• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

How long ago did your online status change to 'refused'? If it is the outcome of your DV application, they will return your passport to you. Do you know the reason for visa refusal?

Its refused since 20 July, I don't know why they refused, under the status they told me to see the letter that I had receive in the interview, but I had send em all the paper that They ask me about...my status was updated 25 july always refused

Dear all,
Thanks for your advices and replies. I will contact the embassy to let them know about the new born baby .
Just curious: could you please explain what this may mean "...we changed our marriage certificate from polygamy to monogamy..."? You simply dropped one person? Thank you, much appreciated!
I am from a Muslim country where polygamy is allowed.
It's a choice and that's we signed as muslim .However you have the possibility to change it if you want to be monogram to respect US law as we want to immigrate. That's what the CO suggested to us if we want to get our visa. Please note that I am the DV Winner and we sorted out the issue and have changed the marriage certificate to monogamy. The document was given to CO on 26/01/2016 and she said our visa are approved. The rest of the story was explained above.
Thanks.
Thanks. Below some information on polygamy (specifically paragraph 'Special Concerns for Immigrants From Countries Where Polygamy Is Legal') specifically in respect to US citizenship, subsequent to successful DV IV program completion:
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...based-polygamy-bigamy-multiple-marriages.html

Its refused since 20 July, I don't know why they refused, under the status they told me to see the letter that I had receive in the interview, but I had send em all the paper that They ask me about...my status was updated 25 july always refused
It will not make a difference to the outcome, but what type of documentation did they request from you, i.e. education, marriage, financial etc.?

It will not make a change to the outcome, but what type of documentation did they request from you, i.e. education, marriage, financial etc.?
They ask me give em more prove a work experience like contract payment and project scopes and description, I'm a graphic designer in freelance, I send em 7 discharges, it written in this discharges all they ask me about

They ask me give em more prove a work experience like contract payment and project scopes and description, I'm a graphic designer in freelance, I send em 7 discharges, it written in this discharges all they ask me about
I understand. You tried to qualify through work experience ( as opposed through US equivalent High School diploma), they reviewed the documents you sent them and determined that defined requirements in this respect did not allow them to issue the DV based IV to you. Qualifying through work experience is complicated and sometimes difficult to achieve, as it is inter alia subject to some interpretation. The only thing left to do is to retrieve your passport and to move on with your life. Very sorry!

I understand. You tried to qualify through work experience ( as opposed through US equivalent High School diploma), they reviewed the documents you sent them and determined that defined requirements in this respect did not allow them to issue the DV based IV to you. Qualifying through work experience is complicated and sometimes difficult to achieve, as it is also subject to some interpretation. The only thing left to do is to retrieve your passport and to move on with your life. Very sorry!
So why they don't give me my passport??? It's still to em

And an injustice coz I answered to the laws, I have my two years of experience
They obviously determined that 2+ years as "graphic designer in freelance" did not put you in or above the required job class. This stuff is pretty well categorized and, ultimately, also subject to some interpretation by the CO. No way to fight this, accept it and move on...

They obviously determined that 2+ years as "graphic designer in freelance" did not put you in or above the required job class. This stuff is pretty well categorized and, ultimately, also subject to some interpretation by the CO. No way to fight this, accept it and move on...
But I have paper who prove that I have the right work experience

The process works such that you provide work experience documentation and, based on this, your CO at the Consulate then determines in which job class your work experience puts you and, whether or no, it fulfills DV work experience qualifications for those not qualifying through education (US equivalent high school diploma). For whatever reason, the documents you submitted led your CO to conclude that you did not qualify through work experience neither and hence he/she rejected your visa application. Sorry again.

The process works such that you provide work experience documentation and, based on this, your CO at the Consulate then determines in which job class your work experience puts you and, whether or no, it fulfills DV work experience qualifications, for those not qualifying through education (US equivalent high school diploma). For whatever reason, the documents you submitted led your CO to conclude that you did not qualify through work experience neither and hence he/she rejected your visa application. Sorry again.
Yes I had understand this, but it's an injustice coz I had give her all what she ask me about and I had been honest with her , I can give her a fake BaC but I didn't coz I'm honnest, and I had show here that I'm an artist and a boxer
she had fuck my life and my future I will never apologize this,

Not according to them. We discussed this in great detail before....they gave you a second chance to prove what you could not prove in the interview, and it still wasn't enough to convince them. No injustice, just lack of proving that you have the right level of experience (it is not just years' experience) to meet the requirement.

However you are perfectly justified in being upset that they have kept your passport, they should at least have let you know either to collect it or that they are sending it back to you. If you signed a courier slip when you left it, it will certainly be couriered back.

Yes I had understand this, but it's an injustice coz I had give her all what she ask me about and I had been honest with her , I can give her a fake BaC but I didn't coz I'm honnest, and I had show here that I'm an artist and a boxer
she had fuck my life and my future I will never apologize this,
Look at the limelight, It is very difficult to find a job in US with only high school diploma. Idea is with high school diploma a person can go to college to earn a degree. Now since you did not have that it would be difficult for you to go to college and get a decent job and earn a decent living. With your work experience alone it would be very hard to find a job (you will realize this if you come here). USA is not rose petals anymore. So in fact your IO did a favor to you by rejecting. Now move on with your life and earn a good living from wherever you live.

Thank You Euro.
I contacted the US embassy this morning by email to inform them about the birth as suggested by Britsimon. As always, I receive their automatic reply, and after no answer.
However, I notice that the date in CEAC has been updated(1st august) which usually is not the case when I write to them. Last update was 26 of April. . Can I assume that they have received the information and have put it on my file. The consular is not taking call so not sure if they have read my message or not.
Thanks

Thank You Euro.
I contacted the US embassy this morning by email to inform them about the birth as suggested by Britsimon. As always, I receive their automatic reply, and after no answer.
However, I notice that the date in CEAC has been updated(1st august) which usually is not the case when I write to them. Last update was 26 of April. . Can I assume that they have received the information and have put it on my file. The consular is not taking call so not sure if they have read my message or not.
Thanks
Yes, you should be just fine. Make sure to keep e-mail records of your update. Sm1smom and Britsimon will know if anything else, in respect to Ds-260 etc. will be required for the baby. He/she will need a passport of course. Good luck!

Yes, you should be just fine. Make sure to keep e-mail records of your update. Sm1smom and Britsimon will know if anything else, in respect to Ds-260 etc. will be required for the baby. He/she will need a passport of course. Good luck!
Thanks, I have already started paperwork to get the passport for the baby. The wait is so long, more than 6 months, but I keep calm and waiting to have good news.

thank LORD finally after 112 days my status is ISSUED, waiting to receive my passports and rest of papers.
many thanks for our champions Simon, mom, Susie for their time, effort and support and i hope all AP cases to be cleared soon
and i would be more than grateful if you give links or threads for whats are the needed steps and advise till i reach USA and receive my green cards.

thank LORD finally after 112 days my status is ISSUED, waiting to receive my passports and rest of papers.
many thanks for our champions Simon, mom, Susie for their time, effort and support and i hope all AP cases to be cleared soon
and i would be more than grateful if you give links or threads for whats are the needed steps and advise till i reach USA and receive my green cards.

Congratulations !! Remember to pay the green card fee (online, look up USCIS immigrant fee if the info is not given with your visas), preferably before you go. That's the only formal thing that you need to do.