• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I renewed my I 20 last year when I traveled home and it is still valid for August 2018 but actual visa on my passport is expiring end of this month.

The expiration date of your actual visa is irrelevant in this case. The visa is meant for admission into the US, and there's no way you can apply for a visa extension from the US anyways. You're good as long as your I-20 is still valid.

For my status it says
"On March 16, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by April 15, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request"
So I will wait until April 15 to request a card.

My husband's case " Interview was completed and case must be reviewed"
So what he did he went to two INFOPASS asking for any update and if they can send an inquiry to the officer. However, they refuse to send an inquiry they said your case is in the right timeline and you can send an inquiry after six months.

Then my husband explains that after six months he won't be eligible for the visa. On the April 19, he scheduled an INFOPASS what do you recommend

I edited your post and x'd out your receipt number - you shouldn't be posting such in a public forum.

Did you receive a USPS tracking number for the card? The card typically takes about 2 weeks once the we mailed your new card message comes up, it's weird you haven't received it by now. So yeah you need to follow up on it.

Regarding your husband's case, he should out rightly ask for a service enquiry to be sent to the interviewing IO. When next he goes, he should simply ask for the status of his case. He can also request to know if his background check is pending or has cleared.

I edited your post and x'd out your receipt number - you shouldn't be posting such in a public forum.

Did you receive a USPS tracking number for the card? The card typically takes about 2 weeks once the we mailed your new card message comes up, it's weird you haven't received it by now. So yeah you need to follow up on it.

Regarding your husband's case, he should out rightly ask for a service enquiry to be sent to the interviewing IO. When next he goes, he should simply ask for the status of his case. He can also request to know if his background check is pending or has cleared.

Thank you, Mom, for editing my post I forgot it is even there. No, I didn't receive a tracking number. I will be going to follow up on that. I will let my husband do what you recommended

Once you become a LPR, you're eligible for PELL grants through FAFSA (if you qualify) and any other student loan/financial aid you wish to apply for. You just need to inform your school of your new status.
Thanks mom. So in general, what's considered public assistance and what isn't?

Thanks mom. So in general, what's considered public assistance and what isn't?

Usually scholarships or financial aid for studies are not considered public charge...
But... Once you get the GC... My question is: Who cares? I mean, nobody is going to come to your house and take your GC back because you applied for government help, if being a LPR you are alegible for that help...

Usually scholarships or financial aid for studies are not considered public charge...
But... Once you get the GC... My question is: Who cares? I mean, nobody is going to come to your house and take your GC back because you applied for government help, if being a LPR you are alegible for that help...
Oh ok, so there's not more restrictions placed on dv lottery LPR than those who obtained their LPR through work or other ways

My AOS package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 03/29. The package was sent via USPS priority mail to:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

In the AOS spreadsheet, I see that there are people whose package was delivered as late as 04/05, and they have received the acceptance email/text. I thought the Lockbox processes the packages on a first-in-first-out basis. Should I be worried given the fact that my check has not been cashed yet (forget about getting the acceptance email)? I don't even know if the Lockbox has received my package (there is a small chance that USPS mistakenly delivered my package to a wrong PO Box). Please advise.

My AOS package was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 03/29. The package was sent via USPS priority mail to:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

In the AOS spreadsheet, I see that there are people whose package was delivered as late as 04/05, and they have received the acceptance email/text. I thought the Lockbox processes the packages on a first-in-first-out basis. Should I be worried given the fact that my check has not been cashed yet (forget about getting the acceptance email)? I don't even know if the Lockbox has received my package (there is a small chance that USPS mistakenly delivered my package to a wrong PO Box). Please advise.
Mine was delivered on 04/02. Still didnt receive any notification. Check has not been cashed yet. I am hoping to get update next week.

Hi Mom,
I have mailed my AOS package on Wednesday by USPS (prior mail).
Tracking of package:
April 15th 8:57 am Arrived at Post Office CHICAGO, IL 60680
April 15th 5:31 pm Your item arrived at the CHICAGO, IL 60606 post office at 5:31 pm on April 15, 2017 and is ready for pickup.

And it's still waiting for pickup!
I don't know why the zip code of pickup location is not 60680! Does USCIS pick up packages from this zip code?

I called USPS and the customer service says as it's PO BOX, the tracking situation will not be updated and USCIS will just pick it up! They said I can call and ask USCIS if they have picked it up or not!! So ridiculous!
What do you think? Is it usual? and can I follow that from USCIS or they will not respond in this regard?

Hi Mom,
I have mailed my AOS package on Wednesday by USPS (prior mail).
Tracking of package:
April 15th 8:57 am Arrived at Post Office CHICAGO, IL 60680
April 15th 5:31 pm Your item arrived at the CHICAGO, IL 60606 post office at 5:31 pm on April 15, 2017 and is ready for pickup.

And it's still waiting for pickup!
I don't know why the zip code of pickup location is not 60680! Does USCIS pick up packages from this zip code?

I called USPS and the customer service says as it's PO BOX, the tracking situation will not be updated and USCIS will just pick it up! They said I can call and ask USCIS if they have picked it up or not!! So ridiculous!
What do you think? Is it usual? and can I follow that from USCIS or they will not respond in this regard?

Stop stressing over nothing -standard procedure. RELAX!

Hi Mom,
I am filling i-485 and I have some questions.
I served military services in my country and I filled Part 3 -section C. But it was mandatory military services and after a short period very general training (45 days) I backed to an office and spend around 2 years military services without participating in ant military action/mission or... and do only administration staffs (typing and...). Now i am wondering how to answer Questions 15 and 18. should I say yes or No? In other word, Q15, 18 are complementary of "Part 3 -section C"?. It was around 20 years before and as I remember I even did not have any special weapon training.
Thanks for your help

Hi Mom,
I am filling i-485 and I have some questions.
I served military services in my country and I filled Part 3 -section C. But it was mandatory military services and after a short period very general training (45 days) I backed to an office and spend around 2 years military services without participating in ant military action/mission or... and do only administration staffs (typing and...). Now i am wondering how to answer Questions 15 and 18. should I say yes or No? In other word, Q15, 18 are complementary of "Part 3 -section C"?. It was around 20 years before and as I remember I even did not have any special weapon training.
Thanks for your help

Answering 'NO' would be an obvious lie, right? Serving in the military is serving in the military, regardless of the duration, or whether you served out in the fields or in an office. And mind your, question 18 isn't asking about special weapon training. It says: "Have you EVER received any type of military, paramilitary, or weapons training?" Notice the emphasis on the word "EVER" - even if your military (or paramilitary training as a matter of fact) was only for one day, you're required to answer YES. You can always attach a separate note explaining what your military time involved.

Stop stressing over nothing -standard procedure. RELAX!

Thanks for your response. I know pick up the packages by USCIS is usual procedure, BUT the tracking status of my package in USPS should not be changed to "Delivered" after pick up?! It's still "Ready for Pick up"!!
I guess USCIS should pickup the mails every day or at least every other day!

Thanks for your response. I know pick up the packages by USCIS is usual procedure, BUT the tracking status of my package in USPS should not be changed to "Delivered" after pick up?! It's still "Ready for Pick up"!!
I guess USCIS should pickup the mails every day or at least every other day!

Okay, keep stressing and analyzing USPS status updates/USCIS mail pick up procedure.