• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I would at least have made sure I had the civil documents on hand just in case, if I was in your shoes. Oh well!

Take a look at the Timelines spreadsheets to get an idea of the average processing time.
You're absolutely right, it caught me off-guard in the midst of an international move and new job! Anyway, what's done is done...Would you by any chance know which FO in the DC-MD-VA area has displayed the fastest processing times in the past?

Also–do you think a copy of my high school diploma is necessary if I include a US college diploma and am currently on an H1B that requires extensive education? Seems kinda moot to me, but I realize this is not about what *I* think.

Thanks for your help.

You're absolutely right, it caught me off-guard in the midst of an international move and new job! Anyway, what's done is done...Would you by any chance know which FO in the DC-MD-VA area has displayed the fastest processing times in the past?

Also–do you think a copy of my high school diploma is necessary if I include a US college diploma and am currently on an H1B that requires extensive education? Seems kinda moot to me, but I realize this is not about what *I* think.

Thanks for your help.

Considering the fact that your FO will be based on your home address, I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by wanting to know which FO in the D.C.-MD-VA has the fastest processing time. Anytime like I told you before, take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets and do the comparison yourself - the Timelines covers from 2011 to date (with the exception of one year I believe).

Some IOs have been known to insist on seeing the HS Diploma, so it's always a good idea to include it in the package. However if it's likely to further delay the submission of your AOS package, you can still go ahead and submit your petition without it, but arrange to have it by the time you go in for your interview.

Considering the fact that your FO will be based on your home address, I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by wanting to know which FO in the D.C.-MD-VA has the fastest processing time. Anytime like I told you before, take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets and do the comparison yourself - the Timelines covers from 2011 to date (with the exception of one year I believe).

Some IOs have been known to insist on seeing the HS Diploma, so it's always a good idea to include it in the package. However if it's likely to further delay the submission of your AOS package, you can still go ahead and submit your petition without it, but arrange to have it by the time you go in for your interview.
Well, I still need to wait to receive receipt of the DV administrative fee payment, which I submitted today, in order to include a copy in the package. Might as well try to get the diploma in the meantime...And waiting to receive immunization records from my university before I do the medical examination. Not optimal, I know, but I expect to be able to submit the package by the end of the month. That'll give me 6 months of nail-biting...

Hi,
Glad I found this link. It seems like I have started processing late for CN (33XX), I just completed my DS 260 and sent a money order for DV processing last week and I am still waiting for receipt of money order. Do you think it is a good idea to submit AOS (I485) form without getting a letter after submitting DS260?

Hi,
Glad I found this link. It seems like I have started processing late for CN (33XX), I just completed my DS 260 and sent a money order for DV processing last week and I am still waiting for receipt of money order. Do you think it is a good idea to submit AOS (I485) form without getting a letter after submitting DS260?

You can submit the AOS package without the 2NL. But you need to wait for the payment receipt - that needs to be included with the package.

Hi everyone! We finally had our biometric appointment, and I thought I'd share our experience. Because our daughter (4yo) was not in a stroller, the officials at the South El Monte USCIS wouldn't let my husband and I be processed together (he had to do the fingerprints, signature and photo, and I stayed with my daughter, and once he was done I had my turn). It wasn't that big a deal, and all the officials were very polite and friendly. They've obviously had issues with children running rampant... But to those who have small children, it will be easier (and save time) to just bring a stroller! (I do realize that every office is different, but I'm putting this out there as an FYI...)

Follow up on your case by going on an INFOPASS. I wouldn't recommend letting them know you plan on moving to Massachusetts though because if you do, they might tell you to go ahead with the move which and do a change of address which will lead to your case being transferred over to Massachusetts - you may experience further delays as a result of that.

I'm not quite certain how easy it will be for you to get the J visa considering the fact that you've already declared an immigrant intent - J visas are not dual intent visas, so maybe getting that may not be as easy as you're thinking. Just though to point it out.

Thank you, Sm1smom!

Hi , i just did my fingerprint this past friday, i would like to know if having an expired passport could be an issue at the moment of the interview? I am a F-1 student filing for adjustment of status.
Also, is it necessary to sign up for an USCIS account to keep up with my case process?

Hi , i just did my fingerprint this past friday, i would like to know if having an expired passport could be an issue at the moment of the interview? I am a F-1 student filing for adjustment of status.
Also, is it necessary to sign up for an USCIS account to keep up with my case process?

Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months since you are on F1 visa (That's what my international student advisor said). You should apply for renewal asap.

It is not necessary, it is only up to you if you want to follow your case progress.

You can submit the AOS package without the 2NL. But you need to wait for the payment receipt - that needs to be included with the package.

hi mom!
is been 1 month after i had my fingerprint, still waiting foe my interview letter.
unfortunately, i am moving from my present address to another, in the same city. can you please advice me on what to do. am thinking changing my address might delay my case.

I didn't respond to your initial post because I thought @Wendpanga already gave you the right response, but since you want to read directly from me, okay here goes:

As a F1 visa holder you are required to have a passport with a 6 months validity period as a minimum. An expired passport is a violation of your status. So how recently expired is your passport? The IO may make an issue of it at the time of your interview. Also do you have any other government issued ID? An expired passport isn't a good form (sometimes not an acceptable form) of ID.

Creating a USCIS account is one of the recommended steps on the AOS process spreadsheet, you can decide as to wether it is 'necessary' for you or not.

Hello,

I am submitting I-134 with its own supporting documents, and also submitting documents to demonstrate my financial situation. Specifically, I am submitting bank statement, employment contract, W2s from last 3 years and tax transcripts. Is it enough to include tax transcript for 2015 and my tax forms for 2016 (I do not have tax transcript for the year 2016 yet)? In other words, is it okay to include tax documents for the last 2 years instead of last 3 years? I have read the spreadsheet and the recommendation is to include tax documents for 1-3 years, but I wanted to know more about it.

Many thanks!

hi mom!
is been 1 month after i had my fingerprint, still waiting foe my interview letter.
unfortunately, i am moving from my present address to another, in the same city. can you please advice me on what to do. am thinking changing my address might delay my case.

Because your move is within the same city, the move shouldn't delay your processing. However, there is the possibility of not receiving your IL, hence a potential delay or denial due to failure to show up for your scheduled interview. This can happen if your IL gets sent to your current address and you don't receive despite having updated your new address online.

Your best bet is to ensure you set up a USCIS online account to ensure you receive the needed notifications when something gets sent out to you, and if you can, arrange with your present landlord/new tenant to reach out to you if any mail gets delivered to you after your move.

Hello,

I am submitting I-134 with its own supporting documents, and also submitting documents to demonstrate my financial situation. Specifically, I am submitting bank statement, employment contract, W2s from last 3 years and tax transcripts. Is it enough to include tax transcript for 2015 and my tax forms for 2016 (I do not have tax transcript for the year 2016 yet)? In other words, is it okay to include tax documents for the last 2 years instead of last 3 years? I have read the spreadsheet and the recommendation is to include tax documents for 1-3 years, but I wanted to know more about it.

Many thanks!

Anything between 1 to 3 years is okay for the tax transcripts. If you only have for 1 year, include it. The whole idea is 'the more the better'

For question 38: I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in part 2. The statement I spoke to with my sponsor was: I intend to provide whatever financial support is needed for as long as needed". Upon hearing this he sort of freaked out because of the "as long as needed" part. What are the implications of this and is there another statement one can put down that's not as extreme?