• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hello guys, please there is a liltle problem im encountering....ALL my documents bare my right name for instance OWUSU BISMARK KOFI, Except my wassce certificate which hold Owusu Kofi Bismark...pls is the consular section going to recognize this as fraudulent in the Accra embassy...I am a lilttle confused...

Hello guys, please there is a liltle problem im encountering....ALL my documents bare my right name for instance OWUSU BISMARK KOFI, Except my wassce certificate which hold Owusu Kofi Bismark...pls is the consular section going to recognize this as fraudulent in the Accra embassy...I am a lilttle confused...
Have already filled ur ds-260 or u are now about to?

yes boss I have
From what I have read so far from this forum people with inconsistency in their name's and date of birth have been denied because of fraud. But the co is the one who has to determine if ur qualify or not so at the end of the day the ball is in your court

From what I have read so far from this forum people with inconsistency in their name's and date of birth have been denied because of fraud. But the co is the one who has to determine if ur qualify or not so at the end of the day the ball is in your court
In any case all u have to do is prove the certificate in question is really yours

School certificate is not an official identification so doesn't matter, from what i read from previous year forum it would have been a problem if your passport and birth certificate are different from each, i stand to be corrected by the moderator. but to me that is what i think.

School certificate is not an official identification so doesn't matter, from what i read from previous year forum it would have been a problem if your passport and birth certificate are different from each, i stand to be corrected by the moderator. but to me that is what i think.

The issue with school certificates in Ghana is the very common occurence of names not matching other documents (birth cert/Passport). So - whilst you are correct that the school cert is not the document that establishes identification, @Bastian is correct that the risk is that the CO will doubt the educational certificate belongs to the selectee. In that case, proof that the selectee is the "owner" of the certificate is vauable. This proof could be a sworn letter from the school, or a WAEC official, it could also be backed up by other proof such as school records, photos and so on.

The issue with school certificates in Ghana is the very common occurence of names not matching other documents (birth cert/Passport). So - whilst you are correct that the school cert is not the document that establishes identification, @Bastian is correct that the risk is that the CO will doubt the educational certificate belongs to the selectee. In that case, proof that the selectee is the "owner" of the certificate is vauable. This proof could be a sworn letter from the school, or a WAEC official, it could also be backed up by other proof such as school records, photos and so on.
Thanks very much Mr. Simon....please does E8 in Mathematics calls for a denial in Ghana...

Hello, I am Cashes and DV2017 winner. My case is current and i am expecting 2nL this month. I have a question that i would like ideas on how to go by them.
1. I applied as a married couple on the eDV, as my wife and i were married in August,2015 before the submission of the eDV. We did the traditional marriage and did the court marriage in August,2015. I have photos of me and my wife when we were dating, photos of our marriage at the court and now photos of us now living together. But the problem now is my wife as the derivative did not fill her DS260. I had indicated on my ds260 that she will not be traveling with me but will join me later, hoping that if she fills her DS260 and we go for the interview, i will travel alone and she will come later. We took this decision because her mum was very sick and she has to take care of her. But worry now is that her mum is not getting better and she is refusing to fill her DS260 because she said cannot leave the mum here alone. And do not want to waste the visa for now.
I guess I have to go to the interview alone, but i plan to go there with all the documents and also with all the pictures too. My good friends I need your advise on how to go on with this and my chances? Thank you. All my documents are correct on the eDV and DS260 and I have genuine documents and photos to prove any certificate that i hold.

Hello, I am Cashes and DV2017 winner. My case is current and i am expecting 2nL this month. I have a question that i would like ideas on how to go by them.
1. I applied as a married couple on the eDV, as my wife and i were married in August,2015 before the submission of the eDV. We did the traditional marriage and did the court marriage in August,2015. I have photos of me and my wife when we were dating, photos of our marriage at the court and now photos of us now living together. But the problem now is my wife as the derivative did not fill her DS260. I had indicated on my ds260 that she will not be traveling with me but will join me later, hoping that if she fills her DS260 and we go for the interview, i will travel alone and she will come later. We took this decision because her mum was very sick and she has to take care of her. But worry now is that her mum is not getting better and she is refusing to fill her DS260 because she said cannot leave the mum here alone. And do not want to waste the visa for now.
I guess I have to go to the interview alone, but i plan to go there with all the documents and also with all the pictures too. My good friends I need your advise on how to go on with this and my chances? Thank you. All my documents are correct on the eDV and DS260 and I have genuine documents and photos to prove any certificate that i hold.

I'd advice that you still fill the part for your wife. And there's nothing wrong with she not going now. If you don't fill it, you'll be denied. I stand to be corrected though.

I'd advice that you still fill the part for your wife. And there's nothing wrong with she not going now. If you don't fill it, you'll be denied. I stand to be corrected though.

The DS260 only needs to be filled in for derivatives who want visas so Tony is incorrect. Cashes as I understand has filled in on his DS260 that he has a wife who will follow later, which is fine.

Cashes, you are correct to bring evidence to prove a real relationship because it will maybe look suspicious a little that your wife is not coming, although it is also not that unusual for a husband to go first and find a job and place to live before the wife joins. It is understandable that your wife would not want to leave a sick parent. Take all your evidence and be honest in your answers to the CO.

please lets edits our signature by going to the "Forum Actions" at the top of the page and clicking on the drop-down arrow beside it. Select "Edit Profile" and to the left you should see My Settings, from there click on "Edit Signature" thanx