• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

After the interview, how are people generally notified of a change in their case status? Is it only through the Case Status check?
I had my interview last week and was told that someone had forgotten to do my background check so I'd get a call within 48 hours. I haven't heard back (I assume the IO got busy) so I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.
Thanks for everything!

Same happened to me and another person in this forum. Only after calling KCC and requesting a supervisor at the field office did they request the file. That was 2 months ago and still no word on the interview. Gonna plan to make my 4th trip to the field office next month as my drivers license expires and the DMV won't issue me a new one without proper paperwork.

It's been almost 6 months since we applied for AOS. Did the background check in December. We went for an Infopass in February, they said the background check cleared, and they will put our case in the interview Que , and will hear back from them in 30--45 days. That did not happen. Went for the 2nd Infopass in April, an another officer said that they received my file and we should hear back from them. I asked if they requested my file from KCC andshe said "yes". I called KCC after I left the Field Office, and they said that my file was not requested. Went back to the Field Office to talk to that officer again, and she said that she never handled DV lottery cases, that there is a person who knows more, but was not in the office that day. She was supposed to give me a call back the following to clarify. That did not happen either. Not sure if I should schedule another Infopass or I'm just wasting my time. My field office is Charleston, SC. Should I just keep waiting? I have no other option anyway.

You need to reach out to your congress person form assistance in following up with your FO

Hi Mom,

I am the principal applicant. I and my wife have submitted our AOS packages and done biometrics as well. It so happens that my wife recently got an admission offer from a graduate school. Given that we have our AOS petition pending, do you think it's a good idea to convert her visa status from F2 to F1 before our case gets adjudicated (this might be our preparation for the worst-case scenario of AOS being denied)? Also, given that we have already expressed immigrant intent, I equally believe that her application to convert from F2 to F1 might be denied in the first place. How do you think we should proceed? FYI, under normal circumstances, we expect our case to be adjudicated in July and school starts from August.

Thanks.

Hi Mom,

I am the principal applicant. I and my wife have submitted our AOS packages and done biometrics as well. It so happens that my wife recently got an admission offer from a graduate school. Given that we have our AOS petition pending, do you think it's a good idea to convert her visa status from F2 to F1 before our case gets adjudicated (this might be our preparation for the worst-case scenario of AOS being denied)? Also, given that we have already expressed immigrant intent, I equally believe that her application to convert from F2 to F1 might be denied in the first place. How do you think we should proceed? FYI, under normal circumstances, we expect our case to be adjudicated in July and school starts from August.

Thanks.

A COS from F2 to F1 will most likely be denied at this point in time since you have a pending AOS petition in the system.

Hi Mom,

My borther-in-law's GC has been recently approved, but he did not get the GC card yet. He was on (H1-B) visa. My sister's visa is expiring soon (his dependent). Should she leave to a near-by country like Canada at this point to get her visa renewed?

Why didn't she get a derivative green card from his case? Is she not planning to? How can she be a dependent on an H1 visa that will no longer exist?

Why didn't she get a derivative green card from his case? Is she not planning to? How can she be a dependent on an H1 visa that will no longer exist?

I am sorry I misunderstood what she told me. Actually her I-94 is expiring. Please dis-regard my previous question.

Thank you MOM! I have browsed thru the timeline each year and found out normally the timeline takes from couple weeks to couple months. Average probably 2~4 months.
Thanks again!

I'm from Los Angeles FO too, here in my signature you can check my timeline. LA is a busy office, so it is kind of normal timeframe if your case takes 3 months between the bio and the interview letter. ;)

Hello!

Thanks so much for help from all of you guys so far! I have finally reached the final stage! The interview will be two days from now. I have gone through the spreadsheet careful. Thanks a lot mom!

Any final tips on what to expect / bring except those listed on the appointment notice letter and originals of all documents submitted?

Thanks a lot again!

Hello!

Thanks so much for help from all of you guys so far! I have finally reached the final stage! The interview will be two days from now. I have gone through the spreadsheet careful. Thanks a lot mom!

Any final tips on what to expect / bring except those listed on the appointment notice letter and originals of all documents submitted?

Thanks a lot again!

Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet, there's a tab called Interview Tips I think. That should help. All the best with the interview.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have gone through that tips for more than 5 times. I'd like to know if there are any personal experience / tips in addition to that.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have gone through that tips for more than 5 times. I'd like to know if there are any personal experience / tips in addition to that.

Thanks a lot!

In that case I suggest you scan through the posts on this Thread and previous DV AOS threads in the forum - they are full of personal experiences.