• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Thanks mom. I just got the notification by e-mail and a text message yesterday night around 12.30 am. And the check has been cashed today. Didn't get the notification letter by mail though. I will sign up with the receipt number on the e-mail I got. Thank You.
I supposed it is in step 10 "Use the Receipt Number on the NOA to register online for Status Updates"
Keep it updated. Thank you!

I supposed it is in step 10 "Use the Receipt Number on the NOA to register online for Status Updates"
Keep it updated. Thank you!

I just signed up and entered my receipt number, but I get an error message saying that the system does not recognize the receipt number entered. Is it because its too early to check status?

I just signed up and entered my receipt number, but I get an error message saying that the system does not recognize the receipt number entered. Is it because its too early to check status?

Yes, too early considering that you haven't even received the paper NOA. You'll need to wait a couple of days/weeks for the number to go through the system before it gets recognized online.

Did you sign up online for status notifications? You will not receive any other notification outside of the one you received when your package was accepted if you haven't signed up online. This step was called out as part of what should be done on the AOS process spreadsheet

Yes, I signed up online and I have no received any notifications. I already did my biometrics and that doesn't show up either.

Yes, I signed up online and I have no received any notifications. I already did my biometrics and that doesn't show up either.

Did you sign up online for the system to send you status notifications before you received your bio notice?

So the question is when did you sign up for online notification delivery? What notification method did you choose and when did you receive your bio letter? This is how the system has always worked.

Question regards to the "2NL"
The 2NL send from KCC as email, is it send to the main applicant email address or all the dependents will also receive?
Or they will not send, it's just simply updated from the DV ESC webpage?

Yes they know it is time sensitive. If they didn't, you most definitely wouldn't have had an interview by now. Your FO has none DV based AOS petitions pending and awaiting an interview slot before your petition was received, and they put yours ahead of those because they know your case is time sensitive.

Thanks for your reply mom!

I finished my interview, but still waiting (refer to post 2808 for information)

Using the receipt number I got from a notice saying they received the biometrics fee, I checked at USCIS and it still says "finger print fee received" without any updates.
Is there another receipt number that I can add to see my status?

If that's the correct receipt number, it seems like they couldn't request the visa on the interview day (the FO interview officer said she will request a visa that day (Thursday) after doing the interview).

And for the notification that everyone is talking about, is it about registering at the USCIS website?
I filed a G-1145 form with my AOS package, but never got any electronic notification...

I am curious why they still haven't got file from KCC. Aren't they supposed to request the file long time ago?

At this stage, is there anything I should do other than waiting for mail?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply mom!

I finished my interview, but still waiting (refer to post 2808 for information)

Using the receipt number I got from a notice saying they received the biometrics fee, I checked at USCIS and it still says "finger print fee received" without any updates.
Is there another receipt number that I can add to see my status?

If that's the correct receipt number, it seems like they couldn't request the visa on the interview day (the FO interview officer said she will request a visa that day (Thursday) after doing the interview).

And for the notification that everyone is talking about, is it about registering at the USCIS website?
I filed a G-1145 form with my AOS package, but never got any electronic notification...

I am curious why they still haven't got file from KCC. Aren't they supposed to request the file long time ago?

At this stage, is there anything I should do other than waiting for mail?

Thanks!

That is the only receipt number you need - you will not see any update unless a decision has been made. So what you're seeing is normal - already explained on the spreadsheet.

I don't see what the receipt number has to do with the IO requesting for the visa. Sometimes when they say they need time to request for the visa, it basically means they need to review the case again just to make sure everything is in order and are not willingly to approve the case on the spot.

Yes it is about registering on USCIS's website for notifications. Form G-1145 is for getting the notification for the NOA only following the AOS package acceptance. After that, no other notification gets sent if one hasn't registered online. Again I clearly documented this step on the spreadsheet.

Did you ask or did they tell you they were waiting for your KCC file? Did you confirm from KCC if your KCC file has been requested by your FO?

Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding fingerprinting and interview visit.
My spouse and I have a bio scheduled for next week.
I have 2 kids (2 yrs old and 3 months) is it OK to take them with us to fingerprinting and interview?
For the interview I am planning to take younger child with me and leave older at home with someone.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding fingerprinting and interview visit.
My spouse and I have a bio scheduled for next week.
I have 2 kids (2 yrs old and 3 months) is it OK to take them with us to fingerprinting and interview?
For the interview I am planning to take younger child with me and leave older at home with someone.

Thanks

Yes you can take them with you. By the way, are they both USC?

Thanks for your quick response Mom.
Yes, both USC.
Will it help in the interview to have two USC kids. Or it doesnt matter?
Just was wondering will it disturb IO if my older child talks or plays around during the interview?

Thanks.

Thanks for your quick response Mom.
Yes, both USC.
Will it help in the interview to have two USC kids. Or it doesnt matter?
Just was wondering will it disturb IO if my older child talks or plays around during the interview?

Thanks.

Your children being USC will not swing the decision either way. If the IO has an issue with your having your underage kids with you, he/she will interview you and your wife separately to enable one of you be with the kids during the process.

Be sure to take their original birth certificates and copies with you, those will be needed for your file (and that's why I wanted to know if they're USC).

Your children being USC will not swing the decision either way. If the IO has an issue with your having your underage kids with you, he/she will interview you and your wife separately to enable one of you be with the kids during the process.

Be sure to take their original birth certificates and copies with you, those will be needed for your file (and that's why I wanted to know if they're USC).

Thanks
I will take birth certificates with me.

Did you sign up online for the system to send you status notifications before you received your bio notice?

So the question is when did you sign up for online notification delivery? What notification method did you choose and when did you receive your bio letter? This is how the system has always worked.

I signed up for the online system as soon as I got my NOA. However, I received my biometrics letter just a day later so I probably would have never received any notification from that. The status now, after doing the biometrics, still says "fingerprint fee received".

I signed up for the online system as soon as I got my NOA. However, I received my biometrics letter just a day later so I probably would have never received any notification from that. The status now, after doing the biometrics, still says "fingerprint fee received".

The sign up was too late for a notification message to have gone out for the bio letter. The displayed status will not change until after your case is adjudicated (already explained on the spreadsheet) and has nothing to do with receiving notifications when something gets mailed if one signed up online for notifications.

That is the only receipt number you need - you will not see any update unless a decision has been made. So what you're seeing is normal - already explained on the spreadsheet.

I don't see what the receipt number has to do with the IO requesting for the visa. Sometimes when they say they need time to request for the visa, it basically means they need to review the case again just to make sure everything is in order and are not willingly to approve the case on the spot.

Yes it is about registering on USCIS's website for notifications. Form G-1145 is for getting the notification for the NOA only following the AOS package acceptance. After that, no other notification gets sent if one hasn't registered online. Again I clearly documented this step on the spreadsheet.

Did you ask or did they tell you they were waiting for your KCC file? Did you confirm from KCC if your KCC file has been requested by your FO?

Thanks a lot mom!

They told me they haven't got the KCC file during the interview. Is it normal for the FO to only request KCC file after interview? I have contacted KCC and they said the FO requested the file lasts Friday (my interview happened on Thursday). They should send my file to USCIS this week.

At this stage is there anything I should do in extra to facilitate the process? Again, thanks a lot mom!

Thanks a lot mom!

They told me they haven't got the KCC file during the interview. Is it normal for the FO to only request KCC file after interview? I have contacted KCC and they said the FO requested the file lasts Friday (my interview happened on Thursday). They should send my file to USCIS this week.

At this stage is there anything I should do in extra to facilitate the process? Again, thanks a lot mom!

It is not unusual for the FO to request the KCC file after the interview.

Nothing you can do to facilitate the process.