• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

What @SusieQQQ said.

It's worth assuming that they know everything, so there is no point in lying or trying to cheat (which could earn you a lifetime ban from the US).

Hi folks - another updating-the-260 question, and a travel one:

I'm taking a redundancy this month (because I had the chance to now but not later), and planning to take some time off, then travel for a few months, and return to Sydney later in the year to get a time-filling job or two while I wait for my case number to come up.
Is it fine to wait to update the form with "current employment" information once I have an interview scheduled, or would it be necessary to get it unlocked and changed to "currently unemployed" and then changed again later? I'd assume that even if they contact my employer, that it would be fine to have confirmed that I was there for over a decade and recently made redundant - so the information was accurate at the time I submitted my application - but don't want to blow it on this assumption!

Also, would there be any issue with getting a new ESTA and entering the US a couple of times while my application is pending? If not, should I then update my DS-260 to change my last five times of entry, or will it being correct at time of submission be okay?

Thanks in advance again!

Hi folks - another updating-the-260 question, and a travel one:

I'm taking a redundancy this month (because I had the chance to now but not later), and planning to take some time off, then travel for a few months, and return to Sydney later in the year to get a time-filling job or two while I wait for my case number to come up.
Is it fine to wait to update the form with "current employment" information once I have an interview scheduled, or would it be necessary to get it unlocked and changed to "currently unemployed" and then changed again later? I'd assume that even if they contact my employer, that it would be fine to have confirmed that I was there for over a decade and recently made redundant - so the information was accurate at the time I submitted my application - but don't want to blow it on this assumption!

Also, would there be any issue with getting a new ESTA and entering the US a couple of times while my application is pending? If not, should I then update my DS-260 to change my last five times of entry, or will it being correct at time of submission be okay?

Thanks in advance again!

You don't have to keep your DS260 right up to date as you make avery career change. You can do that later prior to being scheduled - and if the change is minor (changed from one job you were going to leave anyway to another job you are going to leave) it can even be updated at the interview.

There are others who have entered on ESTA and B1s while the DV process was pending with no issues.

And point of correction......
Is one really needed to resign when goin to the interview because they say having been selected its not a garantee that you wil recieve a visa....?
And which types of jobs are case sencitive to the embassy that tthey may find hand approving you for a visa ?

And point of correction......
Is one really needed to resign when goin to the interview because they say having been selected its not a garantee that you wil recieve a visa....?
And which types of jobs are case sencitive to the embassy that tthey may find hand approving you for a visa ?

They specifically tell you not to resign, book tickets etc before the interview.
If you have worked in a sensitive job, it's not going to matter to them if you resign it before or after the interview, it will still be investigated.

I work in a sensitive job. I have negative vetting security clearances. I assume they investigated those clearances when they did my background checks. It was not a problem at interview.

Hi,

I was wondering how much notice you get for the interview. As far as I can tell it is about two months.

Also do any of you know how recent the police check needs to be. For example I left the UK in 2011 I have a police check from 2012 already could I rely on this or should I get a new one?

Thanks.

Hi,

I was wondering how much notice you get for the interview. As far as I can tell it is about two months.

Also do any of you know how recent the police check needs to be. For example I left the UK in 2011 I have a police check from 2012 already could I rely on this or should I get a new one?

Thanks.

From the US consulate in Sydney:

"A police certificate is also required from each country where the applicant was arrested for any reason, or appeared as a defendant before a judge for any reason, regardless of the duration of residence in that country. Each police certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that country."

You meet that requirement, however your police check is very long in the tooth. I'd get a new one. Officer might wonder if there's some outstanding conviction recorded in absentia.

Time between notification and interview varies between six weeks and two months. Six weeks if you interview at the start of the month. Two months if you're towards the middle and end.

I'd get the police check done again if I were you. They may accept it but I wouldn't risk it, especially since the ACRO check does take up to a month to get gone and posted over here. So it's not a check that can be easily and swiftly redone should they not accept it.

Guyz.....need some help...
In this case...you have been scheduled for interview...perhaps letz say on january...and one is employed and on contract basis which in this case itz suppost to end on appril....
And after or during the interview process...culd one be denied the visa cause of that contract or can the embassy consider your case and approve you and during this 6 months of preparation you clear everything with your employer ?

Guyz.....need some help...
In this case...you have been scheduled for interview...perhaps letz say on january...and one is employed and on contract basis which in this case itz suppost to end on appril....
And after or during the interview process...culd one be denied the visa cause of that contract or can the embassy consider your case and approve you and during this 6 months of preparation you clear everything with your employer ?

No, the embassy cannot deny a person for taking on a new job contract while waiting for their interview date. It will be up to you to ensure you travel before the expiry date of your visa if approved.

T
No, the embassy cannot deny a person for taking on a new job contract while waiting for their interview date. It will be up to you to ensure you travel before the expiry date of your visa if approved.
Thanks for that....you are really of big help.....

Hi all,

Just wanted to check have most of you submitted the DS260 form?

I did it on Sunday which I think should be fine. I am not sure how accurately one can predict when the interview would be scheduled for but with a number of OC0005xx I would think it will be around January - February.

Cheers