• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

thanks EURO2014
Your are welcome. Please be aware that this will be a somewhat complex and expensive proposition, intended for cases "when no other form of credible evidence is available...". Are you sure you won't be able to present other objective, credible documentary evidence establishing paternity?

Your are welcome. Please be aware that this will be a somewhat complex and expensive proposition, intended for cases "when no other form of credible evidence is available...". Are you sure you won't be able to present other objective, credible documentary evidence establishing paternity?

He doesn't really have an option, if that's what he's been told to get by the CO. Clearly the CO did not think he had sufficient documentary evidence.

as susieQQQ have said I don't have an option, the CO was specific on that, only when I do a DNA test is when my case will continue processing.
All I have to do is dance by CO's tune!

as susieQQQ have said I don't have an option, the CO was specific on that, only when I do a DNA test is when my case will continue processing.
All I have to do is dance by CO's tune!
Sure, you got to do what you got to do. Of course "a few pictures" were not able to do the trick at the interview. Just wondered what, for example, the birth certificate of your son says in terms of paternity. Now, as I had said, if there is no other trace of documentary evidence that this is your child, of course you have to establish this fact through other means, in this case NDA testing. Very best of luck!

Sure, you got to do what you got do. Of course "a few pictures" were not able to do the trick at the interview. Just wondered what, for example, the birth certificate of your son says in terms of paternity. Now, as I had said, if there is no other trace of documentary evidence that this is your child, of course you have to establish this fact through other means, in this case NDA testing. Very best of luck!
thanks a lot,
as I had said before, what made the CO more suspicious is a common family name in both of us. we had few photos for our wedding and others in different occasions but the eye Blow's had already been raised, she left her sit with our photos, birth certificates and went for few minutes for consultation, when she came back , AP!, reason do DNA for prove of RELATIONSHIP. that was it.

thanks a lot,
as I had said before, what made the CO more suspicious is a common family name in both of us. we had few photos for our wedding and others in different occasions but the eye Blow's had already been raised, she left her sit with our photos, birth certificates and went for few minutes for consultation, when she came back , AP!, reason do DNA for prove of RELATIONSHIP. that was it.
So may be I misunderstood, then. This is not about proving paternity of your son (born to your wife and you), but about the fact whether or not your wife and you are not related by blood? Just want to make sure to get the facts right in order to be able to possibly provide meaningful input...

So may be I misunderstood, then. This is not about proving paternity of your son (born to your wife and you), but about the fact whether or not your wife and you are not related by blood? Just want to make sure to get the facts right in order to be able to possibly provide meaningful input...
defiantly that's it, they thought maybe me and my wife we are blood related, they just want to clear their doubts, since the test will prove it by stating if for sure am the biological father to my son which I am, and have no doubts about that

defiantly that's it, they thought maybe me and my wife we are blood related, they just want to clear their doubts, since the test will prove it by stating if for sure am the biological father to my son which I am, and have no doubts about that
You have to be 100% sure what the issue is that may need to be cleared up through NDA testing! Testing on whether your son was born to you and your wife or whether you and your wife are blood related, which may or may not invalidate the marriage, are two very different things. Maybe I keep misunderstanding the gist on this and someone else needs to step in to help out, yet clearly NDA testing is a lengthy and very expensive process and, at a minimum, it needs to absolutely clear what specific relationship you or the CO seek to prove here...

What I do not understand is this: if you and your wife are legally married (Traditional or otherwise) and you have proved as much, and your son's birth certificate states that your wife is the mother and your are the father of the child, then hell what is causing the problem: that you somehow share some middle name with someone else in the extended family!?!

You have to be 100% sure what the issue is that may need to be cleared up through NDA testing! Testing on whether your son was born to you and your wife or whether you and your wife are blood related, which may or may not invalidate the marriage, are two very different things. Maybe I keep misunderstanding the gist on this and someone else needs to step in to help out, yet clearly NDA testing is a lengthy and very expensive process and, at a minimum, it needs to absolutely clear what specific relationship you or the CO seek to prove here...

What I do not understand is this: if you and your wife are legally married and you proved as much, and your son's birth certificate states that your wife is the mother and your are the father of the child, then hell what is causing the problem: that you somehow share some middle name with someone else in the extended family!?!
CO stated that the test should be done on me and my son, didn't state my wife.

CO stated that the test should be done on me and my son, didn't state my wife.
OK, this means that they are unsure whether or not you are the father of the child, which nevertheless is highly unusual if the child was born to your wife and you were married together covering the time of birth. Even if you were not the biological father of the child, the birth certificate should declare you and your wife to be the parents of the child as you are a married couple, as far as I understand.

Nevertheless, if you have no other way to prove that you are the father of the child, born to your wife, then at all means you have to look into NDA testing, the process for which I sent you earlier. This is a lengthy and expensive process managed through a US laboratory (see links I sent you). If you have to, better get started now to finish before September.

Somehow I continue to fail to understand origination of the underlying issue, though.

OK, this means that they are unsure whether or not you are the father of the child, which nevertheless is highly unusual if the child was born to your wife and you are married together covering the time of birth. Even if you were not the biological father of the child, the birth certificate should declare you and your wife to be the parents of the child as you are a married couple, as far as I understand.

Nevertheless, if you have no other way to prove that you are the father of the child, born to your wife, then at all means you have to look into NDA testing, the process for which I sent you earlier. This is a lengthy and expensive process managed through a US laboratory (see links I sent you). If you have to, better get started now to finish before September.

Somehow I continue to fail to understand origination of the underlying issue, though.
God have mercy on me

OK, this means that they are unsure whether or not you are the father of the child, which nevertheless is highly unusual if the child was born to your wife and you were married together covering the time of birth. Even if you were not the biological father of the child, the birth certificate should declare you and your wife to be the parents of the child as you are a married couple, as far as I understand.

I honestly don't think it matters precisely why the OP is on AP - be it because of the common name, or an attempt to establish the child's paternity. A paternity test has been requested, absolutely nothing else the OP can do outside of doing that. It's not the first time/case where a DV petitioner has been asked to do a paternity test before an IV gets issued.

I honestly don't think it matters precisely why the OP is on AP - be it because of the common name, or an attempt to establish the child's paternity. A paternity test has been requested, absolutely nothing else the OP can do outside of doing that. It's not the first time/case where a DV petitioner has been asked to do a paternity test before an IV gets issued.
Might be this is a cultural thing, yet we certainly would have raised hell with the CO at the time of the interview if somebody would have dared to doubt the lineage of one of our children. Yet, it is what it is, he has the detailed DNA testing instructions available from DOS website, interesting in case we'd hear back how they will fare...

Might be this is a cultural thing, yet we certainly would have raised hell with the CO at the time of the interview if somebody would have dared to doubt the lineage of one of our children. Yet, it is what it is, he has the detailed DNA testing instructions available from DOS website, interesting in case we'd hear back how they will fare...

I don't see what cultural background has to do with it. OP got married (and had a child after DV selection). Quite normal for the CO to opt for a DNA test as a means of determining the authenticity of the OP's relationship with the child and the child's mom.

And yes, if you had been in a similar situation (got married/had a child following DV selection) and the CO asks for a DNA, I'm certain whatever hell you end up raising with the CO wouldn't have resulted in the petition being approved. You would have had the option of either dancing to the CO's tune or 'raise hell' and tell the CO to 'stuff' his visa. I'm sure the OP equally has that option too.

The veracity of official documents where you come from is different too.
As for raising hell, well, good luck with that. If the CO is not satisfied, no visa, no matter how much you yell at him/her. The fact that there is detailed info on this on the DoS website, as you so helpfully point out, tells you it's not that as rare a request as you are trying to imply.

I'm also not sure what the point of all your long posts on this subject is, other than to upset the poster even more, seeing as he has no other option than to get it done. What's the point of going on about the fact that you think he should have 'raised hell'?

I don't see what cultural background has to do with it. OP got married (and had a child after DV selection). Quite normal for the CO to opt for a DNA test as a means of determining the authenticity of the OP's relationship with the child and the child's mom.

And yes, if you had been in a similar situation (got married/had a child following DV selection) and the CO asks for a DNA, I'm certain whatever hell you end up raising with the CO wouldn't have resulted in the petition being approved. You would have had the option of either dancing to the CO's tune or 'raise hell' and tell the CO to 'stuff' his visa. I'm sure the OP equally has that option too.
If OP was legally married (traditional or otherwise), any child born into the existing marriage would automatically be considered born to the wife and OP, a fact presumably supported by the birth certificate for the child presented at the interview. Of course the CO has to follow legal rules and regulations, well established by US law. And I can assure you, the CO would have had to pay hell if (s)he would have acted not in full accordance with the law. A formal complaint would have landed right on the table of the US Ambassador, who by coincidence we happen to know well in person.

Anyway, as I already said, it is what it is and the OP is now facing the exciting task of managing and paying for an US based DNA test :confused:

If OP was legally married (traditional or otherwise), any child born into the existing marriage would automatically be considered born to the wife and OP, a fact presumably supported by the birth certificate for the child presented at the interview. Of course the CO has to follow legal rules and regulations, well established by US law. And I can assure you, the CO would have had to pay hell if (s)he would have acted not in full accordance with the law. A formal complaint would have landed right on the table of the US Ambassador, who by coincidence we happen to know well in person.

Anyway, as I already said, it is what it is and the OP is now facing the exciting task of managing and paying for an US based DNA test :confused:

In countries where documentation like birth certs are much less reliable, it is totally understandable that a DNA test is requested. Requesting such a test is obviously within their powers, so whilst you or others may have been outraged, the CO has the right to request what he wants - so I'm not sure why you think it would not have been "in full accordance with the law".

So you think knowing people gets you special favors?
Gee, this gets better and better.

In countries where documentation like birth certs are much less reliable, it is totally understandable that a DNA test is requested. Requesting such a test is obviously within their powers, so whilst you or others may have been outraged, the CO has the right to request what he wants - so I'm not sure why you think it would not have been "in full accordance with the law".

Oh, he's just changing his wording/argument now that he realizes what he wrote before was indefensible.
Sheesh.