• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2015 Winners from Sri Lanka

if i sponsor myself , how to show 10000$ ? can i show the current account bank balance.. or it should be the fixed deposit ?? if it is FD what is the minimum period of FD ??
It is better to have the account history from the bank. So they would see that the money had been accumulating there, and not just appeared there before the interview. No need for FD.
In case you get the money deposited right prior to the interview, get some documentation on where it is coming from.

It is better to have the account history from the bank. So they would see that the money had been accumulating there, and not just appeared there before the interview. No need for FD.
In case you get the money deposited right prior to the interview, get some documentation on where it is coming from.
thanks a lot :)

if i sponsor myself , how to show 10000$ ? can i show the current account bank balance.. or it should be the fixed deposit ?? if it is FD what is the minimum period of FD ??

They will typically accept any account - but you might want to show a period of a few months to show the money has't been deposited simply to pass the interview.

They will typically accept any account - but you might want to show a period of a few months to show the money has't been deposited simply to pass the interview.
thanks a lot :), actually i asked for additional safety ..because my US sponsor is my friend's brother , he also green-card holder( live in Us more than 4 years). if embassy accept this sponsor then all are ok

Dear All,

Really appreciate your guidance, support & helping hand through out past year.

Wishing you, very all the best.

Regards,
Chandika

AFRICA: 50,000

ASIA: 7,650 Except: Nepal 7,150

EUROPE: 43,050

NORTH AMERICA: 8

OCEANIA: 1,490

SOUTH AMERICA: 1,350

Your DV regional rank number is above the specified allocation cut-off number. September is the final month of the DV-2015 program year, and since your rank number never fell within the specified allocation cut-off, your case never became eligible to be scheduled for an interview.
.....................................................................................................................................................................
my case number is 2015AS00008xxx. I got this notice from kcc today. Do you have any idea? I think , it is bad luck.

AFRICA: 50,000

ASIA: 7,650 Except: Nepal 7,150

EUROPE: 43,050

NORTH AMERICA: 8

OCEANIA: 1,490

SOUTH AMERICA: 1,350

Your DV regional rank number is above the specified allocation cut-off number. September is the final month of the DV-2015 program year, and since your rank number never fell within the specified allocation cut-off, your case never became eligible to be scheduled for an interview.
.....................................................................................................................................................................
my case number is 2015AS00008xxx. I got this notice from kcc today. Do you have any idea? I think , it is bad luck.

Yes it is not good news. It means you're not getting an interview. Sorry! Try again for DV2017.

Do we need to hand in the police report or its going to be sent straight from the Colombo Police department?

Heyy Srilankan Guys Who lives in USA after winning the lottery.
Could you please share your Colombo embassy's interview experience.

Much appreciated.