• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi friends! Thank you so much for your helpful advise. I had my interview today . It was very simple and quick. Happy new year

If you do not mind me asking, what questions were you asked in the interview ?
He just reviewed i485 again after I swered to tell the truth and asked me about any changes. I had my grades with which are all "A" s! Then he checked all of ducuments and told me it seemes everything is ok and checked visa bulitan and told me it will take 2 days to receive the letter but if they need anything they will tell me to take or send them. And he said 2 weeks after I receive the letter, I will receive GC in the mail. He was really nice. It took about 45 min.

Regards,

What kind of questions are generally asked during an interview for an F1 student ?
He just reviewed i485 again after I swered to tell the truth and asked me about any changes. I had my grades with which are all "A" s! Then he checked all of ducuments and told me it seemes everything is ok and checked visa bulitan and told me it will take 2 days to receive the letter but if they need anything they will tell me to take or send them. And he said 2 weeks after I receive the letter, I will receive GC in the mail. He was really nice. It took about 45 min.
Thank you for your quick reply.
I assume that you are on F1 visa as I am, if you dont mind, what were the financial documents that you provided ? And were there any question regarding those ? Did showing the grades have an impact on the interview ?

Hi,
I am an F1 student and had some concerns regarding the financial documents , do we need to submit our personal bank statement with the AOS package also, or is the I-134 with W-2's going to be enough. I have my cousin sister as a sponsor and she makes a good living and owns some property as well.
Do I need to show anything of my own, since I am on F1 visa and have not worked ?

Hi,
I am an F1 student and had some concerns regarding the financial documents , do we need to submit our personal bank statement with the AOS package also, or is the I-134 with W-2's going to be enough. I have my cousin sister as a sponsor and she makes a good living and owns some property as well.
Do I need to show anything of my own, since I am on F1 visa and have not worked ?
One of my friends supports me, he signed the affidavit form. They need i20 and yes when he asked for id cards i gave him my DL and student id also I gave him a print of my grades. He was surprised. I also have 2 letters from principal that shows I am in the honor list. I also have enough money in bank but he didnt ask anything about these things he just reviewed the i485 .

Thank you for your reply mehr2017, I really appreciate your feedback.
I would like to ask the same question to Sm1smom,

Hi mom,

Thank you for your reply mehr2017, I really appreciate your feedback.
I would like to ask the same question to Sm1smom,

Hi mom,

If you have some substantial savings in your account (and can verify the sources of the income should they ask), nothing wrong with including the bank statements. If you don't have a substantial amount in the account, then it makes no sense to include your personal bank statements. The essence of the I-134 is to show you have financial support from some other sources of support you can depend on.

Hi friends!
Happy New Year!
Good Luck for all of you!

I've won DV2017..EU14xxx.
We've sent AOS case (i-485 etc)
My i-94 will expire soon.
I already received I-797 for i-485 and for i-765.

My question is: where (in official documents) notes than I can live in the USA legal till 09/31/2017?
I need it for extend my driving license.

Hi friends!
Happy New Year!
Good Luck for all of you!

I've won DV2017..EU14xxx.
We've sent AOS case (i-485 etc)
My i-94 will expire soon.
I already received I-797 for i-485 and for i-765.

My question is: where (in official documents) notes than I can live in the USA legal till 09/31/2017?
I need it for extend my driving license.

There is no document, official or otherwise, that says you can legally remain in the US until 9/31/2017 following the expiration of your I-94.

If your AOS petition was accepted by USCIS evidenced by the NOA receipt prior to the expiration of your I-94, then that NOA is the official notice indicating you may remain in the US pending the adjudication of your AOS petition.

There is no document, official or otherwise, that says you can legally remain in the US until 9/31/2017 following the expiration of your I-94.

If your AOS petition was accepted by USCIS evidenced by the NOA receipt prior to the expiration of your I-94, then that NOA is the official notice indicating you may remain in the US pending the adjudication of your AOS petition.

Does it mean that I can't extend my DL before I received approval notice?

I've filed my AOS case in this December, and just received confirmation NOAs. My case number shown for January in Visa bulletin

I've filed my AOS case in this December, and just received confirmation NOAs. My case number shown for January in Visa bulletin

If memory serves me right, your visitor's visa expired in October - so I see a gap in status from Oct to Dec. How did you ensure you were still in status as at the time of filing your AOS petition?

If you were already out of status as at the time of filing AOS, then technically speaking the NOA you received does not grant you a legal status either.

If memory serves me right, your visitor's visa expired in October - so I see a gap in status from Oct to Dec. How did you ensure you were still in status as at the time of filing your AOS petition?

If you were already out of status as at the time of filing AOS, then technically speaking the NOA you received does not grant you a legal status either.
oo... you have good memory))
but I had a trip to homeland and my new i-94 will expire in few days. Of course when I sent my AOS case I was in legal status, either now.

Last edited:
oo... you have good memory))
but I had a trip to homeland and my new i-94 will expire in few days. Of course when I sent my AOS case I was in legal status, either now.

You and your entire family travelled out and returned shortly after and got new I-94s? That's interesting.

Anyway, you may try visiting the DMV office with the NOA in that case. There's no guarantee they will accept that as evidence of being in a legal status and renew your driver's license though.