• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi there! Last Monday my case status changed from "We accepted your fee for bio..." to " Case was received at my local office", has anyone else got the same change?

Hi Mom,

Can we travel outside the US right after we get the Green Card ? Or should we wait for a certain period of time before we leave the country ?

Hi there! Last Monday my case status changed from "We accepted your fee for bio..." to " Case was received at my local office", has anyone else got the same change?
I know that my case has been received by my local office (KCC told me they sent it and the officer at the INFOPASS told me it was there) but I see no update on USCIS! Mine still says "we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485...."

I know that my case has been received by my local office (KCC told me they sent it and the officer at the INFOPASS told me it was there) but I see no update on USCIS! Mine still says "we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485...."
It is a bit frustrating for me, is it a good sign or not ;)

Dear Britsimon,
Thank you for your post.
I am from Libya and I am in the US with my family since 2013 for my Ph.D program. I am DV-2017 applicant and my Case is under processing for me and my family. we have a bio appointment next week. Also I have one child who is a U.S citizen. According to your post;

Do I and my family considered have an exemption from the travel Ban?

I am a little confused. Please advise

Thank you ,

Dear Britsimon,
Thank you for your post.
I am from Libya and I am in the US with my family since 2013 for my Ph.D program. I am DV-2017 applicant and my Case is under processing for me and my family. we have a bio appointment next week. Also I have one child who is a U.S citizen. According to your post;

Do I and my family considered have an exemption from the travel Ban?

I am a little confused. Please advise

Thank you ,

According to my understanding of the cable instructions, yes, you are automatically exempt assuming you were in the USA on June 26th.

An extract from the cable to make this clear:

"(SBU) Individuals Who Are Exempt from the E.O.’s Suspension of Entry

10. (SBU) The E.O.’s suspension of entry does not apply to the following:

b.) Any applicant who was in the United States on June 26, 2017;"

According to my understanding of the cable instructions, yes, you are automatically exempt assuming you were in the USA on June 26th.

An extract from the cable to make this clear:

"(SBU) Individuals Who Are Exempt from the E.O.’s Suspension of Entry

10. (SBU) The E.O.’s suspension of entry does not apply to the following:

b.) Any applicant who was in the United States on June 26, 2017;"

Thank you so much

Update on EO-2 Implementation

After a thorough review of the EO-2, and the Supreme Court's ruling reinstating it, and every other document I could possibly lay my hands on, MY response to any AOSer from one of the listed 6 countries is that we don't know how their petitions will be impacted by the EO.

The only update we have so far is based on how the DOS and DHS will implement the provisions of the EO for CP candidates. Other US agencies such as USCIS are yet to provide any kind of clarification as to how they will implement the EO.

The attached Practice Alert from AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) has done a great job of breaking done the DOS Cable and FAQs the implementation process. I highlighted sections I particularly find interesting, some of those deal with the issue of individuals on soil soil as at June 26th. Here's their interpretation:

• An individual from one of the six designated countries who was present in the U.S. on June 26, 2017, who was admitted on a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa will not be subject to EO-2 when applying for a subsequent visa.
  • Similarly, an individual from one of the six designated countries who was present in the U.S. on June 26, 2017, but whose visa will expire during travel abroad, will not be subject to EO-2 when applying for a new visa in order to return to the U.S.
AILA's interpretation does not say anything about AOSers already present in the US as at June 26th. So my response will continue to be we don't know how this will impact such cases. We will not be able to tell until USCIS releases their own implementation plan or we become aware of such cases being approved.

Link to AILA's Practice Alert for anyone interested in reading further:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6V9QL_-yUzJcDNNQlg5MDN4Umc

Hi Sm1smom,

I have got my NOL I-797 for I-485 application and it says: next step: USCIS will schedule a biometric appt. ect. So, it shows what is the next step. After about 10 days I got my bio appointment letter.

Now, for my little daughter (4 years Old), I just got the NOL I-797 for I-485 application today and it does not show any next step for bio appointment.

Is this considered normal for children NOL I-797 for I-485 application not show any next step for bio appointment.?

Please advise

Note: my daughter AOS package was returned to me for a missed signature. So, I first received my NOL I-797 for I-485 application and then two weeks later I received my daughter NOL I-797 for I-485 application.

Thank you,

Hi Sm1smom,

I have got my NOL I-797 for I-485 application and it says: next step: USCIS will schedule a biometric appt. ect. So, it shows what is the next step. After about 10 days I got my bio appointment letter.

Now, for my little daughter (4 years Old), I just got the NOL I-797 for I-485 application today and it does not show any next step for bio appointment.

Is this considered normal for children NOL I-797 for I-485 application not show any next step for bio appointment.?

Please advise

Note: my daughter AOS package was returned to me for a missed signature. So, I first received my NOL I-797 for I-485 application and then two weeks later I received my daughter NOL I-797 for I-485 application.

Thank you,

Yes it is normal since the only thing that happens for a minor at the bio appointment is for their picture and thumb prints to get captured. Don't stress over whatever is showing up online for her, her 'bio notice' will should still show up regardless.

Yes it is normal since the only thing that happens for a minor at the bio appointment is for their picture and thumb prints to get captured. Don't stress over whatever is showing up online for her, her 'bio notice' will should still show up regardless.
Thank you Sm1smom for your reply

hey guys, gpt somthing in the mail saying theyll send the green card and visa packet once they detect my payment. 220 usd? does this sound right? also they want a serial n umber of my immigrant form but that was handed in when i landed in l.a?

Hello all,

I got a letter from NBC yesterday with "Notice type: Approval Notice". It says "The above application has been approved. Prior receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for the biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time...................... "

I checked my online case status today it shows " New card is being produced". I am confused what is all this meaning?? I Was waiting for the letter for the interview time and location. Can anybody suggest me what is going on this case?

Thank you all for your support!

Hello all,

I got a letter from NBC yesterday with "Notice type: Approval Notice". It says "The above application has been approved. Prior receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for the biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time...................... "

I checked my online case status today it shows " New card is being produced". I am confused what is all this meaning?? I Was waiting for the letter for the interview time and location. Can anybody suggest me what is going on this case?

Thank you all for your support!

Seems like your FO approved your petition without an interview which is a good thing. Did you already respond to the RFE you got a while back or that is still pending?

Seems like your FO approved your petition without an interview which is a good thing. Did you already respond to the RFE you got a while back or that is still pending?
Yes. have responded RFE two weeks ago. So far no response from the Field office. I have submitted following documents with RFE.

1. Copy of “Request for evidence” letter
2.Copy of birth certificate in Native Language with English translation
3. Copy of verification letter from government agency stating accuracy of date of birth
4. 2 Copies of Affidavits by close relatives
5. Copies of school/academic records showing the date of birth.

Thank you