• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Like others have already responded, no it's not possible to see the eDV registration and the only dates required on it are DOB.

So the question is: are you saying you "guessed" the DOB? If yes, then you deserve to be disqualified at the end of your interview , I know that sounds harsh, but I can't sugarcoat it either. The only reason I know of where someone would use any other date outside of their actual DOB is if they're trying to game the system.
Right. For all we know, "she" could also just simply be an aspiring agent who is really, really bad in bookkeeping... ;)

Like others have already responded, no it's not possible to see the eDV registration and the only dates required on it are DOB.

So the question is: are you saying you "guessed" the DOB? If yes, then you deserve to be disqualified at the end of your interview , I know that sounds harsh, but I can't sugarcoat it either. The only reason I know of where someone would use any other date outside of their actual DOB is if they're trying to game the system.

No No. Not the date of birth, but the exact date for the question "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen".

No No. Not the date of birth, but the exact date for the question "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen".

Irrespective of what you wrote on the entry form, you should enter the correct dates on your DS260.

I'm not aware the eDV registration asks for that or is that a new addition to the form? Are you mixing up the terms eDV registration and DS-260 form?

I'm not aware the eDV registration asks for that or is that a new addition to the form? Are you mixing up the terms eDV registration and DS-260 form?

That question was on DS-260, but as far as I remember it was in eDV registration form too. I am not sure though. Since I can't remember the exact dates I moved, I was wondering whether it'll be a problem if the dates differs in DV-260 and eDV forms.

That question was on DS-260, but as far as I remember it was in eDV registration form too. I am not sure though. Since I can't remember the exact dates I moved, I was wondering whether it'll be a problem if the dates differs in DV-260 and eDV forms.

I know it's on the DS-260 form. However, I doubt it was asked on the eDV registration form. They're not doing a background or any other form of checking at that stage, so it wouldn't make sense for them to be asking if one had lived at an address since the age of 16.

And I got another couple of questions :)

1. Does the KCC send us a notification e-mail once they unlock DS-260?

2. In my country the education qualification for DV lottery is as follows:
upload_2016-5-31_0-24-54.png
In DS-260, in the work/education/training information , the area where it says ‘degree, diploma or certificate” what am I supposed to fill it with for high school education? Should it be "High school Diploma" or "General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Examination (GCE A-Level) "?

And I got another couple of questions :)

1. Does the KCC send us a notification e-mail once they unlock DS-260?

2. In my country the education qualification for DV lottery is as follows:
View attachment 724
In DS-260, in the work/education/training information , the area where it says ‘degree, diploma or certificate” what am I supposed to fill it with for high school education? Should it be "High school Diploma" or "General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Examination (GCE A-Level) "?

1. Yes
2. H/S Diploma is fine.

I honestly don't get into the nitty gritty of how to fill out the DS-260 form, especially with AOSers. I understand the need to be accurate, but most of those questions involves applying ones best judgment to answer them.

1. Yes
2. H/S Diploma is fine.

I honestly don't get into the nitty gritty of how to fill out the DS-260 form, especially with AOSers. I understand the need to be accurate, but most of those questions involves applying ones best judgment to answer them.

Thanks again for the reply :)

i got selected for for the 2017 dv lottery 201700014xxxx
i am on B2. visa already expired
i have an asylum case pending( 1 month)
please i need your help for procedures to follow
1) get an AP? (for which reasons?)
2) when can i start submitting the DS 260 form?
3) when must i leave the US to attend interview
4) is there possibilities to adjust my status without leaving the US

i got selected for for the 2017 dv lottery 201700014xxxx
i am on B2. visa already expired
i have an asylum case pending( 1 month)
please i need your help for procedures to follow
1) get an AP? (for which reasons?)
2) when can i start submitting the DS 260 form?
3) when must i leave the US to attend interview
4) is there possibilities to adjust my status without leaving the US

1. I don't understand your question.
2. Whenever you like.
3. Leaving the US to attend the interview in your home country, which I'm assuming you're claiming persecution from, hence the asylum application, may be a risky move. If you leave:
  • Your asylum case will be considered abandoned.
  • Because you've overstayed your admitted duration of stay and you're currently out of status, you'll be subjected to a 3 year ban from the US.
4. There have been successful stories of asylum pending people who have successfully processed their DV selection via AOS.

2. Whenever you like.
3. Leaving the US to attend the interview in your home country, which I'm assuming you're claiming persecution from, hence the asylum application, may be a risky move. If you leave:
  • Because you've overstayed your admitted duration of stay and you're currently out of status, you'll be subjected to a 3 year ban from the US.
4. There have been successful stories of asylum pending people who have successfully processed their DV selection via AOS.
2. Whenever you like.

thanks very much for the answers MOM
question 1 was, when to apply for an Advance Parole and possible reasons leaving the country.

my visa expired, but my asylum case was received the following day. i think i did not overstayed or meet the 3 years ban.
I am very happy to know i can process DV selection via AOS.
Now my question is this
my asylum case has been pending for just two months
may i be legible to apply for the DV 2017 selection via AOS?

question 1 was, when to apply for an Advance Parole and possible reasons leaving the country.

my visa expired, but my asylum case was received the following day. i think i did not overstayed or meet the 3 years ban.
Now my question is this

DV based AOS petitioners typically apply for the AP card when they send in their AOS package. However, in your case it will be a bad idea to apply for and use the AP card to travel since you have a pending asylum case. People seeking asylum don't typically go out of the country until their case is decided.

Now when you say your case was received one day after your visa expired (which I'm guessing you mean one day after the expiration of your admitted status), do you mean USCIS acknowledged receipt of the application on that day or that was the day the package was actually delivered?

And yes, (regardless of the response to the question above), if you leave to process CP you may still be considered to have overstayed, notwithstanding a pending asylum case.

And like I responded earlier, we have cases of asylum pending DV selectees in this forum who have successfully processed their DV selection via AOS (regardless of how long their asylum case has been pending).

Now my question is this

The question is whether you are in lawful status. The information you provided "my visa expired, but my asylum case was received the following day" is not sufficiently specific to come to a definite conclusion on this point alone. If you may not have lawful status, given that your asylum case probably shows 'pending' right now, the following implications may or may not be applicable to your case: in order to apply for AoS in the United States based on DV lottery, one must be in lawful status to begin with. At the same time, if you leave the United States for CP, you may be subject to a three or ten year bar (depending on how much of unlawful presence you would have accrued, if your asylum case has not been approved by then). Further, leaving the United States would mean Abandonment of your pending asylum case.

Last edited: