• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2007 CP only

won07 said:
I am a winner of DV 2007. I decided to do CP. BUT I have a problem that has been stressing me out. Currently I am in US under F-1 status. I have been student ever since I came here. I have never been out of status. But I have worked without authorization and filed tax for it. I wonder if that will create problem in consular processing.

Has anybody been through similar setuation?

Thanks.

I think it is not true what you are saying, you ARE OUT OF STATUS because you violated student visa regulations by working without authorization.
I do not know about CP, I think it can be a problem, just do not have an idea to hide it because if they find it later it will be worse...

Anahit said:
Hi KE,

No... 13 more days... My sister's interview is on December 20. :(
You'll get the package. Don't worry!
As for the embassy's response... They haven't responded my second e-mail, either.

Wish your sister and her family a successful quick interview. Please keep me posted.

Best,
KE

I just wanted to give an update. I received the second letter from KCC with a scheduled date for an interview January 11.

Hi everyone!
My sister successfully passed the interview today with her husband and 3 children. :) ;) :cool:
A week ago, when my sister called the embassy, they told her to take all the documents to the embassy. So, she did. And, all the documents were reviewed before the interview. At the interview my sister was just asked to confirm that the information was correct on the forms. Then they were all fingerprinted, except the young kids. And, that's all. They will get their stamped passports in a week (I don't know why it takes that long).
Anyhow, I expect them to be here sometime at the end of January. :)

KE, have you received the interview letter yet?

Hi Anahit,

It is a wonderful news! Congratulations!

I did not receive the second package yet, still waiting ....
Would you please let me know what your sister did about the medicals and affidavit? I am still a bit puzzled about these documents.

Thanks and happy holidays!

KE

KE2007 said:
Hi Anahit,

It is a wonderful news! Congratulations!

I did not receive the second package yet, still waiting ....
Would you please let me know what your sister did about the medicals and affidavit? I am still a bit puzzled about these documents.

Thanks and happy holidays!

KE
Thank you, KE! :)

My sister called the embassy, and was told where to go for the medical examination. Then she got further instructions from that medical office (such as getting medical records from their local clinic, etc.).
As for the affidavit of support, I sent her a filled out and notarized I-134 with all supporting documentation that applied to me from the instructions on I-134:
- a letter from my employer on the company letterhead about the length and nature of my employment, whether the position is temporary or permanent, and the salary paid;
- a bank statement about my accounts, their current balances; date accounts were open, the amount of deposits into each account during past year.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anahit said:
Thank you, KE! :)

My sister called the embassy, and was told where to go for the medical examination. Then she got further instructions from that medical office (such as getting medical records from their local clinic, etc.).
As for the affidavit of support, I sent her a filled out and notarized I-134 with all supporting documentation that applied to me from the instructions on I-134:
- a letter from my employer on the company letterhead about the length and nature of my employment, whether the position is temporary or permanent, and the salary paid;
- a bank statement about my accounts, their current balances; date accounts were open, the amount of deposits into each account during past year.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Hi Anahit,

Thanks a lot for info! It's very useful.
I finally received the second package, his interview is scheduled for Feb. 21.

Have a happy holidays!

KE

KE2007 said:
Hi Anahit,

Thanks a lot for info! It's very useful.
I finally received the second package, his interview is scheduled for Feb. 21.

Have a happy holidays!

KE
Great.
Good luck!

We had our interview in London. Unfortunately, we didn't get the visa because of two issues.

First, the embassy was supposed to obtain a police certificate from a third country for me through the US embassy there (I obtained the UK police certificate myself; I couldn't for the third country because of procedures specific to that country). Due to some oversight this wasn't done and the process has only started now. This should take approximately 4-8 weeks.

Second, surprise, surpise, I have to go through a name check. This can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Fortunately, the officer told us we can return to the US with the advance parole documents for my pending employment-based I485 and wait there.

We will have to return to the UK to get the visas put in our passports once notified by mail, though we don't have to appear at the embassy since the passports will be picked up by their courier service from any address in the UK mainland. He also told us to send them an e-mail now and again to keep the case alive.

PR card received

My DV2007 CP journey ended yesterday when I received my PR card & welcome notice in the mail. They arrived 14 working days after my POE at SFO.

2nd Letter Sent: 10/14/2006
2nd Letter Received: 10/19/2006
CP Interview Date: 12/13/2006
Visa Received: 12/15/2006
US POE (SFO): 12/21/2006
Green Card Received: 01/16/2007

penguincafe said:
My DV2007 CP journey ended yesterday when I received my PR card & welcome notice in the mail. They arrived 14 working days after my POE at SFO.
CONGRATULATIONS! :)

penguincafe said:

2nd Letter Sent: 10/14/2006
2nd Letter Received: 10/19/2006
CP Interview Date: 12/13/2006
Visa Received: 12/15/2006
US POE (SFO): 12/21/2006
Green Card Received: 01/16/2007

Hi all,

How many days from POE that we can receive our GC?
Can I change my GC address at POE?

Thx,
Vania

At my POE they verified my US address again, so you may have an opportunity then to change the address where you would like your GC sent.

Successful Interview

My interview was successful at the Consulate in Sofia. I have already entered the US as a permanent resident and am now waiting for the actual green card in the mail. Hopefully, I will get it soon. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer.

bg_vagabond said:
My interview was successful at the Consulate in Sofia. I have already entered the US as a permanent resident and am now waiting for the actual green card in the mail. Hopefully, I will get it soon. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Congratulation!!!! I have been thinking of you....if your dream came truth.

Would you please post your experiences? How did the interview go? Did you get the visa same day or in a couple of days? What documents did you show?

Thank you very much and good luck!

I am sorry for not responding earlier, but I did not have a chance to read the forum in the past week. I will be happy to share my experience. When I received notice that I have won DV2007, I was on an H1B in the US, but I decided to do CP processing to avoid any possible delays in the system here that people have experienced with AOS. Prior to my interview I asked my parents for help with getting the documents I need from Bulgarian authorities (I am a Bulgarian citizen) like court certificate and marrital status certificate, which are specific for each counry. I issued a power of attorney and mailed to parents so they could obtain all necessary documents. In the meantime, I prepared documents for evidence of support like a letter from my employer, paystubs for the past 12 months, bank statements for the past 12 months, copies of my tax return documents, as well as IRS transcripts.

My interview was scheduled for January 11 at 8:30 am at the U.S. Consulate in Sofia. I arrived in Sofia from the US on January 8. My parents had scheduled a medical appointment for me for January 9 (we had checked how long it takes for the results to be ready, the medical exam is in the morning, and you can pick up results in the afternoon). So after I picked up my results, I had one day to rest and prepare mentally for the interview.

On the day of the interview, I arrived at the embassy at 8:25. After going through security, I filled out a DHL waybill (In Sofia, if the interview is successful and you are granted a visa, the embassy keeps your passport and mails it to you within a week with the visa stamp and other documents via DHL). Then I paid the fee and gave my passport to the guy behind the counter and was asked to wait to be called to one of the windows. Both applicants for immigrant and non-immigrant visas all sit in the same waiting room, and the interviews for both run simultaneously. After waiting for about ten minutes, a Bulgarian official called out my name and I walked up to the window. She had in a folder with the forms I had filled out and mailed to KCC as well as a print out of my online entry for the DV lottery and had picked up my passport from the window where I paid the fee. It was surreal to see all those forms with my handwriting in front of her. She asked me for my address, how long I've lived in the US, when I first came to the US, what visas I've had; she wanted to see copies of old visas and old passports, which I had brought with me. Then she asked one by one for all the documents from the 2nd letter and for the approval notice for my H1B visa. She did not ask for any of the other papers I had with me, but it's better to be prepared than not! After she collected all documents, she asked me to wait for my interview with an American official. I waited for him for about half an hour; he called me by name to the window. First he scanned my fingerprints, then asked me what my longest stay in the US has been and what my latest status was. After I said I was with H1B, he responded that that is correct and now I have the DV, so all is set. I wasn't sure if that meant I was approved, but he looked at me and smiled and said everything is in order, and I will receive my immigrant visa in the mail within a week. He asked me if everything I wrote is true, and then I signed, and that was it!! I was out of the embassy by 10:00 am. I received the DHL package with my passport and visa as well as the sealed yellow envelope on January 15.

After months of worrying, at the end it went by quickly and well! Now I am waiting for the actual green card in the mail. I hope it arrives soon...

bahadur007

bahadur007 said:
We had our interview in London. Unfortunately, we didn't get the visa because of two issues.

First, the embassy was supposed to obtain a police certificate from a third country for me through the US embassy there (I obtained the UK police certificate myself; I couldn't for the third country because of procedures specific to that country). Due to some oversight this wasn't done and the process has only started now. This should take approximately 4-8 weeks.

Second, surprise, surpise, I have to go through a name check. This can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Fortunately, the officer told us we can return to the US with the advance parole documents for my pending employment-based I485 and wait there.

We will have to return to the UK to get the visas put in our passports once notified by mail, though we don't have to appear at the embassy since the passports will be picked up by their courier service from any address in the UK mainland. He also told us to send them an e-mail now and again to keep the case alive.

pls can you answer this question for me, why do you have to go to united kingdom for your interview, there i s a portion in the notification package that says you should state if you changed address, why didnt you specify

I just wanted to add that I received my card in the mail today! It is now real! No more waiting and anxiety... I hope everyone in this forum has a similarly smooth experience!

bg_vagabond said:
I just wanted to add that I received my card in the mail today! It is now real! No more waiting and anxiety... I hope everyone in this forum has a similarly smooth experience!
Congrats!!! :)