• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Hi all,

Just wanted to check have most of you submitted the DS260 form?

I did it on Sunday which I think should be fine. I am not sure how accurately one can predict when the interview would be scheduled for but with a number of OC0005xx I would think it will be around January - February.

Cheers

I'd say most haven't.

I submitted mine mid-May, there's probably a number of people on here that have already submitted, but keep in mind this forum probably isn't representative of the majority of selectees. The most eager of us are likely to have congregated on here. :p Hopefully there will be no delays with processing this year, surely the KCC should have sorted themselves out by now... :eek:

Last edited:
Hi all,
Bit of a strange question but does anyone know if the photo that was submitted during the lottery entry is looked at again? I realised after I had submitted it that the program I used had very slightly stretched it.. Truthfully, I didn't think I had a hope of winning because of that, so really didn't think of it again. But I was selected, and have sent through my DS260 form and now feel like I'm in a large pickle! I read about people submitting a copy of their new marriage certificate to the KCC with their DS260 form so I was wondering if you think I should send in a copy of a new US passport size photo that I have had taken? It will be devastating if I'm ruined my chance .. half of the blogs I've read about it say 'if you "won" then the photo passed the requirements' and others are just too vague. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi all,
Bit of a strange question but does anyone know if the photo that was submitted during the lottery entry is looked at again? I realised after I had submitted it that the program I used had very slightly stretched it.. Truthfully, I didn't think I had a hope of winning because of that, so really didn't think of it again. But I was selected, and have sent through my DS260 form and now feel like I'm in a large pickle! I read about people submitting a copy of their new marriage certificate to the KCC with their DS260 form so I was wondering if you think I should send in a copy of a new US passport size photo that I have had taken? It will be devastating if I'm ruined my chance .. half of the blogs I've read about it say 'if you "won" then the photo passed the requirements' and others are just too vague. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

They do recheck the photos and there have been reports of rejection at interview stage because of problems with the entry photo. So I guess it depends how closely the CO will check and how "very slight" the stretch is... Sending in a new photo is unlikely to do anything other than definitively focus the CO's mind on the problem with the original photo, I would think.

All the entry does is a computer check on some basic stuff in the photo. People have done things like run photos of dogs through the photo check and it accepts them, so just having the entry accepted is no guarantee unfortunately.

I'd say most haven't.

I haven't yet. I really should, though.

Truth is that last year I did it straight away. But this year, being at the back of the queue has made me more circumspect about the whole thing. I know it's probably a silly concern, but, hilariously, 900 is a high number in 2016. High numbers have a history of being shafted in the 'new normal' - and I don't have another DV2015 in me!

So I'll do it when I get round to it :cool:

I haven't yet. I really should, though.

Truth is that last year I did it straight away. But this year, being at the back of the queue has made me more circumspect about the whole thing. I know it's probably a silly concern, but, hilariously, 900 is a high number in 2016. High numbers have a history of being shafted in the 'new normal' - and I don't have another DV2015 in me!

So I'll do it when I get round to it :cool:

I would have thought 900 was a good number as the allocation cut off is already at 1250 for Oceania.

Do you think you will not get an interview? What numbers are likely to get interviews for OC do you reckon?

Cheers and good luck.

I would have thought 900 was a good number as the allocation cut off is already at 1250 for Oceania.

Do you think you will not get an interview? What numbers are likely to get interviews for OC do you reckon?

Cheers and good luck.

I'd say that there's a very good chance. But it's wise not to preempt anything in this process!

hi everyone, I've just joined as my husband was lucky enough to be selected in May this year for DV-2016!

Our case number is OC2016000005xx (low 500s) and we're from Australia.

Based on this case number can anyone give me a ballpark of when you think we'll receive an interview?

Is the process as follows:

- Receive 2NL letter advising when interview is (how long before interview date does this get sent? We completed our D260 form mid-May)
- Prepare docs, including police checks
- Get medical
- Attend interview in Sydney

?

I saw in another thread that one person was concerned they had to get multiple police checks as they had moved around a fair bit in Australia. We have done the same and I'd hate to think we'd have to get a police check for every single region we've lived in for more than 6 months.

I also want to know what we need to prove in terms of funds. Do they want to see evidence of a large pool of savings during the interview? What amount is a safe amount to be able to show? I also saw a note about ensuring you have a credit card history, some people were suggesting getting an AMEX card... happy to hear everyone's thoughts.

You only need one check, which is the AFP check. It needs to be a full disclosure check that includes all spent and unspent offences.

In terms of proof of funds, they don't really ask for that in Sydney. But you should be prepared for show $10000 USD for each adult. You just need assets. Houses, cars, cash, investments, pension / superannuation.

They don't care about the credit card history for the purposes of the visa. But it's important to have a credit history before you get there to live as it makes it easier to get credit cards, phones, car loans etc. Get an AMEX and use it and then transfer your credit history over to the US. Or go with a bank that will recognise your Australian credit history in the US (like Citibank or HSBC).

Low 500s, I'd guess January or February 2016 for an interview.

You only need one check, which is the AFP check. It needs to be a full disclosure check that includes all spent and unspent offences.

In terms of proof of funds, they don't really ask for that in Sydney. But you should be prepared for show $10000 USD for each adult. You just need assets. Houses, cars, cash, investments, pension / superannuation.

They don't care about the credit card history for the purposes of the visa. But it's important to have a credit history before you get there to live as it makes it easier to get credit cards, phones, car loans etc. Get an AMEX and use it and then transfer your credit history over to the US. Or go with a bank that will recognise your Australian credit history in the US (like Citibank or HSBC).

Low 500s, I'd guess January or February 2016 for an interview.

Thanks for your quick response, Emily!

That all makes sense.

Say we did get interviewed January or February 2016. If everything goes well and we are approved, what's the earliest we can enter the US?

Thanks for your quick response, Emily!

That all makes sense.

Say we did get interviewed January or February 2016. If everything goes well and we are approved, what's the earliest we can enter the US?

Once you get your passports back with visas stamped inside you will be good to go! I think normally it takes up to 3 weeks (can be much quicker) to get them back after your interview, but at the moment it is taking longer due to some delays.

Sydney kids seem to gets theirs back the next day. We interviewed on Tuesday and had them back on Thursday (we are in Melbourne).

I have another question I was hoping you could help me with...

My wife changed her name after our wedding in 2013 and has all of the relevant documentation to prove it. She the also changed everything to reflect this name change (bank accounts, drivers licence etc). However, we just realised that she did not change the name in her passport. Her passport which is valid until 2018 has her old name in it; unfortunately, without realising, I used this passport in her DS260 form.

I am going to try and organise a replacement for her to be in her new name, however, the problem is that once this new passport is issued, it'll have a new number (which won't match the one in the DS260 form).

So my question is if we change her passport and the new passport number does not match her old one, will this cause problems at the visa interview?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have another question I was hoping you could help me with...

My wife changed her name after our wedding in 2013 and has all of the relevant documentation to prove it. She the also changed everything to reflect this name change (bank accounts, drivers licence etc). However, we just realised that she did not change the name in her passport. Her passport which is valid until 2018 has her old name in it; unfortunately, without realising, I used this passport in her DS260 form.

I am going to try and organise a replacement for her to be in her new name, however, the problem is that once this new passport is issued, it'll have a new number (which won't match the one in the DS260 form).

So my question is if we change her passport and the new passport number does not match her old one, will this cause problems at the visa interview?

Any help would be appreciated.

No issue, happens all the time - you can just take the old and new passports to the interview - although it is advisable to unlock the DS260 and update the passport number if there is time before the 2NL is sent (depends on your case number).

No issue, happens all the time - you can just take the old and new passports to the interview - although it is advisable to unlock the DS260 and update the passport number if there is time before the 2NL is sent (depends on your case number).

Thanks for replying so quickly!!

If you don't mind, I'll ask one more question...

When I completed my DS260 I correctly listed all of my previous addresses. However, for about 10 months I went back to England and joined the army. During my time in the army, I never had a fixed address and was moved from base to base whilst completing training. Should I have added those addresses? During the time I was in the UK in the army, I maintained my address in Australia, which I have reflected on my DS260.

Is it crucial that I have my DS260 unlocked and put in addresses for the army bases I stayed at? They were not permanent addresses, hence the reason I never listed them in the first place.

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for replying so quickly!!

If you don't mind, I'll ask one more question...

When I completed my DS260 I correctly listed all of my previous addresses. However, for about 10 months I went back to England and joined the army. During my time in the army, I never had a fixed address and was moved from base to base whilst completing training. Should I have added those addresses? During the time I was in the UK in the army, I maintained my address in Australia, which I have reflected on my DS260.

Is it crucial that I have my DS260 unlocked and put in addresses for the army bases I stayed at? They were not permanent addresses, hence the reason I never listed them in the first place.

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

My husband had his (previous, parents) home address listed for the 2 years he did military service, which I think is quite common as not many armed forces members seem to have any "permanent" address at which they are serving.