• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

On the part of the 'split' with the Mom to your daughter, were you initially married then divorced? If so did you enter your status as married or single? The entry instructions are clear that you have to state your spouse whether past or current. My advise is that you urgently and candidly seek assistance from people like @Britsimon, @Sm1smom etc before filling in DS260.
We were not married, just a child together, I put status as single.

The guys saying what mom was/is, the cat is staring out of the bag!!
I could bet my DV fee that I was being observed keenly as we awaited our interview. I noticed it when a person in one of the counters and I somehow found ourselves keeping looking at each other, I waiting for further directions and the Person trying to learn about us as a family.

How could mom know that-hmmm. Which embassies mom?

So mom should confirm hat has been guessed and lets know!

"The cat is staring out of the bag"? How could I know what? I should confirm what has been guessed??? I'm totally lost as to what you're saying here. Do you mind clarifying your posts? What I'm I supposed to confirm?

Now, I have a query myself. I included my daughter in my initial entry buy I don't have any proof of parentage. My baby moms and I split up and we ain't in talking terms. She is already in the US and refused to consent to change in particulars in the birth certificate. I don't know what to do. Is there a legal way of adding my name onto the birth certificate and including her into my passport?
Secondly my case no is 32xxx. When is my interview most likely to be?and should I have to have the interview at home.

Who has custody of your daughter? Have you played any role in her life since her birth? Where is the girl now? With the mom in the U.S.?

"The cat is staring out of the bag"? How could I know what? I should confirm what has been guessed??? I'm totally lost as to what you're saying here. Do you mind clarifying your posts? What I'm I supposed to confirm?

I get the impression that he thinks you know what is going on at the embassy he interviewed at and therefore "concluded" something ;) Of course, visa staff all are trained the same way so it is true of any embassy...

I get the impression that he thinks you know what is going on at the embassy he interviewed at and therefore "concluded" something ;) Of course, visa staff all are trained the same way so it is true of any embassy...
Actually yes. Mom forgot 'we used' to think that she is a former ambassador?
Now that she clarified what happens, the cat is out out the bag hahaha.
This and an additional feeling that our other very best mod could be working with the DOS might have taken the steam off at least one of the 2015 threads just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Actually yes. Mom forgot 'we used' to think that she is a former ambassador?
Now that she clarified what happens, the cat is out out the bag hahaha.

Oopsie ....... secret is out :eek::eek:

raven-symone-shocked-face.gif

Who has custody of your daughter? Have you played any role in her life since her birth? Where is the girl now? With the mom in the U.S.?
I have custody of the baby and been taking care of her since she was 5months thats when the mum left for the states. She came back and refused to give consent to my name being added onto birth cert. At the time it was for a different purpose and was prior to applying for DV-2016.

I have custody of the baby and been taking care of her since she was 5months thats when the mum left for the states. She came back and refused to give consent to my name being added onto birth cert. At the time it was for a different purpose and was prior to applying for DV-2016.

That indeed is a dilemma you have on your hands, and I find it ridiculous that the mom wouldn't have your name listed on the child's B/C considering your presence in the child's life. You might want to have another discussion with her, letting her know that the child is the one that will loose out eventually if you have no B/C listing you as the father to present to the embassy, you also need it to get the right passport for the child. Do whatever you can to have the conversation with her, that's my suggestion.

That indeed is a dilemma you have on your hands, and I find it ridiculous that the mom wouldn't have your name listed on the child's B/C considering your presence in the child's life. You might want to have another discussion with her, letting her know that the child is the one that will loose out eventually if you have no B/C listing you as the father to present to the embassy, you also need it to get the right passport for the child. Do whatever you can to have the conversation with her, that's my suggestion.
I hope she listens. I didn't want her to know that I had applied for DV and since she is already in the US I hope that will soften her heart and get her to somehow allow this to be done before my CN is reached.
I also have another question, after getting the letter from KCC that I have been selected. What is the next thing for me to do?

I hope she listens. I didn't want her to know that I had applied for DV and since she is already in the US I hope that will soften her heart and get her to somehow allow this to be done before my CN is reached.
I also have another question, after getting the letter from KCC that I have been selected. What is the next thing for me to do?

Unfortunately that's a conversation you'll need to have with her eventually, unless you're able to get a new B/C on your own listing you as the father, I don't know how your system works regarding that.

You need to closely read your selectee notification letter. I'm sure it clearly states what the next step should be. It should also have links that I would encourage you to click on and read carefully. I know most people think it's easier for someone else to tell them what the next step is, and that's how they end up making all sorts of mistake. My best advice is to carefully go over the letter again and follow the instructions there.

I was selected on my first try. I have never won any lottery even the Charity sweepstake ones so when my husband suggested we try last year (he has tried twice before without success) I didn't think much of it. We both applied I got, he didn't, same difference. Wish me luck because this process looks so difficult and tedious. Daima MKenya.

hi ever body am Jamie and I have been selected in the 2016 dv. so am having CN AF 5#### is it low starting with 5 or high

As far as I know the baby is living with you and you are the custodian and legal guardian. A simple paternity test and a letter from the local chief confirming you are looking after the child should be able to prove paternity. While I feel an amicable resolution will be more apt, if she denies you the right you can definitely use plan b.

Hi guys am dv 2013 now in the us.My bro got selected for 2016,I played the lottery for him.Iwould like to fill ds-260 for him if possible,I have seen the form asking about invoice id what is it and where
do we get it.My time we dint do online and dint see invoice id.Thanx and all the best to the winners.To all hopefuls I wish you the best the wait continues..Is it ok for me to fill ds -260 for him.