• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I wanted to stop it long time ago
I could not find a way to delete the account
Otherwise I would have done it long ago.

You think we have no idea DV based AOS is different from a family or employment based one so we're not aware time is ticking even though we still have 4 full months and the rest of May (which by the way has 3 weeks left in it)? If after all these years of guiding people through the process we don't know the fact that DV based AOS is time sensitive, we really have no business doing what we do here you know.

I stopped responding directly to your posts a while back because it became obvious to me you weren't paying any attention if the response wasn't what you wanted to hear.

We've told you over and over your case is not unique. You're from Iran, it's normal for you to get stuck in background check for close to 5 months or more. Not much can be done about it. But to make sure the FO is still working on your case, you needed to go on an INFOPASS once a month.

You could also contact your congressman's office to get their assistance in following up on your case (and warned you it's not like they could force USCIS to rush or adjudicate the case). I remember you told me back then you didn't want to involve a congress person because you thought they were already biased towards your country. Instead you jumped on using the ombudsman option which typically isn't done until you've exhausted all avenues and your case has been pending 5-6 months at least.

Other Iranian petitioners have also responded to let you know you're not the only experiencing this, they are also waiting too. That didn't register with you either.

And then you return and angrily demand for your profile to be deleted because no one is telling you what to do 'except wait'.

SMH! I think I better stop now.

Hi all,

Has anyone from NYC or Queens field offices received an interview date yet? I went for Infopass a month ago and the officer told me that the September 30 DV deadline is irrelevant. I will get an interview when my turn comes.

Hi all,

Has anyone from NYC or Queens field offices received an interview date yet? I went for Infopass a month ago and the officer told me that the September 30 DV deadline is irrelevant. I will get an interview when my turn comes.

That is NOT correct.

Hi all,

That is certainly not correct. The IO you met, like most, is clueless when it comes to DV based AOS - most of them are clueless because DV based AOS is a fraction of the AOS cases they've encountered in their career.

Now I have to say the NYC FO is one of those notorious for bunching DV based AOS petitions together towards the end of the FY. Nonetheless, you should schedule another INFOPASS for the next 3-4 weeks, and if you get the same response about the deadline being irrelevant, show the IO what's written on their website: (print this out and note the URL link in case they want to look it up directly)

The adjustment of status process for diversity visa winners must be completed by September 30 of the fiscal year the lottery pertains to. Visas cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year.
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/ot...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program

apparently only Iranian citizens have this issue!

That is not true, but Iranians are more likely to have this problem because of the Iranian position against the USA and their lack of co-operation with the US government. So - all you can do is wait.

That is not true, but Iranians are more likely to have this problem because of the Iranian position against the USA and their lack of co-operation with the US government. So - all you can do is wait.
one of the criteria for expedite name check was "cases affected by sunset provisions such as dv lottery", based on your response I can guess it is not valid anymore. right?

That is certainly not correct. The IO you met, like most, is clueless when it comes to DV based AOS - most of them are clueless because DV based AOS is a fraction of the AOS cases they've encountered in their career.

Now I have to say the NYC FO is one of those notorious for bunching DV based AOS petitions together towards the end of the FY. Nonetheless, you should schedule another INFOPASS for the next 3-4 weeks, and if you get the same response about the deadline being irrelevant, show the IO what's written on their website: (print this out and note the URL link in case they want to look it up directly)

The adjustment of status process for diversity visa winners must be completed by September 30 of the fiscal year the lottery pertains to. Visas cannot be carried over to the next fiscal.​
Thank you. I will schedule an infopass and show them this language and link. Last time, I showed the officer similar language noted on my 2NL. She was just not having any of it. Hopefully, the next one will be better.

Hi all,

FWIW I'm still waiting on mine from the NY field office (current November, filed early October, EAD received late Jan)

Thank you. I will schedule an infopass and show them this language and link. Last time, I showed the officer similar language noted on my 2NL. She was just not having any of it. Hopefully, the next one will be better.

You can politely request to speak with a supervisor if you feel you're being brushed off for no reason. They are obliged to entertain that request.

It is not unusual for the FO to request the KCC file after the interview.

Nothing you can do to facilitate the process.

Thanks a lot mom! I got the green card!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone in this forum. You guys have been super helpful and knowledgeable!!! Without your help I could never reach this stage! Special thanks to mom and the girl with profile picture of a dog and the guy with profile picture of a gentleman!

Thanks again so much!!! I love you all!!!'

Happiness aside, as an F1 student, what happens to my status after receiving green card? Should I go directly to the international student office of my school to discuss it? Would there be any conflict of interest / complications involved? Any experience in similar situation is highly appreciated!

Again, thanks so much for all of your help! Wish you all best of luck and greatest success in your life <3

Thanks again to everyone in this forum. You guys have been super helpful and knowledgeable!!! Without your help I could never reach this stage! Special thanks to mom and the girl with profile picture of a dog and the guy with profile picture of a gentleman!

Happiness aside, as an F1 student, what happens to my status after receiving green card? Should I go directly to the international student office of my school to discuss it? Would there be any conflict of interest / complications involved? Any experience in similar situation is highly appreciated!

Again, thanks so much for all of your help! Wish you all best of luck and greatest success in your life <3

Congrats! I was wondering which FO you had?
Good luck with everything!

Congrats!
yep, which FO? also would you share your timeline of AOS process?
Thanks~

FANTASTIC! I'm happy for you.

Wait until you get the actual GC, then visit your ISO with it to inform them of your new status. They will terminate your F1 status in SEVIS since it's no longer valid.

Thanks a lot again!!! I love you all!!!

Regarding changing from F1 to permanent resident holding green card, did anyone in similar situation experienced any difficulties / surprises?
Also are we supposed to register for something like the army service once we get the green card?

To everyone else: I'm from Providence field office. I will get my case onto timeline soon - too busy with finals these few days... :'(

Hi everyone.

Is there a way to find your biometrics appointment date outside of the letter?

I'm expecting the letter any day but I have to fly out of state for 10 days. It's concerning as I have seen some peoples appointments scheduled for less than 10 days after receiving the letter.

I have registered in the USCIS website for notifications but I'm not sure what information, if any, regarding the biometrics appointment will be made available there.

Thanks.