• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

For question 38: I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in part 2. The statement I spoke to with my sponsor was: I intend to provide whatever financial support is needed for as long as needed". Upon hearing this he sort of freaked out because of the "as long as needed" part. What are the implications of this and is there another statement one can put down that's not as extreme?

You can let your sponsor know that the I-134 is actually not enforceable (proven by numerous court cases) unlike the I864 used for a Family sponsored AOS petition for instance, so your sponsor can breathe easy!

However if it makes him feel better, he may write something like 'I intend to provide whatever assistance may be required until xxxxx is able to support him/herself' - your sponsor can word this however they wish, the most important thing is not to indicate a specific time limit on the form. If they're not comfortable doing that, then you need to find yourself a new sponsor.

For question 38: I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in part 2. The statement I spoke to with my sponsor was: I intend to provide whatever financial support is needed for as long as needed". Upon hearing this he sort of freaked out because of the "as long as needed" part. What are the implications of this and is there another statement one can put down that's not as extreme?

There are no implications, the i134 is not legally binding.

Hi, I wanted to start by saying thanks to all the contributors on this forum. The spreadsheet is very useful and helped identify some gaps in our AOS package.

I’m hoping there are experts on this forum regarding switching from A-2 to a Green Card. My wife and I have been in the States for almost a decade on a variety of visa types. Our number is current in April (2017OC0000008XX).

Our 260 forms were completed in December. We have just completed our medicals and have paid the $330 DV Processing fee (no receipt yet). We just got an email from the KCC saying “Attached is the Adjustment Letter”. There was a form to pay the DV processing fee and a personalized letter referencing our case number that started with a “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status…”. It then tells me “If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person…”

My questions are:

Should I have received anything else from the KCC or USCIS to date?

Is it all systems go and I can submit the AOS package as soon as its ready?

Are there any other A-2 to Green Card resources I should review? It’s definitely a more complicated move (I-508, I-566, I-131, I-765 etc.).

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to start by saying thanks to all the contributors on this forum. The spreadsheet is very useful and helped identify some gaps in our AOS package.

I’m hoping there are experts on this forum regarding switching from A-2 to a Green Card. My wife and I have been in the States for almost a decade on a variety of visa types. Our number is current in April (2017OC0000008XX).

Our 260 forms were completed in December. We have just completed our medicals and have paid the 485 processing fee (no receipt yet). We just got an email from the KCC saying “Attached is the Adjustment Letter”. There was a form to pay the 485 processing fee and a personalized letter referencing our case number that started with a “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status…”. It then tells me “If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person…”

My questions are:

Are there any other A-2 to Green Card resources I should review? It’s definitely a more complicated move (I-508, I-566, I-131, I-765 etc.).

Thank you!
What do you mean by 485 processing fee? Do you mean the $330 DV Processing fee? You can't pay the I-485 filing fee ($1,225/applicant) without actually sending your AOS package.

What do you mean by 485 processing fee? Do you mean the $330 DV Processing fee? You can't pay the I-485 filing fee ($1,225/applicant) without actually sending your AOS package.

Sorry, I meant that I have paid the $330 DV Processing fee. I've edited my original post.

Sorry, I meant that I have paid the $330 DV Processing fee. I've edited my original post.
Ah ok. KCC will send you a receipt of your payment (basically the same piece of paper you sent them, with a PAID stamp on it) and you'll be good to go. You will not hear from USCIS until after you send your AOS package.

Our 260 forms were completed in December. We have just completed our medicals and have paid the $330 DV Processing fee (no receipt yet). We just got an email from the KCC saying “Attached is the Adjustment Letter”. There was a form to pay the DV processing fee and a personalized letter referencing our case number that started with a “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status…”. It then tells me “If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person…”

My questions are:

Thank you!

I'm not quite sure we've had a DV based AOS petition from A-2 visa. However, your process isn't any different from that of a G visa holder filing an AOS petition and that, we've had a noticeable number of in this forum. The only additional forms you're required to submit with your AOS petition are forms I-566 and I-508. Everything else is the same as it is for other visa categories.

The AOS process spreadsheet you already referenced will guide you through the process.

Hi: I am current in May, and should have all documents ready in 2/3 weeks. Because of 7% limit for every country (Poland), I am wondering if I should submit my documents early with minimum documents, or should I wait until I have them all? I started panicking that there will be not enough visas for my country. Is there anyway to find out if I am safe with filing on May 1?

Thank you!

So I called the KCC last week and they said that my FO had requested my file from them, but they also said that sending them the file will take several weeks (not clear why it would take that long, but anyway...). Should I assume that once the FO gets my file, they will work on scheduling an interview?

Hi: I am current in May, and should have all documents ready in 2/3 weeks. Because of 7% limit for every country (Poland), I am wondering if I should submit my documents early with minimum documents, or should I wait until I have them all? I started panicking that there will be not enough visas for my country. Is there anyway to find out if I am safe with filing on May 1?

Thank you!

If you shed more light on which documents are potentially holding you up from submitting your petition, we may be able to provide better guidance on wether it is okay or not, and to submit the package as is.

So I called the KCC last week and they said that my FO had requested my file from them, but they also said that sending them the file will take several weeks (not clear why it would take that long, but anyway...). Should I assume that once the FO gets my file, they will work on scheduling an interview?

Maybe, and maybe not. Some FOs have gone ahead and scheduled interviews prior to the KCC file receipt, and some have been known to wait a while following the KCC file receipt before finally scheduling the interview.

which FO?

Thank you!

There are visas for everyone this year, as indicated by all regions being current. It is extremely rare that countries ever hit the 7% limit and Poland is nowhere near that this year as I recall from the # selected.

I'm not quite sure we've had a DV based AOS petition from A-2 visa. However, your process isn't any different from that of a G visa holder filing an AOS petition and that, we've had a noticeable number of in this forum. The only additional forms you're required to submit with your AOS petition are forms I-566 and I-508. Everything else is the same as it is for other visa categories.

The AOS process spreadsheet you already referenced will guide you through the process.

Thank you, Sm1smom.

Submit IN DUPLICATE evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details

regarding the account:
1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C.
If self-employed:
(1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or
(2) Report of commercial rating concern.
D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

What does IN DUPLICATE mean? 2 of the follow A-D or two copies of ALL A-D?

Thanks!

Submit IN DUPLICATE evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details

regarding the account:
1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.

B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C.
If self-employed:
(1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or
(2) Report of commercial rating concern.
D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

What does IN DUPLICATE mean? 2 of the follow A-D or two copies of ALL A-D?

Thanks!
It just means submit 2 exact copies of whatever you're submitting.