• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi,

After my interview today, where I was not approved on the spot :(, but only received at hand letter that my case is being held for review, few hours later received email with subject line: post decision activity where is stated that my application is approved and I should expect approval notice by mail. The email also indicates that for approved applications post decision activity may include sending the notification of the approved application/petition to NVC or State Dpt. Is this anything to do with my current A2 visa? I wonder if the process is over and I should celebrate or there is still some additional steps that I should expect? Many thanks in advance,

Does my child who is under 14 years old have to take fingerprints or have an interview?
Children under 14 are not required to have their fingerprints taken and USCIS may waive any interview requirements.

From USCIS website

Your child is still expected to attend a bio appointment to get their picture and thumb prints captured.

And you're still required to attend the interview with your under 14 child even if they will not be interviewed.

Did my bio walk-in back in late April, still waiting for an interview letter. I also did an infopass on June 22, the officer said my case is assigned to an IO and I should expect a letter soon.

Anyway, I am due to move later this month (still within the same neighborhood), and would have to do a change of address with USCIS. Would this, in any way, delay the process? Was hoping this process would be done before I move, but it doesn't seem likely at the moment.

This should not directly delay your processing since your FO still has jurisdiction over your new address.

However, you run the risk of not receiving the IL as it will most likely get sent to the old address, unless you can ask the landlord or new occupants to let you know if and when any mail from USCIS addressed to you shows up in the mail box. And if you fail to show up for your interview as scheduled, your petition will end up being denied.

Hi,

After my interview today, where I was not approved on the spot :(, but only received at hand letter that my case is being held for review, few hours later received email with subject line: post decision activity where is stated that my application is approved and I should expect approval notice by mail. The email also indicates that for approved applications post decision activity may include sending the notification of the approved application/petition to NVC or State Dpt. Is this anything to do with my current A2 visa? I wonder if the process is over and I should celebrate or there is still some additional steps that I should expect? Many thanks in advance,

If you already got an approval notification, then you're indeed approved, regardless of what the notice says re NVC - that's just a generic statement.

That online update should change to Card Production Ordered very soon.

This should not directly delay your processing since your FO still has jurisdiction over your new address.

However, you run the risk of not receiving the IL as it will most likely get sent to the old address, unless you can ask the landlord or new occupants to let you know if and when any mail from USCIS addressed to you shows up in the mail box. And if you fail to show up for your interview as scheduled, your petition will end up being denied.
Masooi,

I actually moved before i received my interview letter and it was sent to my old address, despite the fact i went into the field office and did a change of address. However, I knew the new occupant and they held the letter for me. So as Mom said it's definitely a risk.

Masooi,

I actually moved before i received my interview letter and it was sent to my old address, despite the fact i went into the field office and did a change of address. However, I knew the new occupant and they held the letter for me. So as Mom said it's definitely a risk.

Got it, that's good to know! I have about 2.5 more weeks before moving, so hopefully I'll get the letter before I move. Though, it's also worrisome if/when I'm approved, and they send the GC to my old address instead of the new one. Guess all I could do is wait now....

Thank you!

Got it, that's good to know! I have about 2.5 more weeks before moving, so hopefully I'll get the letter before I move. Though, it's also worrisome if/when I'm approved, and they send the GC to my old address instead of the new one. Guess all I could do is wait now....

Thank you!

You can request to update your address when you go for your interview by presenting some evidence of your new address to the IO interviewing you - that should cause the GC to get mailed to the new address.

You can request to update your address when you go for your interview by presenting some evidence of your new address to the IO interviewing you - that should cause the GC to get mailed to the new address.

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly do that.

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly do that.

Yes Mom is right. I gave them my new address (again) during my interview but they did not ask for evidence. The officer updated my form with the new address. Hopefully I get the card at the new address. Fingers crossed.

Hi, thanks for sharing ! I am also ATL's applicant, did he tell you which exactly document from your file is missing, or it concerns only cases who were interviewed ?
We had our biometrics on May 31st and we haven't received IL yet. Our FO is Atlanta, GA. Has anyone received IL recently from Atlanta FO?

Wondering if it is too late already to submit I-485 already to be processed in time for the Sep 30th deadline? Any suggestions, insights would be really appreciated.

Welcome to our ATL team :)! I also have had my bio on 24th of May and am in a stand-by mode.
ATL FO - Hello. Do you guys think getting an INFOPASS will help figuring out where the application is stuck or we need to just keep waiting.

ATL FO - Hello. Do you guys think getting an INFOPASS will help figuring out where the application is stuck or we need to just keep waiting.

Of course, you all should be going on INFOPASS. If you haven't, that's not wise IMHO.

Wondering if it is too late already to submit I-485 already to be processed in time for the Sep 30th deadline? Any suggestions, insights would be really appreciated.

Submitting the AOS package in July and getting approved by COB Sept 30th has not been an issue in the past except for selectees from Iran (and other countries mentioned in Trump's EO) due to the prolonged AP they get placed on. Since you're Iranian, I would say it is dicey - I'm not saying it is completely impossible, just very dicey.

I am actually from Iraq. Not included in the EO. But not sure how it would go, like you said. So If we do submit the AOS package now it would be losing the I-485 processing fees I guess, which is a significant sum.

I went to an infopass two weeks ago and they told me that they had asked for my KCC file on May 2 and received it May 3. He also said they had my AOS file and that meant that my background check was finished. I tried to explain that this wasn't necessarily true based on what I've seen on this forum, and he simply said that the only way he knew how to check.

@Maria2017 has an infopass coming up and I'm planning on scheduling another one this week. I think you should try to learn more about your case, and maybe add a little pressure on them to start scheduling interviews.

I am actually from Iraq. Not included in the EO. But not sure how it would go, like you said. So If we do submit the AOS package now it would be losing the I-485 processing fees I guess, which is a significant sum.

I never said submitting the AOS package now equates to losing the I-485 processing fee, but if you choose to interpret it as such, that's ok. If you check past AOS Threads and/or Timelines, I'm sure you'll see cases that became current in July and successfully completed the AOS process.

Considering how you've been skeptical and dilly dallying about the process - being current since Jan or Feb (?), not acting early enough to get the waiver for your 2 HRR, etc - it doesn't seem to me like you really wanted to go through the process anyways.