• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2007 CP only

Anahit,

You mentioned that the post interview for your sister was quite tough, what did you mean by post interview administrative processing?
You mean the paperwork after the inteview? If yes, that has nothing to do with US Embassy. They were done with US Embassy at the end of December. However, it took them 2 months to complete the required process for leaving the country. And, that's very country-specific information. So, there is no reason to generalize it for other countries.

So, in reality, the administrative processing is going to vary from country to country. I think that currently places like in Tehran or Baghdad will probably have the longest AP of the embassies?

Hi everyone here,

I did not get any information about my 2nd package. I emailed to KCC then they replied on 05 March that my interview date is on 27 Feb. I try to call to US embassy but did not yet reply anything.

Could my case is posible to reschedule for interview????

Thank before hand.

DV-2007 AS000037xx
NL Received: 05/24/2006

Can you ask your sister if they got certificate from police or she is referring that MIA certificate as Police certificate, because in Armenian both papers referred as "Չ՛դատվածության թուղթ" :)
I asked her: they did get the certificate from MIA. That's all they needed. :)

Hi everyone here,

I did not get any information about my 2nd package. I emailed to KCC then they replied on 05 March that my interview date is on 27 Feb. I try to call to US embassy but did not yet reply anything.

Could my case is posible to reschedule for interview????

Thank before hand.

DV-2007 AS000037xx
NL Received: 05/24/2006
If you can't contact the US Embassy by phone, you should go there, and request rescheduling your interview.
Good luck!

I asked her: they did get the certificate from MIA. That's all they needed. :)

:) We managed to get from police also but to not confuse everybody else...

I wrote originally by mistake MIA instead of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, not Ministry of Internal Affairs (i.e. Police)
I should have written "MFA"

So let's make as a statement that

for Armenia you don't need certificate from police , you need only from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Արտաքին Գործերի Նախարարություն, Министерство Иностранных Дел)

BTW, it takes time to get it, usually 2 weeks.
Am I right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
:) We managed to get from police also but to not confuse everybody else...

I wrote originally by mistake MIA instead of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, not Ministry of Internal Affairs (i.e. Police)
I should have written "MFA"

So let's make as a statement that

for Armenia you don't need certificate from police , you need only from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Արտաքին Գործերի Նախարարություն, Министерство Иностранных Дел)

BTW, it takes time to get it, usually 2 weeks.
Am I right now?

Of course MFA... What was I thinking?

poe

Hi all
I am a DV2007 winner.
Anyone please tell me how long does it take to complete the procedures at the POE ? I am landing at JFK , NY

Hi all
I am a DV2007 winner.
Anyone please tell me how long does it take to complete the procedures at the POE ? I am landing at JFK , NY
Congratulations!!! :)
It depends on a lot of things. I don't have any experience with JFK, NY, however, if it's just you (and no other family members), it would most likely take up to an hour.

JFK Experience

Hi,
My JFK experience was ok. The problem I fear is with my change of address. I told the border officer i was changning it and he typed something in his computer. Then i was fingerprinted in the immigration office. I told the officer there about my change of address and he said the border officer sholud have changed it. It seamed pretty strange to me. I asked him again but was no use of it. I also asked him about my ssn and asked him weather i needed to go to apply to the local office or it will come to me automatically by mail because i requested for it in my dv application.
Quite strange the way he answered, like he did not know anything about it. And maybe he didn't.
Anyone had an experience changing the address at the POE ?
Please help, i am afraid they can cause problems when mailing the green card

Hi,
My JFK experience was ok. The problem I fear is with my change of address. I told the border officer i was changning it and he typed something in his computer. Then i was fingerprinted in the immigration office. I told the officer there about my change of address and he said the border officer sholud have changed it. It seamed pretty strange to me. I asked him again but was no use of it. I also asked him about my ssn and asked him weather i needed to go to apply to the local office or it will come to me automatically by mail because i requested for it in my dv application.
Quite strange the way he answered, like he did not know anything about it. And maybe he didn't.
Anyone had an experience changing the address at the POE ?
Please help, i am afraid they can cause problems when mailing the green card
Well, if you gave them the new address, and they entered it in to the computer, you should be OK.
It took my sister's family 2 weeks after arriving here to get their green cards and the ss cards.
About the ss card: if you don't get it in 3 weeks, then you can go to the ss office, and apply for it. They won't accept your application before that.

Well, if you gave them the new address, and they entered it in to the computer, you should be OK.
You should also call 1-800 number for USCIS, and get your address updated there as well. You should also make sure that your name appears on the mail box at both the old and the new addresses, otherwise your GC may be sent back to USCIS.

But can i really try to call USCIS without havig the green card yet. Its not that i have it and now i am trying to change the address.
DO you have any link where thay ask you to do that ?
I checked the USCIS site but didnt find anything there

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear LucyMO and Anahit,

I hope you two remember about my brother's case. Well, the Consul's answer was set to "no" and even though my brother is eligible to obtain a high school diploma now - according to Consul's response that needed to be done prior to enter DV lottery program.

I couldn't post any updates earlier here because I was very depressed and frustrated...

I thank you two for all your advices and support .

-Anna

Dear LucyMO and Anahit,

I hope you two remember about my brother's case. Well, the Consul's answer was set to "no" and even though my brother is eligible to obtain a high school diploma now - according to Consul's response that needed to be done prior to enter DV lottery program.

I couldn't post any updates earlier here because I was very depressed and frustrated...

I thank you two for all your advices and support .

-Anna

I am really sorry to hear that...
Has your brother obtained his diploma yet?

So, he went to the interview without it?

- His 1st inteview was scheduled for Jan 07 and if you remember, they advised him to not make an interview payment because he will not qualify for DV program since he doesn't have a HS diploma.
-Then he asked for a 2nd interview knowing that he can now obtain the HS diploma but Consular didn't take into consideration this possibility explaining that the HS diploma must be obtained before entering a DV lottery program.

- His 1st inteview was scheduled for Jan 07 and if you remember, they advised him to not make an interview payment because he will not qualify for DV program since he doesn't have a HS diploma.
-Then he asked for a 2nd interview knowing that he can now obtain the HS diploma but Consular didn't take into consideration this possibility explaining that the HS diploma must be obtained before entering a DV lottery program.

I do remember. I just thought he was interviewed recently, and did not get the visa because of not having his HS diploma before entering the DV program.
Well, at least he tried w/o paying the fees. :)
Let him get his diploma, and enter into future drawings. Who knows... He might win again... ;)
Good luck!