• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Thanks Xarthisius and Meg!

Meg - so you're on E3, and you don't want to apply for DS260, right?

Brit's video on large case numbers is a great explainer for the anxiety related to high case numbers, and why the selected CN can vary significantly. There may be higher % of holes and a lot more entries without passports that are disqualified.

Data is here for those interested:
[1] Historical Data, Brit Simon: britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/
[2] CEAC Data, Xarthisius: dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY22.html
[3] Large Case numbers, Brit Simon: youtu.be/ZQaG26L7-CE

I'm just getting acquainted to the data and interpretations. Apologies for any misquotes.

Do we know as yet the total number of DV visas that would be allocated in OC in FY2024? :rolleyes:
Hey,

Yes my husband is currently on E3. We've been here for 7 years now.

We are likely going the AOS route so are in no hurry to submit DS-260 and actually it's not necessary to submit for AOS anyhow. However still keeping tabs on the CP process incase something comes up and we change our minds. I'm hesitant to submit the DS-260 in case our case number isn't called. Looking at past visa bulletins, I believe it's only been twice that our CN hasn't been called (we are OC16xx) BUT you never know what's going to happen next year.

I'm interested in finding out what the highest OC case number is for FY2024.

I believe it is 55,000 DV's every year that are allocated for the lottery.

Hello,
I got selected for DV-2024. But now I am in doubt... How to know if I correctly put my spouse information? I don't see her name anywhere, neither on selectee letter nor on application confirmation. Should it appear somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,
I got selected for DV-2024. But now I am in doubt... How to know if I correctly put my spouse information? I don't see her name anywhere, neither on selectee letter nor on application confirmation. Should it appear somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
When you login to CEAC to file your DS-260, all the derivatives mentioned in eDV should be have their own DS-260 waiting for them.

Hello, in the ds-260 work experience part. If I had 2 roles in my previous company like (1) Analyst and then (2) Senior Analyst. Do I need to write them separately or should I combine them and write the latest title?

Hi, Can we change the posting address of the green cards, which we filled in the DS-260 after we faced our interviews?
Let's say we would like to update that address to someplace else, but we would not have that address soon, before the deadline for the DS-260 submission, can we change it once we face the interview, by writing to the embassy?

Hi, Can we change the posting address of the green cards, which we filled in the DS-260 after we faced our interviews?
Let's say we would like to update that address to someplace else, but we would not have that address soon, before the deadline for the DS-260 submission, can we change it once we face the interview, by writing to the embassy?
You can update the address in person when you go in for your interview (not by writing to the embassy)

Hello, in the ds-260 work experience part. If I had 2 roles in my previous company like (1) Analyst and then (2) Senior Analyst. Do I need to write them separately or should I combine them and write the latest title?
Analyst and Senior Analyst is technically speaking same role, one is just at a senior level.

When you login to CEAC to file your DS-260, all the derivatives mentioned in eDV should be have their own DS-260 waiting for them.
Ok I did that yesterday and my wife is indeed listed!!! I am so relieved. My lawyer is a clown, I am going to manage things by myself.
Thanks for the tip!

I believe DV2024 people need to be aware of the risks for late scheduling this year, so please take a few minutes to read this:

Hi mam am DV 2024 winner AF51xxx and since am the applicant and I have a spouse and tow child the problem that my spouse still in active duty in the air forces and she won't be set free from duty till 31 Dec 2024 and since when ever my case number is currently in Africa I don't know how to do to bring her also with us to the interview cause they won't let her have her passport neither her papers to participate with us in the process.

Hi mam am DV 2024 winner AF51xxx and since am the applicant and I have a spouse and tow child the problem that my spouse still in active duty in the air forces and she won't be set free from duty till 31 Dec 2024 and since when ever my case number is currently in Africa I don't know how to do to bring her also with us to the interview cause they won't let her have her passport neither her papers to participate with us in the process.
Your spouse will need both her passport and military papers to be presented at the interview in order to get issued with a visa as your derivative, there’s no way around it that I know of.

Which country is this by the way? Maybe there may be someone else here who has gone through the same situation, or knows someone who has, and they may have an idea on what to do.

Hello, quick question. If I apply for Fafsa when I entere the US with my diversity visa. Would that be violationg th agreement of not being a public charge since I'm using grants from the government?

Hello,
I am a DV2024 selectee (2024AF17XXX) but Hep B+. Will I be refused visa on medical grounds?
Thanks
You shouldn't be refused on that alone as Hep B does not fall under one of the grounds of medical inadmissibility. You however need to disclose this (and the medical treatment you're taking) to the Panel Physician at the time of your interview since individuals with Hepatitis B are not required to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine.

Hello, quick question. If I apply for Fafsa when I entere the US with my diversity visa. Would that be violationg th agreement of not being a public charge since I'm using grants from the government?
You’ll be a LPR at that point and will subsequently be eligible to apply for FAFSA. Applying for FAFSA therefore will not constitute being a public charge.

You shouldn't be refused on that alone as Hep B does not fall under one of the grounds of medical inadmissibility. You however need to disclose this (and the medical treatment you're taking) to the Panel Physician at the time of your interview since individuals with Hepatitis B are not required to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine.
Thank you

If my case number is already current , AF81**, and I hadn’t added in the sponsor address and the passport number, should I request for the DS260 to be unlocked so that I can add in that information? Would it lead to a delay? My interview is scheduled for November 17th

I got selected with a CN of OC41XX, haven't filled in the DS260 yet, still hesitant to do it since I don't seem to have a chance, any ideas?