• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I got selected with a CN of OC41XX, haven't filled in the DS260 yet, still hesitant to do it since I don't seem to have a chance, any ideas?

In my estimation you won't get a chance, your number won't become current. There were too many selectees in DV2023, and the government increased OC selectees by 77%. That's nuts.

In January we will see the CEAC data for DV2024. At that time you will be able to see the full range of case numbers, and you will know exactly where your case lies within the range. Personally, I would wait until then. The late filing of the DS260 in your case won't make any difference, and processing will be fast after January/February.

Hey! I got my second letter and I have the date of the appointment. It's on November. On the DV lottery website it says that my DS-260 has been forwarded to the embassy, but the embassy says they haven't received my DS260 yet. I asked for a few details on the documents they needed, but they said they will send me an email as soon as they get my DS-260. It's been a few weeks now and no email. Should I be concerned?

Hey! I got my second letter and I have the date of the appointment. It's on November. On the DV lottery website it says that my DS-260 has been forwarded to the embassy, but the embassy says they haven't received my DS260 yet. I asked for a few details on the documents they needed, but they said they will send me an email as soon as they get my DS-260. It's been a few weeks now and no email. Should I be concerned?

No need to be concerned, just focus in reading the instructions

Hi,

My partner "won" the lottery with case no. 2024EU00021xxx. Based on prior data, it looks like it's not too far off from the usual cutoff so it seems like there is a definite chance for us to be given visas.
We want to go together but we only have the "cohabitation agreement" in our country that is recognized as equivalent to marriage here, but not recognized as such in the USA. We have decided to finally get married, but the earliest we could do it is by late November or early December. My partner didn't submit the DS260 yet because the advice was to do it only after marriage.

Do you think submitting by December is still okay for the case number above or is that problematic? If it's problematic, what should be the best route here?

EDIT: It's worth noting that there's a US embassy in the country we're in and there are currently less than 100 selectees in the country. Just putting it out there in case it's relevant to understanding interview dates.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Hi,

My partner "won" the lottery with case no. 2024EU00021xxx. Based on prior data, it looks like it's not too far off from the usual cutoff so it seems like there is a definite chance for us to be given visas.
We want to go together but we only have the "cohabitation agreement" in our country that is recognized as equivalent to marriage here, but not recognized as such in the USA. We have decided to finally get married, but the earliest we could do it is by late November or early December. My partner didn't submit the DS260 yet because the advice was to do it only after marriage.

Do you think submitting by December is still okay for the case number above or is that problematic? If it's problematic, what should be the best route here?

EDIT: It's worth noting that there's a US embassy in the country we're in and there are currently less than 100 selectees in the country. Just putting it out there in case it's relevant to understanding interview dates.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Submitting the DS260 forms in December is not too late.

Hey guys, had my interview and my visa was approved! I guess I just have to wait for my passport and other documents back, but I'm really happy!! Thank you for the help.

Hey guys, had my interview and my visa was approved! I guess I just have to wait for my passport and other documents back, but I'm really happy!! Thank you for the help.
Congratulations on completing the interview.

Now at this point (without trying to be a Debbie downer), the only time you’ll know for certain you’re approved is when you get back your passport with the visa stamp on it (since it is currently not possible to confirm the approval on CEAC). So I would caution on waiting until you get your passport before making travel arrangements or telling folks you’ve been approved.

Congratulations on completing the interview.

Now at this point (without trying to be a Debbie downer), the only time you’ll know for certain you’re approved is when you get back your passport with the visa stamp on it (since it is currently not possible to confirm the approval on CEAC). So I would caution on waiting until you get your passport before making travel arrangements or telling folks you’ve been approved.
Thank you! I thought it was fully approved since he said "Just wait 1 to 2 weeks to get your passport back." Doesn't it take longer for security clearance and such? They didn't ask for any more documents either.

Thank you! I thought it was fully approved since he said "Just wait 1 to 2 weeks to get your passport back." Doesn't it take longer for security clearance and such? They didn't ask for any more documents either.
Unfortunately, you’re not “fully approved” right at the end of the interview. There’s some additional background checks that gets carried out after the interview. The background check clearance at that point varies from case to case. For some folks, that clearance happens within a couple of hours upon initiation, while it could take several weeks to months for some. And it doesn’t necessarily have to do with whether some additional documents were required to be submitted or not.

Hello Sm1mom,

I got my visa for Dv-25 from Montreal Canada, my questions are below:

1- is it okay if I enter the US to activate the visa and come back to Canada right after?

2- I plan to stay with my current job as under contract for 1 year in Canada, however, I will go back to the US every 3 months and stay there for 4 days on each trip. Is that okay?