• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

And astirlo..we have chat a lil bit..and I assume you know me by now..have given you advice and even told you i will find some answers about some of your challenges for you through brit simon right? On our conversation did I for once sound like I want to hide something?. .I told you what I will do and what I will not do...I told you I will fill the ds260 with the original documents I have right.. you even told me am good..tell the forum how you felt about me if am someone who are desperate or will to do what is against the law? Am really disappointed. .

And astirlo..we have chat a lil bit..and I assume you know me by now..have given you advice and even told you i will find some answers about some of your challenges for you through brit simon right? On our conversation did I for once sound like I want to hide something?. .I told you what I will do and what I will not do...I told you I will fill the ds260 with the original documents I have right.. you even told me am good..tell the forum how you felt about me if am someone who are desperate or will to do what is against the law? Am really disappointed. .
Oooooooh... Please forgive me if I've implied anything wrongly. In fact I wouldn't have commented if I had known that she was attacking you. I don't know whether you'll believe me,honestly I took Tony's comment as a general commentary. I didn't read into it as you've been able to. I'll just have to be careful when responding to posts. Again my sincere apologies. Arena! Please...

Hmmmmmmm ... It's about my long essay. I had a problem with my supervisor, coupled with some other personal challenges.
I completed though but without the Long essay I can't be awarded the degree... still pending.

I think Mom and the rest can advice on that

@
With my careful analysis of the previous year's threads, a particular question was repeatedly asked e.i ' what's your highest level of education?'
In my situation, I wonder what response might be appropriate. Thus, I completed university but with no certificate because I had issue with one of my papers.
The perplexity emanate from the fact that in the initial registration form i chose degree since my understanding of the DV lottery process was very minimal at the time, whilst I should have indicated SSSCE instead. Or even so some university courses.
Now, when asked what answer should I provide? As I've mentioned above, at the time of doing the entry, my thoughts were that since I've been to university, that level must be my highest attainment of education.
@Astirlo, having your Wassce certificate ideally should have been enough but as you know, the consulates at the US embassy here normally asks questions all certificates thereby making it very important to submit all certificates. So in your peculiar case, I suggest you chose HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE.
in either of these cases, you can chose to present only your wassce certificate as your highest level of education or go there with some documents which shows that at least you have been to the university and give explanation to why there is no cert if asked.

Should it be me, I would go in for the first option since it would be the most appropriate for me.

This is just my opinion.

:D
@

@Astirlo, having your Wassce certificate ideally should have been enough but as you know, the consulates at the US embassy here normally asks questions all certificates thereby making it very important to submit all certificates. So in your peculiar case, I suggest you chose HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE.
in either of these cases, you can chose to present only your wassce certificate as your highest level of education or go there with some documents which shows that at least you have been to the university and give explanation to why there is no cert if asked.

Should it be me, I would go in for the first option since it would be the most appropriate for me.

This is just my opinion.
Thanks @Sammyblankson... I got your right.
In fact I've prepared all documents to present in that regard that's, the transcript and the SSS certificate since I've indicated later earlier on the edv. My worry is not sure on what response to give in case when asked. :D

hi guys..just want to have your views on this One too ...:...
When in High School ,I wasnt allowed to write one of the core subjects due to late entry into the exam hall so i resat for Nov/Dec the ff year.I just went for the certificate for the Nov/Dec just recently cos i was using the result slip they sent to me all this while.
On the cert i just realised waec has made an error with my date of birth
Eg.instead of 12/09/78 they made it 13/09/78.
I went Bäck to notify them but they said its too late to make any corrections... so i shld swear an affidavit from the high court.My point is ..is Affidavit regarded by the U S Consulate?By the way..I have a diploma from the Polytechnic and also doing a program with one of the Universities ..please whats your views members.

hi guys..just want to have your views on this One too ...:...
When in High School ,I wasnt allowed to write one of the core subjects due to late entry into the exam hall so i resat for Nov/Dec the ff year.I just went for the certificate for the Nov/Dec just recently cos i was using the result slip they sent to me all this while.
On the cert i just realised waec has made an error with my date of birth
Eg.instead of 12/09/78 they made it 13/09/78.
I went Bäck to notify them but they said its too late to make any corrections... so i shld swear an affidavit from the high court.My point is ..is Affidavit regarded by the U S Consulate?By the way..I have a diploma from the Polytechnic and also doing a program with one of the Universities ..please whats your views members.
In my opinion, if the school certificate's date of birth is consistent with all other documents genuinely, the least you can do here is to explain this to the COs. I'm afraid they hardly cast a glance at affidavit especially from due to the reputation we've earned ....just ensure the rest of your documents are genuine. Don't worry:D

Hmmmmmmm ... It's about my long essay. I had a problem with my supervisor, coupled with some other personal challenges.
I completed though but without the Long essay I can't be awarded the degree... still pending.

Didn't we have this discussion before? You have not completed university. Whatever the reasons might be, you have not met the requirements for completion so the correct answer is "some university courses".

@

This is just my opinion.

"High school diploma" is what you want if you want to indicate you have completed high school.

[QankUOTE="SusieQQQ, post: 2439165, member: 47"]Didn't we have this discussion before? You have not completed university. Whatever the reasons might be, you have not met the requirements for completion so the correct answer is "some university courses".[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for your help. Yes truly I've had this discussion before. I was looking for the kind of answer to give to the COs. :D

Didn't we have this discussion before? You have not completed university. Whatever the reasons might be, you have not met the requirements for completion so the correct answer is "some university courses".

Thank you very much. I'm very grateful for your help.

[QankUOTE="SusieQQQ, post: 2439165, member: 47"]Didn't we have this discussion before? You have not completed university. Whatever the reasons might be, you have not met the requirements for completion so the correct answer is "some university courses".
Thank you very much for your help. Yes truly I've had this discussion before. I was looking for the kind of answer to give to the COs. :D

You are required to always truthfully respond to the CO when questioned. We can't give you a made up response.

Thank you very much @Sm1smom. Honestly, I had no such intention of soliciting for made up answer. I simply did not know how to respond to that particular question and I stated all the facts as far as I understood it for a help as that offered by SusieQQQ. In fact I thought this is the only place that I can be helped and as such be appropriate for me to know now than to and fumble big time:D

You are required to always truthfully respond to the CO when questioned. We can't give you a made up response.
"High school diploma" is what you want if you want to indicate you have completed high school.

@Astirilo I believe you will definitely be asked. it will be in your best interest to note on ds260 that you have only some university courses. I don't think this will be a major problem. Then you can add your transcript to your documentation. This will be better than looking stupid in front of a Co when he asks you... "oh so my friend you indicated you have a bachelors degree. Can i see it please?"
Its always easier telling the truth imo

@Astirilo I believe you will definitely be asked. it will be in your best interest to note on ds260 that you have only some university courses. I don't think this will be a major problem. Then you can add your transcript to your documentation. This will be better than looking stupid in front of a Co when he asks you... "oh so my friend you indicated you have a bachelors degree. Can i see it please?"
Its always easier telling the truth imo
Thank you very much. You've been missing in action. I've done just as you've suggested. And have the transcript handy. Thanks again @Lucid. I believe this is the last bit of my preparation.

[QUOJOJO
checked my status on 3rd May, completed the DS 260 form on 12 may 2016 my case number is 2017AF46** when should i expect my 2nl pls

You're welcome my Boss. I'm quite sure you're in for early interview. I stand to be corrected though, you're gonna be expecting your 2nl next two weeks onwards.