• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Called the USCIS customer service, and they asked me to wait for at least 10 days from the date on which they accepted my petition. It hasn't been 10 days yet. Also, the customer service representative mentioned that the USCIS might not send the paper-based NOA if one has signed up for email/text notifications (which I did), but I take it with a grain of salt.

I suppose it will show up eventually. And yeah, what they said about no paper NOA if one signed up for the text/email notification is BS.

I suppose it will show up eventually. And yeah, what they said about no paper NOA if one signed up for the text/email notification is BS.

It just showed up in my mailbox. Turns out, I was worried for no reason, but the bio letter showing up earlier than the NOA surprised me. Thanks everyone!

180 days of pending is now almost completed still nothing new. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard from ombudsman case.
E-request didn't work, their only answer on a mail was we can't tell you a timeframe.
It seems the case is not being processed, they simply put it away and there's no progress.

180 days of pending is now almost completed still nothing new. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard from ombudsman case.
E-request didn't work, their only answer on a mail was we can't tell you a timeframe.
It seems the case is not being processed, they simply put it away and there's no progress.

There's over 5 months of the fiscal year left.

Hi,

I'm also in the similar situation I used USPS express to mail my DV Lottery AOS package which, reached on April 16th and was signed by R Mercado. Since then I haven't seen my checks getting cashed. Can someone please share their experience?

Hi,

I'm also in the similar situation I used USPS express to mail my DV Lottery AOS package which, reached on April 16th and was signed by R Mercado. Since then I haven't seen my checks getting cashed. Can someone please share their experience?

Sameer, you shouldn't expect your check to be processed nor receive the acceptance notification for at least two weeks. I suggest checking out the Timeline spreadsheet linked from the AOS package preparation document on the first page of this thread. Request editing access and add your details so others can see your progress.

Hi ,
I have some questions in filling form i-485 for TN-1 status holder.
As you know TN-1 status is not a visa for that reason there is no "non immigrant visa number". the only document issued in the POE is I-94.
Now in Part 3 of form i-485, how to fill boxes when this TN-1 is a status not a visa?
I filled that part as you can see and need your opinion?
- Nonimmigrant Visa number-------- i left that box empty because TN-1 status is not a visa and there is no visa number
-Consulate where visa was issued----------I put that statement "TN issued at Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY"
-Date visa issued --------------- I put the date that TN-1 status issued at the POE. for example" TN issued on 12/25/2016"
Is it the correct way that I filled form?

thanks

Hello Mom,
Update- I went to the info pass they were shocked that I didn't receive my Green Card nor the tracking number. They gave me the tracking number, and it says delivered on March 18 to the front desk. I went to the reception at my complex they don't have it. The FO said investigate with the USPS. The postal office sends me an apology letter of a lost package.
Now am I going to pay for another green card even though, I didn't receive the tracking number from them. Should I call the KCC? I am not sure what do you recommend

Hello Mom,
Update- I went to the info pass they were shocked that I didn't receive my Green Card nor the tracking number. They gave me the tracking number, and it says delivered on March 18 to the front desk. I went to the reception at my complex they don't have it. The FO said investigate with the USPS. The postal office sends me an apology letter of a lost package.
Now am I going to pay for another green card even though, I didn't receive the tracking number from them. Should I call the KCC? I am not sure what do you recommend
You may want to fill out this "e-Request of Non-Delivery of Card" form: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init

Hi ,
I have some questions in filling form i-485 for TN-1 status holder.
As you know TN-1 status is not a visa for that reason there is no "non immigrant visa number". the only document issued in the POE is I-94.
Now in Part 3 of form i-485, how to fill boxes when this TN-1 is a status not a visa?
I filled that part as you can see and need your opinion?
- Nonimmigrant Visa number-------- i left that box empty because TN-1 status is not a visa and there is no visa number
-Consulate where visa was issued----------I put that statement "TN issued at Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY"
-Date visa issued --------------- I put the date that TN-1 status issued at the POE. for example" TN issued on 12/25/2016"
Is it the correct way that I filled form?

thanks

That should be okay. You should also consider putting N/A where it's asking for the visa number.

Hello Mom,

Unfortunately there's nothing KCC can do about this. Fill out the none delivery form @beau already linked you to above.

You also need to go back to USPS to find out what they intend to do about the lost mail, an apology letter is not enough.

That should be okay. You should also consider putting N/A where it's asking for the visa number.
Thanks Mom,
one thing that always made me confused is inconsistency between instructions to fill the forms. Sometimes they asked to put "N/A" and sometimes asked to put "None" and for example in i-485 asked to "leave the space blank".

How to fill out form i-485, page 3 of instructions:
"....
3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an items is not applicable or the answer is "none, leave the space blank"

now , what do you think should I put"N/A" or "leave the space blank". Do you think it is really important?

Is there any difference between DV based AOS backgorund check time frame and other types of AOS backgorund check?
Do they consider that DV based AOS has deadline?

Thanks Mom,
one thing that always made me confused is inconsistency between instructions to fill the forms. Sometimes they asked to put "N/A" and sometimes asked to put "None" and for example in i-485 asked to "leave the space blank".

How to fill out form i-485, page 3 of instructions:
"....
3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an items is not applicable or the answer is "none, leave the space blank"

now , what do you think should I put"N/A" or "leave the space blank". Do you think it is really important?

I suppose you'll have to use your best judgement.

Unfortunately there's nothing KCC can do about this. Fill out the none delivery form @beau already linked you to above.

You also need to go back to USPS to find out what they intend to do about the lost mail, an apology letter is not enough.

Thank you, Mom and Beau. I already did the e-Request of Non-Delivery of Card on April 15th they said they will get back to me on May 05.

Is there any difference between DV based AOS backgorund check time frame and other types of AOS backgorund check?
Do they consider that DV based AOS has deadline?

Yes priority is always given to DV based background checks - but no guarantees on completion by the end of the FY. They tend to do their best.

Hi Guys
I have a question regarding lockbox processing.
So, my (lottey winner) and my spouses package was delivered on 04/02. Checks were cashed last Friday.
My wife who is applying for AOS with me received 2 emails and 2 text messages with 2 different receipt numbers (MSC...). However I didnt receive anything. Should I assume that one receipt number is for my application?

To Those Who Want File I-485,
Make sure use the latest version of forms. I sent my package using I-485 which is expired on 10/31/2017. They rejected and asked me to resend using new form.

Hi Guys
I have a question regarding lockbox processing.
So, my (lottey winner) and my spouses package was delivered on 04/02. Checks were cashed last Friday.
My wife who is applying for AOS with me received 2 emails and 2 text messages with 2 different receipt numbers (MSC...). However I didnt receive anything. Should I assume that one receipt number is for my application?

Yes, only one person gets the notification. One of it is for you