia is heading?
There should be the jump. But who knows.

Don't want one, do I have choice?
LOL
I was starting to hope that you were of the same ancestry as Euro and I.
My goose is on the platter already, yet to be served.
With your CN, they chopped the head off of your goose, and pulling feathers right now. Because it takes time to make it kosher, I hope at the mid July it will still be not completely cooked.

if i sponsor myself , how to show 10000$ ? can i show the current account bank balance.. or it should be the fixed deposit ?? if it is FD what is the minimum period of FD ??