• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I got the approval notice! I want to sincerely thank mom and this thread- without it, I would have stumbled along the way.

It is interesting how even one "small" forum can have a life-changing impact on hundreds of lives- a thing I probably should keep in mind as I get the change in status. God bless this thread, and God bless America!

Fantastic! Congratulations

Hello. I have the interview next week. It is asked to bring the original birth certificate. Mine is not in english. And I have submitted the original transleted birth certificate in my package. Now my question: is the copy of the translation enough to have with myself in interview or they will ask for the original?

You need to attend the interview with:
  • The original copy of the BC in foreign language (and a copy of it if you didn't include the copy with your AOS package).
  • Copy of the submitted original translated version

You need to attend the interview with:
  • The original copy of the BC in foreign language (and a copy of it if you didn't include the copy with your AOS package).
  • Copy of the submitted original translated version

Thank you so much.So, I should be fine in the interview.
:D

You wouldn't be asked to prove your non immigrant intent at the interview - you've already submitted your DS260 form which is the first step in demonstrating an immigrant intent. You follow up by submitting an AOS package - further demonstration of an immigrant intent. Asking you to prove a non immigrant intent at the interview is completely irrelevant at that point.

According to "Tips for the AOS Interview" from the spreadsheet, I may be asked for a type of visa I applied for and why I wanted to come to the United States, and the officer may try to judge if I had an immigrant intent at the time I got my visa to enter the US. I came here on J1, then after a year switched to H3 and then I got selected in dv2017. What are the chances that the officer asks me about my visa history and investigate it? Should I be worried about that?

According to "Tips for the AOS Interview" from the spreadsheet, I may be asked for a type of visa I applied for and why I wanted to come to the United States, and the officer may try to judge if I had an immigrant intent at the time I got my visa to enter the US. I came here on J1, then after a year switched to H3 and then I got selected in dv2017. What are the chances that the officer asks me about my visa history and investigate it? Should I be worried about that?

Based on the timeline you've described above, you obviously hadn't been selected for DV2017 by the time you got your NIV and came to the US, right? So why are you stressing on this immigrant intent issue? If asked about your plans when you originally came into the US, say the truth - whatever that original plan was. Stop stressing!

I was issued an EAD card before, but I left the Alien Number blank in the DS260, because I thought only Green Card Holders had A number. Will this be an issue for me later? Should I correct this information ? I will also be applying for EAD soon because I am set to graduate May, 2017.

I was issued an EAD card before, but I left the Alien Number blank in the DS260, because I thought only Green Card Holders had A number. Will this be an issue for me later? Should I correct this information ? I will also be applying for EAD soon because I am set to graduate May, 2017.

Include the A# on your AOS forms.

I had my B/C translated to english by the municipality in my home country, but it does not state that he/she is fluent in both english and my native language. Is this going to be an issue? Should I ask my folks back home to get him to state and certify that in a separate letter pad?

Hello,
I have been waiting for interview letter since 1sr of November that I did my biometric. I am wondering why this process has been taking so long? What databases are being checked for background checks. Also, My case number was around 700 and it was current on October. I am so worry about this delay.

I had my B/C translated to english by the municipality in my home country, but it does not state that he/she is fluent in both english and my native language. Is this going to be an issue? Should I ask my folks back home to get him to state and certify that in a separate letter pad?

The instruction is for all documents in foreign language to be translated into English AND for the translated copy to be accompanied by a certified statement from the translator attesting to their fluency in both English and the language the document is being translated from.

Hello,
I have been waiting for interview letter since 1sr of November that I did my biometric. I am wondering why this process has been taking so long? What databases are being checked for background checks. Also, My case number was around 700 and it was current on October. I am so worry about this delay.

Interview date is FO dependent. I'm not sure what the relevance of knowing what databases they use for background checks is. Have you gone on an INFOPASS with your FO to follow up on your case?

Hello Mom,
I have a question regarding the support:

I am still F1 student and have a active I-20 till end of July 2017 which says I am receiving $27000 support from university (I am not currently receiving this much but my i-20 says that as last year I was getting this much). In my bank statement, however, I do not have $20000, which is sufficient money for two persons (my wife and I).
When I submitted my AOS package a couple months ago I included my employment letter at that time which showed a significant amount of support (more than $13000 for the last semester) which over a year it exceeds the minimum USCIS requires. But now (during spring semester) I am receiving a very limited support from university. What should I do? Would the number in I-20 be sufficient as at this point? Should I take the previous offer letter I submitted with my AOs package as a proof of income? If a new one is needed, I do not have an offer letter which shows the minimum of $20000 for the next few months. What would you recommend me to do?
Should I borrow some money from friends and deposit it in my account and let is sit there for a while and print the updated bank statement when going to interview?

Thanks

Hello Mom,
I have a question regarding the support:

I am still F1 student and have a active I-20 till end of July 2017 which says I am receiving $27000 support from university (I am not currently receiving this much but my i-20 says that as last year I was getting this much). In my bank statement, however, I do not have $20000, which is sufficient money for two persons (my wife and I).
When I submitted my AOS package a couple months ago I included my employment letter at that time which showed a significant amount of support (more than $13000 for the last semester) which over a year it exceeds the minimum USCIS requires. But now (during spring semester) I am receiving a very limited support from university. What should I do? Would the number in I-20 be sufficient as at this point? Should I take the previous offer letter I submitted with my AOs package as a proof of income? If a new one is needed, I do not have an offer letter which shows the minimum of $20000 for the next few months. What would you recommend me to do?
Should I borrow some money from friends and deposit it in my account and let is sit there for a while and print the updated bank statement when going to interview?

Thanks

Find someone to provide you with an I-134.

Interview date is FO dependent. I'm not sure what the relevance of knowing what databases they use for background checks is. Have you gone on an INFOPASS with your FO to follow up on your case?
I have an appointment with USCIS on January 18th and I will follow it up. What is FO stands for?

Hello, I got selected for Dv 2017. I have lived in the US as F1 student for 7 years. In this time, I have applied for Credit Cards and Apartments stating that I am employed and make enough money to support myself, saying that I make >$20,000 a year even when I have not worked. Is this a potential problem in the interview ? Can they know about all these stuffs ? And can they access my banking documents ?

Hi Mom,
One of my friends who won the DV lottery has a high case number that is AS6*** he is scared that his number might not become current until maybe late August or even September. Looking at the timeline he is scared that he might not finish processing within September 30 due to delays in past AOS processes.
He is actually thinking of switching to CP
1. Do you think that is possible now?
2. What are the possible consequences for switching ?