NIW approved, now what?

Ben E.

Registered Users (C)
Hi All;

I just got the news that my NIW was approved at VSC. Now, what is the procedure to get the green card (e.g., what forms to send,…)? Thanks for any info.

Ben E.

AOS or CP

If your case was approved for AOS-then file I-485
If it was approved for Consular Processing (CP), then you wait for the P3 from NVC (National visa Center) and then act appropriately.

If you didn\'t mentione CP in your I-140 petition, then most probably your case is approved for AOS (adjustment of status).

There are individual forums for CP and AOS on this site- You will find wealth of info from those discussions.

good luck!

Could you post your detailed info?

Hi Ben E.,

Congratulations. Could you post some information about your petiton date, ND, and AD?
I am still waiting for my NIW I-140 approval, mine is EAC 020-475****.

Good luck on next stage.

RD, ND etc

Hi Feng Zhu
Could you post your RD, ND details as I have just sent my application to VSC. If possible could you post your qualifications also. Thank you for the help and good luck.

GOT RFE ON MY 1-140 NIW CASE

I am in dilemma what to do for my NIW case. I am currently working in civil engineering firm in WA. I have MS in structure specializing in Seismic analysis and design of highway bridges and other transportation structure. I need to answer the following 4 main quesions. I applied my self. I had one paper in Seimic analysis and design. I am a professional engineer licensed in WA.

1. Provide evidence that the benefits of the applicant’s proposed employment will be national in scope and benefit more than a particular region of the country. Moreover, there is little or no adverse impact on the interests of other regions of the country.
2. Provide evidence of employment in an area of substantial intrinsic merit and important to the national interests of the United States. Additionally, the benefits of the employment should be immediately apparent to the interests of the United States
3. Provide evidence related to the applicant’s ability to perform duties of the proposed employment position and a showing significantly above the necessary to prove the ‘prospective national benefit’ required of all applicants seeking to qualify as ‘exceptional’, meaning ‘ a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts or business.”

4. Provide evidence demonstrating that the national interest would be adversely affected if a labor certification were required. It would be contrary to the national interest to potentially deprive the prospective employer of the applicant’s services by making available to U.S. workers the position sought.

Please advise me to answer these questions. I will really appreciate.

Thank you.

reference letters

How many reference letters did you send. Did you get MS here and how much was your work experience. Do you work on govt contracts.

No Title

Does anybody know the fax# for status inquiring in TSC? I got a number(214-767-7409) online from the TSC webpage, but I never got through using it. Help please! Thanks a lot!