• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone,
congratulation for all winners
i need to find if there is any DV2016 moroccan female winners in this forum ?
as a DV2016 female winner i want to ask them some questions

thanks

Hello everyone,
congratulation for all winners
i need to find if there is any DV2016 moroccan female winners in this forum ?
as a DV2016 female winner i want to ask them some questions

thanks
I think there is some Moroccan female winners but in another Arabic forum, i don't think we are allowed to share websites here, so just pm me and i will write it to you.

Hi everyone.
Is there any DV2016 winner who is living in S.Korea ?
I checked CEAC and found some cases but i have no more information.
Appreciate if someone help me.

Dear Guys & Experts,

I am a 2016 winner and my case number will be be going current in a couple of months as i expect.

However with regard to the VISA application form I stated as currently working in a company.
But now I am planning to leave the company in a couple of weeks and join a new company will this play any significant role in the interview.

Or what if i resign from the company now and stay jobless till the interview.

Awaiting your comments.

Last edited:
Dear Guys & Experts,

I am a 2016 winner and my case number will be be going current in a couple of months as i expect.

However with regard to the VISA application form I stated as currently working in a company.
But now I am planning to leave the company in a couple of weeks and join a new company will this play any significant role in the interview.

Awaiting your comments.

Dear Guys & Experts,

Awaiting your comments.

No impact.

Hi,
I have a few doubts regarding the change of address procedure for the DV lottery winners. We are not going to live at the address we listed in our ds-260 forms. If I understood it correctly, at the POE we'll have to ask the CBP officer to change it for us. But after reading several comments in various immigration forums I've got an idea that the best thing to do in this situation would be to change the address at the uscis site using the ar-11 form. I have a question regarding the procedure: can we do it before we enter the USA and activate our LPR status' (our GC issuance fees have been paid and we have our receipt numbers already)? Or can that be done only upon entering the country?

Thanking you all in advance.

Hi,
I have a few doubts regarding the change of address procedure for the DV lottery winners. We are not going to live at the address we listed in our ds-260 forms. If I understood it correctly, at the POE we'll have to ask the CBP officer to change it for us. But after reading several comments in various immigration forums I've got an idea that the best thing to do in this situation would be to change the address at the uscis site using the ar-11 form. I have a question regarding the procedure: can we do it before we enter the USA and activate our LPR status' (our GC issuance fees have been paid and we have our receipt numbers already)? Or can that be done only upon entering the country?

Thanking you all in advance.

You cannot change your address using AR-11 until you have entered. That is why people tell you to do it at the POE. If you move again after entering, you would update USCIS using the AR-11 - and you are obliged to do so within 10 days of moving. However, that will not change where your GC is sent - it will be sent to the address mentioned at the POE.

... That is why people tell you to do it at the POE. If you move again after entering, you would update USCIS using the AR-11 - and you are obliged to do so within 10 days of moving. However, that will not change where your GC is sent - it will be sent to the address mentioned at the POE.

Thank you for your reply, Simon.

I read about a few instances when border protection officers refuse to change the address at the POE, saying that an immigrant has to do it online or by regular mail which is why I was wondering that maybe the address changing can be done online before entering the US. But looks like it is impossible at least until the LPR status has been activated at the POE. Thanks again.

Thank you for your reply, Simon.

I read about a few instances when border protection officers refuse to change the address at the POE, saying that an immigrant has to do it online or by regular mail which is why I was wondering that maybe the address changing can be done online before entering the US. But looks like it is impossible at least until the LPR status has been activated at the POE. Thanks again.

Just so you know, if you initiate the change of address online immediately after entering the US (on the basis of the LPR status as been activated at the POE), your GC will most likely still get sent to the previous address. It takes a while for the system to reconcile address changes done using the AP-11 form. Your best bet for changing the address after an interview is still at the POE.

I read about a few instances when border protection officers refuse to change the address at the POE, saying that an immigrant has to do it online or by regular mail.

Some have done this although it is incorrect and they should change it at POE. Our CBP officer even asked us if we needed to change the address when we entered. So chances are you will be OK changing it when you enter and if you get someone who says they can't, you can perhaps gently say that you were told that you can, or if your entry CBP officer refuses you can try ask the officer who does your secondary processing for immigrants if he/she can change it (if like us it is not the same person as the first CBP guy you meet).

Thank you much for your replies,

We'll definitely try to do this at the POE then. Just one last question about the new immigrants processing time at the POE: how long does it usually take or how long did it take you to get "processed"? We have a connecting flight in Atlanta (3h 15 min. between flights). Is this going to be enough? Thank you.

We'll definitely try to do this at the POE then. Just one last question about the new immigrants processing time at the POE: how long does it usually take or how long did it take you to get "processed"? We have a connecting flight in Atlanta (3h 15 min. between flights). Is this going to be enough? Thank you.

That will be very tight. I normally say 4 hours minimum - especially at a large airport. Atlanta is one of the busiest airports in the world.

It's a "how long is a piece of string" question, dependent on both the airport and the time of day you land, and dependent both on the normal queue at immigration and the queue at secondary. People have reported anything from 20 minutes to 4 hours. I'd personally be a little stressed by 3h between flights...if you're economy class you probably won't get off the plane for at least 15 minutes after its landed, and you'll have to clear customs with your baggage before transferring. Those 2 probably already use up half an hour then. It might be enough time if the line is not too bad and secondary not too long. I'd always err on the side of caution - I'd personally rather waste an hour surfing free airport wifi than deal with missed connections.

Thank you,

Well, unfortunately, the tickets are purchased already. There isn't much I can do about it unless I want to change the booking which will involve some re-booking fees. I used to travel a lot on a C1/D visa that also involved additional processing for crew members and it never took me longer than 2 hours but, of course new immigrants processing must be quite different. Looks like we'll be stressing out a bit during the whole thing. We'll be arriving at about 9 am, so, hopefully. we'll be cleared fast...

i am registering for courier. i have put everything on the check boxs with out a problem . but there is this box asking for DS 260 NUMBER , AND I COULDN'T FIND THIS NUMBER ANYWHERE IN MY FORM . PLZ can anyone help me with this situation ?? where can i find this (DS 260) number ??