• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello every one,

Today my interview in Abu Dhabi the CO after finshed questions look in her computer then asked my original education ceritificat she took them and went in side for 10 min when she came she told every thing well but I will return your passport because I need to check with Minstry of education then gave us plue paper section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationalty act, and she said your case will not be longer and once we finshed send your passport with any one to stamp the visa for you
What do you think?

Hello every one,

Today my interview in Abu Dhabi the CO after finshed questions look in her computer then asked my original education ceritificat she took them and went in side for 10 min when she came she told every thing well but I will return your passport because I need to check with Minstry of education then gave us plue paper section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationalty act, and she said your case will not be longer and once we finshed send your passport with any one to stamp the visa for you
What do you think?
I see positive,What is your nationality?

Hello every one,

What do you think?

What has happened, is that they do not know about Sudan high schools so they need to check with the US embassy in Cairo (I guess as they handle Sudan) whether the education you presented them is good for DV. If it is, then they will contact you to send the passport in for the visa.

What has happened, is that they do not know about Sudan high schools so they need to check with the US embassy in Cairo (I guess as they handle Sudan) whether the education you presented them is good for DV. If it is, then they will contact you to send the passport in for the visa.

Hi Susie,

Thanks for your reply.
I repeat a year in grad 3 my be because of that they want to chek.

Thanks agin

Hi Susie,

Thanks for your reply.
I repeat a year in grad 3 my be because of that they want to chek.

Thanks agin

No I don't think that is a cause - that is at too elementary a level of education to matter - it could simply be that they need to confirm what the equivalent to a US high school diploma is as they are probably unfamiliar with the Sudanese system.

Dear BritSimon,

I need your help for the following question: My case number is AS112xx , My passport expire date is 3/3/2016 , if the interview time at September 2015 ( i do not think before, right ? ), then i have to renew my passport before the interview as they need 6 months passport validity as a must, kindly advise me if i need to ask KCC to open my application to change the passport number, or it is enough to have the old and the new passport with me during the interview ?

Thanks for your great help, Your time and efforts really appreciated
Rashid

Dear BritSimon,

I need your help for the following question: My case number is AS112xx , My passport expire date is 3/3/2016 , if the interview time at September 2015 ( i do not think before, right ? ), then i have to renew my passport before the interview as they need 6 months passport validity as a must, kindly advise me if i need to ask KCC to open my application to change the passport number, or it is enough to have the old and the new passport with me during the interview ?

Rashid

Hi Rashid

You don't to open the form now. get the new passport / renew passport just before your interview and present both for interview. By the way which country are you from?

Dear BritSimon,

Rashid

I think you dont have to contact KCC, and why your passport number will be changed ???? if you renew you passport you will get one with same number.

I think you dont have to contact KCC, and why your passport number will be changed ???? if you renew you passport you will get one with same number.
In some countries - I think Syria included - you get assigned a new passport number once you change/renew your passport.

@manyash,

I deleted the IOM copy and paste response you posted to @stiffi's question as most of the information contained in it could be considered misleading for anyone not interviewing in Kenya who comes across it on this Thread. It would have helped if you took out the time to remove the Kenyan specific aspects of the instruction, posting it 'as is' could end up confusing a lot of people, a situation we world rather like to avoid.

@manyash,

I deleted the IOM copy and paste response you posted to @stiffi's question as most of the information contained in it could be considered misleading for anyone not interviewing in Kenya who comes across it on this Thread. It would have helped if you took out the time to remove the Kenyan specific aspects of the instruction, posting it 'as is' could end up confusing a lot of people, a situation we world rather like to avoid.
its okey,,,

Hello ,

The CO put us on AP and she said your case will not take longer what do you think she mean by that.

Thanks in advance

Hello ,

The CO put us on AP and she said your case will not take longer what do you think she mean by that.

Thanks in advance

Did she give you a reason for the AP?

Edit: - Never mind - this is about the education... I remember - and yes Susie and I have explained....

Hello Guys, did any off you manage to pay the immigrant fee?
i tried to do so but had lots of difficulties.
The A and Dos id numbers are confusing
i need some help
cheers

Hello Guys, did any off you manage to pay the immigrant fee?
i tried to do so but had lots of difficulties.
The A and Dos id numbers are confusing
i need some help
cheers

The alien number is on the paper tacked on your brown envelope. If there are not enough numbers put a 0 in front.
DoS ID is the Dv case number.
Both are also on your visa.

Last edited:
Did she give you a reason for the AP?

Edit: - Never mind - this is about the education... I remember - and yes Susie and I have explained....

Thanks Britsimon,

At the fisrt it seemed to me she is talking about my high school Certificat
but I repeat her conversation with us more and more I confused that my be I did 't get the word clearly because I saw the bule sheet in her hand and also she is little a bit far from her microphone.
Please explain to me the following:

1-The case will not take longer.
2-Took my education certificate and went inside for 7 min.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks Britsimon,

At the fisrt it seemed to me she is talking about my high school Certificat
but I repeat her conversation with us more and more I confused that my be I did 't get the word clearly because I saw the bule sheet in her hand and also she is little a bit far from her microphone.
Please explain to me the following:

1-The case will not take longer.
2-Took my education certificate and went inside for 7 min.

Thanks in advance

I'm guessing there was a language barrier going on.

So - when you say she said "The case will not take longer." I think she probably said something like "The case will not take long" - meaning they will get the AP done as soon as possible.

So they took it for 7 minutes - as we have said there are two aspects of your education that are an issue - the first is they would not be familiar with your qualifications and need to check it, the second if the retake of a year.

However, you are really overthinking this - you cannot do anything about it - just wait and relax.