• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your incredible efforts
We underwent the interview on 26th of July. They required the original i134 form from the sponsor to be sent by fedex. I live 900 km away from the embassy. I received it 4 days later and sent it to the embassy along with our passports. A reciept was signed by an embassy personel on 2nd of August. The status hasn’t changed yet, only the interview details.
I am not sure if it is ok to contact the embassy or wait and what do you think about my case? What is the best means of contact? phone or email?

I would have expected the embassy to instruction your husband on that, and perhaps provide the DS260 in a printed format. The DS-260 is supposed to be completed online - so I don't have an "offline" version. Contact the embassy to ask how to complete it.
Hi Britsimon,
I am happy to inform that today I receive a call from us embassy. They ask to redo medicals and submit our passport. The baby has to do medicals, we have also to submit her birth certificate with 2 pictures and prepare the visa fees for the baby that we have to pay at the day we are bringing the document. This should be done as quickly as possible
They insisted that we come with the baby so that they can activate DS-260 for her. After activation we can ourselves proceed to the completion online for the baby.
We (Husband , myself with the baby) we go to do medical but doctors are full and give us appointment in September; reason 2 doctors out of 3 are on holidays. We started to do medicals today but results will only be available around 6th September when the doctor is back from holidays.
Question.
As medicals are the only thing remaining can we submit next week our passport and baby birth certificate by next week and explain them the issue of doctors who are presently on holidays. Or shall we wait until we have medicals that is too far and risky from my view. By doing so , we will go through AP again and may face visa slot issue .
What is best way to handle this to maximize our chance?
Thank you so much for your advises.

Hi Britsimon,
I am happy to inform that today I receive a call from us embassy. They ask to redo medicals and submit our passport. The baby has to do medicals, we have also to submit her birth certificate with 2 pictures and prepare the visa fees for the baby that we have to pay at the day we are bringing the document. This should be done as quickly as possible
They insisted that we come with the baby so that they can activate DS-260 for her. After activation we can ourselves proceed to the completion online for the baby.
We (Husband , myself with the baby) we go to do medical but doctors are full and give us appointment in September; reason 2 doctors out of 3 are on holidays. We started to do medicals today but results will only be available around 6th September when the doctor is back from holidays.
Question.
As medicals are the only thing remaining can we submit next week our passport and baby birth certificate by next week and explain them the issue of doctors who are presently on holidays. Or shall we wait until we have medicals that is too far and risky from my view. By doing so , we will go through AP again and may face visa slot issue .
What is best way to handle this to maximize our chance?
Thank you so much for your advises.

Your case cannot be finalized until you provide the forms and the medicals. So - is there no other approved doctor???

unfortunately the other 2 approved doctors are full and fix us appointement late September. With this doctor we are sure to have medical September 6th.
We want to go to the embassy this Tuesday to explain them the situation and submit birth certificate and pictures of the baby so that they can activate the DS 260. Then we will complete with medicals when the doctor come back. This to avoid to be silent after yesterday call until September.
Thanks.

You know my thoughts on updates.... The one that says issued is the only one to get excited about...
HELLO Mr britsimon I did my interview on Monday 15th and I seemed to be well with everything concerning my marks and years I sat everything looked perfect but when she started asking of multiple papers I did in subjects I couldn't remember then she gave me a pink paper and told me that my education documents need to be verified. But my worry came in when I called them yesterday to ask whether I'm the one to go to the Uganda national examination board to send them the confidential results straight to their address but the lady told me that we are the ones to verify not you. so my worries now whether they have their own experts who do the job or they have to contact the national examination board. my certificates are genuine but the problem with the body is that the guys might not respond to the embassy's request and since time is running out

HELLO Mr britsimon I did my interview on Monday 15th and I seemed to be well with everything concerning my marks and years I sat everything looked perfect but when she started asking of multiple papers I did in subjects I couldn't remember then she gave me a pink paper and told me that my education documents need to be verified. But my worry came in when I called them yesterday to ask whether I'm the one to go to the Uganda national examination board to send them the confidential results straight to their address but the lady told me that we are the ones to verify not you. so my worries now whether they have their own experts who do the job or they have to contact the national examination board. my certificates are genuine but the problem with the body is that the guys might not respond to the embassy's request and since time is running out

The standard procedure is that the embassy in the country you interview, contacts the embassy in the country your education documents come from to verify them, as that embassy will know what is acceptable. For you, all you can do now is wait and hope it all gets done in time.

The standard procedure is that the embassy in the country you interview, contacts the embassy in the country your education documents come from to verify them, as that embassy will know what is acceptable. For you, all you can do now is wait and hope it all gets done in time.
alright meaning it's even possible to send them to the embassy I mean where I come from

it's back to our wait and see procedure. hohoho
Yep, unfortunately the possible sequence of events for your DV case might now be as follows: US Consulate you interviewed with --> US Consulate Uganda --> Uganda national examination board (depending on documents you submitted @ interview) --> US Consulate Uganda --> US Consulate you interviewed with --> YOU.

Yep, unfortunately the possible sequence of events for your DV case might now be as follows: US Consulate you interviewed with --> US Consulate Uganda --> Uganda national examination board (depending on documents you submitted @ interview) --> US Consulate Uganda --> US Consulate you interviewed with --> YOU.
but now time is all am worried with