• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

You and your entire family travelled out and returned shortly after and got new I-94s? That's interesting.

Anyway, you may try visiting the DMV office with the NOA in that case. There's no guarantee they will accept that as evidence of being in a legal status and renew your driver's license though.
Thx Mom!)
Yes, of course I'll try to go to DMV, but I thought ... may be in some document noticed that if someone sent AOS case he is in legal status till 09/30 next year. It can helps for discussing in DMV

Last edited:
oo... you have good memory))
but I had a trip to homeland and my new i-94 will expire in few days. Of course when I sent my AOS case I was in legal status, either now.

I'm in no way an expert on AOS, but common sense tells me that you will be facing questions about entering with immigrant intent on a non immigrant visa in light of how you approached this. Out of interest, did any CBP officer ask you about the reason for your trip on your most recent visitor visa entry?

Thx Mom!)
Yes, of course I'll try to go to DMV, but I thought ... may be in some document noticed that if someone sent AOS case he is in legal status till 09/30 next year. It can helps for discussing in DMV

Like I said before there is no such law or official document that says a person is in legal status until 9/30 simply because the person has filed for AOS. You're misunderstanding the 9/30 FY as applicable to DV cases.

The 9/30 date simply means a DV based petition must be approved or denied by that date. It does not automatically mean you're in a legal status until 9/30. Your petition may be approved or denied prior to that date

14 and above. Children's thumb prints will still need to be captured for the GC though.
Thx again,
I'm asking because one of my friends went to fingerprints last month and USCIS took the fingerprints from them children (4 and 6 years).
And I confused, should I take my children with me for fingerprints visit to USCIS

Thx again,
I'm asking because one of my friends went to fingerprints last month and USCIS took the fingerprints from them children (4 and 6 years).
And I confused, should I take my children with me for fingerprints visit to USCIS

Like I said, children's thumbprints needs to be captured for the GC. That's what they took with regards to your friend's children - their thumbprints - USCIS did not take their entire fingerprints like they do for adults. So yes, your children should attend the bio appointment with you.

Like I said, children's thumbprints needs to be captured for the GC. That's what they took with regards to your friend's children - their thumbprints - USCIS did not take their entire fingerprints like they do for adults. So yes, your children should attend the bio appointment with you.
Thx so much!!

My D-i-L and son both had their Biometric appointment on December 7th but they haven´t have any news ever since, delays might be caused because of the holyday season?

Thanks

My D-i-L and son both had their Biometric appointment on December 7th but they haven´t have any news ever since, delays might be caused because of the holyday season?

Thanks

The interview appointment is FO dependent. Delay in getting an IL could be due to a number of reasons - the holiday season, work load schedule, pending background check clearance, etc. You'll need to check the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it may take for them to get their ILs, or to see how long others have had to wait before receiving their ILs.

GENERAL NOTICE

The 2017 Timeline spreadsheet is now available as a read/view only mode. Anyone needing to update the spreadsheet will need to send in an access request through the spreadsheet - meaning a login will now be required. I had hoped to not do this again, however some users who are probably not even listed on the spreadsheet keeping sorting and re-arranging the column for their selfish needs in spite of the largely written pleas on the spreadsheet for people to not sort or re-arrange.

Apologies for the inconvenience this new requirement is likely to cause most of you, however requiring a login is the only way of keeping track and preventing the selfish changes some users have been making to the spreadsheet.

If you have some substantial savings in your account (and can verify the sources of the income should they ask), nothing wrong with including the bank statements. If you don't have a substantial amount in the account, then it makes no sense to include your personal bank statements. The essence of the I-134 is to show you have financial support from some other sources of support you can depend on.

Thank you for your reply.

What is a long form birth certificate ?
I came across this on the website:
Important Notice: You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

I have the original birth certificate from my country and a translated copy from the place that issues the birth certificate. Is that going to be enough ?

Thank you for your reply.

What is a long form birth certificate ?
I came across this on the website:
Important Notice: You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

I have the original birth certificate from my country and a translated copy from the place that issues the birth certificate. Is that going to be enough ?

A long form B/C is basically the certificate issued by the government body or local municipality with jurisdiction over your place birth and it contains both of your parents full names (or one parent's name, typically the mother's in a situation where a single parent is declared at the time of birth).

So, I went to the interview on 29th. Everything started well, and the FO was professional. Unfortunately, the software had some glitches, and it could not get past reading my fingerprints and taking the picture. After several trials on his computer, and one more on another PC, the guy sent me home. Although he merely went over the I-485 questions and original document checking, he said that everything seemed fine, and that I will get a letter in 1-2 weeks notifying whether I should send additional documents to the ones we went over. He did not go past the sent folder, which does not include my current grades, proof of residence, etc., so I expect to have my process slightly delayed. Is there anything I should be aware of, maybe something he did not mention? Did anyone have a similar experience? Or, do you know of anyone who had a similar experience? Thank you!

Hi: I have another question: I am in the US on H3 visa. How can I prove my nonimmigrant intent during the interview? Can I be denied because of that?

Hi: I have another question: I am in the US on H3 visa. How can I prove my nonimmigrant intent during the interview? Can I be denied because of that?

You're in the DV forum, are you a DV winner? (With presumably immigrant intent)

You wouldn't be asked to prove your non immigrant intent at the interview - you've already submitted your DS260 form which is the first step in demonstrating an immigrant intent. You follow up by submitting an AOS package - further demonstration of an immigrant intent. Asking you to prove a non immigrant intent at the interview is completely irrelevant at that point.

I got the approval notice! I want to sincerely thank mom and this thread- without it, I would have stumbled along the way.

It is interesting how even one "small" forum can have a life-changing impact on hundreds of lives- a thing I probably should keep in mind as I get the change in status. God bless this thread, and God bless America!

Hello. I have the interview next week. It is asked to bring the original birth certificate. Mine is not in english. And I have submitted the original transleted birth certificate in my package. Now my question: is the copy of the translation enough to have with myself in interview or they will ask for the original?