• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, there are still super-moderators who think it is wishful thinking.

wtf are you talking about? did you see my signature?

No, it is not. Here is why: I have been partaking in DV since 2006 and eventually got my GC back in 2010. Every year twice I come visit this site and help people out as much as I can. No idea who this Britsimon guy is, but the fact is no one has won until now. There defenitely seems to be some kind of a glitch in the system. It surely is not wishful thinking, so don't dash people's hope.

First.. Mind your attitude please - there really is no need for your sour comments. We have a happy/cooperative forum here and if you can't accept and add to that in a polite way you would be better off staying away.

Second. There may be a system glitch. I'm sure you have no idea but there was something like that last year in the first couple of days. However, calm is what is needed, and guarded comments. Not blanket statements in the first few hours after the draw when clearly there is no chance that 10 million people would have checked. Further, my comments were not dashing peoples hope - just trying to avoid people jumping to a conclusion that will only become clear by waiting. Perhaps you don't understand that approach, but I do, and as one of the moderators here that is my prerogative - to moderate...

Third. I've just read your comments over the last few years. You seem to average about 5 or 6 posts a year doing as much as you can. Marvellous. Well done you. I've done a little more than that (about 5000 posts a year more than that here and a blog taking 80000 hits a month to help people through the DV process) but yeah, how were you supposed to know.... since you spend 15 minutes a year here. Pro Bono.

FYI, there is supposedly a winner on a russian speaking forum on greencard.by. He was asking others to translate the message "you are among those randomly selected for further processing" one hour in. As far as I know he is the only one so far.
I am on that forum as well, but that thread didn't seem credible to most people over there. Yeah, this is weird. Did they screw up again? They had 5 more days this year.

Seriously if this is a system glitch again, The U.S dept of State really needs to fire the software developer who made this program. I understand there are hundreds of thousands trying to check their entries right now, but really???! This happens every time which is why im not even bothering to check my status right now.

"You have been randomly selected for further processing........."
interesting. Thank you. Guys are just having fun, and playing people's minds.if there was a legitimate winner, they would have atleast shown us a snap shot of the real letter. so let us keep Calm.

Seriously if this is a system glitch again, The U.S dept of State really needs to fire the software developer who made this program. I understand there are hundreds of thousands trying to check their entries right now, but really???! This happens every time which is why im not even bothering to check my status right now.
come on, check your status !! It makes no difference.After all, if its a glitch, it will show "NOT SELECTED"

First.. Mind your attitude please - there really is no need for your sour comments. We have a happy/cooperative forum here and if you can't accept and add to that in a polite way you would be better off staying away.

Second. There may be a system glitch. I'm sure you have no idea but there was something like that last year in the first couple of days. However, calm is what is needed, and guarded comments. Not blanket statements in the first few hours after the draw when clearly there is no chance that 10 million people would have checked. Further, my comments were not dashing peoples hope - just trying to avoid people jumping to a conclusion that will only become clear by waiting. Perhaps you don't understand that approach, but I do, and as one of the moderators here that is my prerogative - to moderate...

Third. I've just read your comments over the last few years. You seem to average about 5 or 6 posts a year doing as much as you can. Marvellous. Well done you. I've done a little more than that (about 5000 posts a year more than that here and a blog taking 80000 hits a month to help people through the DV process) but yeah, how were you supposed to know.... since you spend 15 minutes a year here. Pro Bono.

Never seen you back in 2010? Surely not that avatar? Were you there? You have quite a following here, being placated by everyone. Good luck to you if you enjoy that. But I am not one of them. It is you who has an arrogant attitude problem. Jeez!

By the way you had just posted saying:
Obviously someone entering multiple times and never being selected gives one SOOOO much more insight than actually going through the process and getting the GC in the end. I have underestimated them, apparently, and in my attempt to calm them down and get them to wait I obviously insulted a bunch of people leading to the well deserved and totally on point chastisement.

Sheesh.

Now, you went back to my posts from 5 years ago to discover the opposite?

Never seen you back in 2010? Surely not that avatar? Were you there? You have quite a following here, being placated by everyone. Good luck to you if you enjoy that. But I am not one of them. It is you who has an arrogant attitude problem. Jeez!

What, exactly, is your problem dude? You come on here for the first time in ages, insult someone who is almost universally respected here because of the effort he puts in for people, then get upset when you get called out on it?

So what if he goes back after you claim something to verify what you said? That seems a perfectly logical thing to me to do. Why do you have an issue with it?

whats the link to that Russian forum please? thank you!
I can name 2 main forums:
www govorimpro. us/лотерея-green-card-dv-2016-112/
And vk dot com/all_about_usa
I'm the admin of the second one, and I confirm that this is the first time we don't see any SELECTED report yet

Have you guys noticed one point - the webpage of NOT getting selected is displayed very fast ...... faster then the link to check the DV2016 result.....my imagination would be atleast it should take some seconds to refer the database and then publish......sorry but just thought of posting this view..
There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for that: They need the check every query against the winners only, which is 100,000 (or so). Now, 16 characters for confirmation number + 4 characters for year of birth (assuming they learned their lesson from Y2K problem-2 otherwise) + say 20 characters for the last name => 100,000 x (40 bytes) gives not even 4 MB's which can easily fit in cache memory hence the fast responses.
I understand the emotional investment people put into this program, but ... Better luck next year.

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for that: They need the check every query against the winners only, which is 100,000 (or so). Now, 16 characters for confirmation number + 4 characters for year of birth (assuming they learned their lesson from Y2K problem-2 otherwise) + say 20 characters for the last name => 100,000 x (40 bytes) gives not even 4 MB's which can easily fit in cache memory hence the fast responses.
I understand the emotional investment people put into this program, but ... Better luck next year.
OK I understand your viewpoint - thanks.....better luck next year for me!!

As opposed to everyone here who is making you a bad person, you are not in my opinion, all you are saying is Bristsimon should not be so quick to crush people's hopes and deny the possibility as if he works there. there could be a system glitch. Almost universally respected, you are right about that but as for me all the things Bristimon gives info about are clearly articulated on the Div website. We are all the same here noone knows, noone has special information about the program thats not already on the website. If there is a glitch time will tell... . Thats my opinion..

Last edited:

last year I hear there were ppl not selected that turned selected, and selected that turned non-selected..so if something went wrong, it might not be as simple as that

actually, maybe KCC does not even think there are problems...someone has to contact them such that they can check

actually, maybe KCC does not even think there are problems...someone has to contact them such that they can check
Would have to wait until tmrw or a few days becuase no one would be in office for them until tomorrow so they will have to then work throuhg their system to see if there is actually a problem or not

Status
Not open for further replies.