• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

When you read the 2014 forum you'll notice about 99% of the forum members made it successfully....
I pray God see us through....

2014 was the last year with paper based forms. When they moved to DS260 online, they were much more able to use the data to detect fraud, so the visas issued in Ghana for 2015 was about 35% of the number that were issued in 2014.

2014 was the last year with paper based forms. When they moved to DS260 online, they were much more able to use the data to detect fraud, so the visas issued in Ghana for 2015 was about 35% of the number that were issued in 2014.
Thank you very much Mr simon for the clarification...

The DS260 only needs to be filled in for derivatives who want visas so Tony is incorrect. Cashes as I understand has filled in on his DS260 that he has a wife who will follow later, which is fine.

Cashes, you are correct to bring evidence to prove a real relationship because it will maybe look suspicious a little that your wife is not coming, although it is also not that unusual for a husband to go first and find a job and place to live before the wife joins. It is understandable that your wife would not want to leave a sick parent. Take all your evidence and be honest in your answers to the CO.
Thank you Susie and the rest of the guys here. I appreciate that very much.

I want to know whether u would be denied a visa..if names mismatches...for e.g
On ma wassce cert..i have:
Aaa kkk Nnnn
On ma birth cert I have and other document it is:
Kkk Nnn Aaa
I went to ma school to collect ma testimonial to prevent any suspicions..it also written as:
Kkk Nnn Aaa as it written on other documents..

Is there going to be any suspicions???

Please guys help me out...
I have Gideon Mensah on all my documents
(wassce certs., testimonial and birth certs)
but my dv lottery entry name is
Gideon kofi Mensah.. Can I be denied visa if I don't
I don't add affidavit of change of name???
please guys help me out...

Aaa kkk Nnnn
Kkk Nnn Aaa
I went to ma school to collect ma testimonial to prevent any suspicions..it also written as:

Note that on the wassce certificates, the usual format is Surname first, followed by other names. And there's no comma. I believe this is the norm for waec, shouldn't cause any problems.

If you have any documents having kofi..you should provide it..someone was having the same issue he took several documents containing the kofi and he was approved. Documents like bank details etc..

Aaa kkk Nnnn
Kkk Nnn Aaa

I think the consulate is aware that waec writes last name(surname) before first name on the certificate.I'm also in the same soup.I think we will be fine....

I have a question guys, if you fill the initial entry with some university courses, and later fill the DS260 with high school level , will that be a problem ?

I have a question guys, if you fill the initial entry with some university courses, and later fill the DS260 with high school level , will that be a problem ?

You only need high school to qualify so technically no, however the CO may question you as to why there is a discrepancy between your forms.

I just dont understand how document are being processed in ghana here..for example:
Birth cert..are normally document in the pecking order of first name first and surname last.
Wassce cert also as surname first and first name last..
The same applies to passport..as surname first and first name last..
This normally brings about problems to those who have triple names..cos one document is being arranged as surname first...and other document tooo as first name first...

I just dont understand why...
They are the same people too who will end up saying applicant engages in fraudulent activities...

Am out!!

hello guys, I hope we are all faring well by God's grace...
Please Mr. Brit simon blog says the 2nl for October is finally in..

Secondly this forum is very bored...pls let's be a bit active here
Thank you