• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Dears,
I'm from Algeria I'm dv 2016 winner, and I passed my dv visa interview yesterday, knowing that I've offered bank account attestation, but they didn't accept it, and they asked me to find a sponsor in the USA, and I didn't find someone who could help me, please, is there any advice or help?
thanks!

Dears,
I'm from Algeria I'm dv 2016 winner, and I passed my dv visa interview yesterday, knowing that I've offered bank account attestation, but they didn't accept it, and they asked me to find a sponsor in the USA, and I didn't find someone who could help me, please, is there any advice or help?
thanks!
The reason they did not accept it - your bank account balance or for any other reason?

The reason they did not accept it - your bank account balance or for any other reason?
my bank account has a high amount, but because I was without job since 2 years, and only last month got a job, he said how could you get a job in USA while you couldn't get it in you country, last 2 years, and he didn't give me time to answer, only 5 min for the whole Interview.

my bank account has a high amount, but because I was without job since 2 years, and only last month got a job, he said how could you get a job in USA while you couldn't get it in you country, last 2 years, and he didn't give me time to answer, only 5 min for the whole Interview.

The bank account balance, did you suddenly dump a large sum of money in there considering the fact that you haven't worked in the past two years? Or has the large sum of money always been there from when you last worked two years ago?

I'm sorry to say - that is a good point the CO made. This is precisely why we always recommend an I-134 - even if an embassy typically doesn't ask for one. Based on the circumstances of the selectee, they may decide they need an I-134 where a selectee will need some extra support. It is not just about the amount of money....

So - what advice can we give now. The ONLY thing you can do is provide an I-134 and to avoid denial there should be some REAL connection between you and the sponsor (a relative ideally, a friend or at least a friend of a friend). There is no choice, you must do this to get the visa.

The bank account balance, did you suddenly dump a large sum of money in there considering the fact that you haven't worked in the past two years? Or has the large sum of money always been there from when you last worked two years ago?
the bank account was created only 2 weeks before the interview, and 6000 euro, is not that high sum that needs 2 years of work...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say - that is a good point the CO made. This is precisely why we always recommend an I-134 - even if an embassy typically doesn't ask for one. Based on the circumstances of the selectee, they may decide they need an I-134 where a selectee will need some extra support. It is not just about the amount of money....

So - what advice can we give now. The ONLY thing you can do is provide an I-134 and to avoid denial there should be some REAL connection between you and the sponsor (a relative ideally, a friend or at least a friend of a friend). There is no choice, you must do this to get the visa.
Thank you for the advice, but actually I don't know anybody lives in the USA that could help with I-134, so is there any other way to find a sponsor? like in forums

the bank account was created only 2 weeks before the interview, and 6000 euro, is not that high sum that needs 2 years of work...

It makes perfect sense for the CO to be concerned and insist on your presenting an affidavit of support. You've not worked in the past two years and you present a statement from an account opened two weeks before your interview - the CO is probably thinking you got a loan somewhere and dumped it into the account for the purpose of the interview. High possibility of becoming a public charge is what he's probably thinking.

And I wasn't suggesting you needed two years' of work in order to have a €6000 in your account. My line of questioning was to see if you've always had the large sum of money you claimed since you've not worked for two years or if you did a last minute dump. The history of the account one is presenting is always taken into consideration.

Anyway, you need to present an affidavit of support like they've requested.

Thank you for the advice, but actually I don't know anybody lives in the USA that could help with I-134, so is there any other way to find a sponsor? like in forums

You've got to be kidding in thinking anyone in a forum will be willing to present their personal information and asset details to a total stranger. And like Simon already stated, whoever is proving you with an affidavit must known to you. They tend to query the relationship between the sponsor and the person being sponsored, just so you know.

Yeah, that was the problem and the reason they did not assess your bank statement as being sufficient - EUR 6,000 is a low balance for this purpose and the money just 'appeared' two weeks before the interview and therefore possibly could vanish just as easily right thereafter, from the CO's pov. Please be aware that you will need a lot more than that amount to get successfully started in the US, with or without I-134. Otherwise you would need to find a relative or close family friend in the US who will finance you for the foreseeable future. You won't find this here or other Internet forums for this matter.

Hi , i have a question . What will happens to someone case if will not get a decision from the consul before 30 September ? I read that if is no decision before 30 sep the case is done :) how that can be ? Thank you .

Hi , i have a question . What will happens to someone case if will not get a decision from the consul before 30 September ? I read that if is no decision before 30 sep the case is done :) how that can be ? Thank you .

Any AP case not finalized by the end of Sept will remain as is. Such a case will not be issued with a visa after that date - that is the law. Sept 30th is the end of the fiscal year.

"done" in this case meaning a bad thing - won't get issued.

Any AP case not finalized by the end of Sept will remain as is. Such a case will not be issued with a visa after that date - that is the law. Sept 30th is the end of the fiscal year.
Thank you so much . But how that can be ? All the papers are good and done right ( more then 3 years to get everything right and a lot of money ) and if the consulate do not finish to check everything , you case is close :) your done ... wow that's the most crazy thing . You get denied not because is something wrong with your paper you get denied because someone in consulate is to busy and do not have time to look at your case :) that is crazy !

Thank you so much . But how that can be ? All the papers are good and done right ( more then 3 years to get everything right and a lot of money ) and if the consulate do not finish to check everything , you case is close :) your done ... wow that's the most crazy thing . You get denied not because is something wrong with your paper you get denied because someone in consulate is to busy and do not have time to look at your case :) that is crazy !

That is NOT what is going on. AP is typically required for additional checks. Those checks are sometimes background checks (which the embassy does NOT carry out themselves), or to check the validity of presented documents (for which the embassy have to check with other sources - such as other embassies). It is not a case of them being too busy. This is why you prepare as well as you can, but also why some cases are risky - and we always say to not take the visa for granted until it is in your hand.

A DV visa is not a right. You won a chance for further processing - not a guarantee of a visa to be issued regardless of due process or respect of the immigration laws. One of those laws is that the DV visas cannot be approved after September 30 of each Fiscal year. Those are the rules of the game - that you should know going in....

Arny am sure if those guys at the embassy really go for the reasons they indicate on the AP papers and if the papers submitted are genuine then people will certainly be given their visa inspite of the time. But if they dont have time to establish the AP reason then we are victims. cOz an Academic papers verification AP to take more than 36 weeks and other 100 and more days. :eek::eek::eek:

That is NOT what is going on. AP is typically required for additional checks. Those checks are sometimes background checks (which the embassy does NOT carry out themselves), or to check the validity of presented documents (for which the embassy have to check with other sources - such as other embassies). It is not a case of them being too busy. This is why you prepare as well as you can, but also why some cases are risky - and we always say to not take the visa for granted until it is in your hand.

A DV visa is not a right. You won a chance for further processing - not a guarantee of a visa to be issued regardless of due process or respect of the immigration laws. One of those laws is that the DV visas cannot be approved after September 30 of each Fiscal year. Those are the rules of the game - that you should know going in....
Now i know , thank you !