• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Has been succesfully submitted 1 application (my husband's)..just now.. But still not done for other applications (mine & son). I think it's a matter of full internet connection problem.

Has been succesfully submitted 1 application (my husband's)..just now.. But still not done for other applications (mine & son). I think it's a matter of full internet connection problem.
See my previous post. Also, when I was filling in the form, the information in some sections kept disappearing when I would log in next time. So, make sure all the sections are showing as box checked on the left side of the screen.

hello forummate! I would like to have your help I just discover that the embassy in nairobi didn't include my A-number and the DOS in my envelop so that I can pay my Green card online with it will you be able to help me to find this number?

hello forummate! I would like to have your help I just discover that the embassy in nairobi didn't include my A-number and the DOS in my envelop so that I can pay my Green card online with it will you be able to help me to find this number?

See response below:

You can find both on your visa. The alien number is found on your visa as "Registration number". You just need to add A0 in the beginning. DoS ID is your case number. It's also found on your visa as IV Case Number.

I received an email in February 2015 from KCC saying there was an error in system, recheck your status. Scared of dealing with scammers, I used the confirmation number, etc to verify. Helas! it was real, I was selected. So I submitted the form DS-260 online, early Feb 2015. I have not heard from KCC since then. Case no. 2015 AF 00019*** From Africa. Present series at Visa bulletin is already at 32000. Getting discouraged please help!!!

Last edited:
I received an email in February 2015 from KCC saying there was an error in system, recheck your status. Scared of dealing with scammers, I used the confirmation number, etc to verify. Helas! it was real, I was selected. So I submitted the form DS-260 online, early Feb 2015. I have not heard from KCC since then. Case no. 2015 AF 00019*** From Africa. Present series at Visa bulletin is already at 32000. Getting discouraged please help!!!

It is normal that you haven't heard anything. It has been taking around 4 months to process DS260s - they run background checks etc. So - I'm hoping they will get faster with processing, but it would not be a surprise if you don't hear anything about an interview until May or June (which would be for JUly or August interviews). There is nothing you can do to speed that up, so just use the time to learn about the process and make sure your documents are in order.

It's interesting that they are chasing up on people when all other indications have been that they have more than enough people to fill the quota for the year though?

It's interesting that they are chasing up on people when all other indications have been that they have more than enough people to fill the quota for the year though?

Yeah I have seen a few of those that have been nudged to check. It's the only fair thing to do though - those people did not see they were winners because of the system glitch, so it is right that they be prodded. What we don't know is how many of those people there are - and as we saw in 2012, AF region is particularly affected by this sort of screwup - probably because of lack of good internet access.

They're basically trying to guard against potential lawsuits from selectees who may find out at the end of the FY that they were selected but were initially told they hadn't been selected when they first checked due to the system glitch. By following up and emailing them, they can say they tried to rectify the erroneous result initially displayed by emailing the selectees and prompting them to recheck.

They're basically trying to guard against potential lawsuits from selectees who may find out at the end of the FY that they were selected but were initially told they hadn't been selected when they first checked due to the system glitch. By following up and emailing them, they can say they tried to rectify the erroneous result initially displayed by emailing the selectees and prompting them to recheck.

Exactly. However, by leaving it until early Feb they effectively made sure all these people will only get processed late in the year....

There was a report from a SA in the DV2012 year where they got notified really late by KCC to check their entry - I think late July or even August - followed by a scramble to get DS forms couriered to KCC and an interview arranged in probably record time to get them processed, interviewed and visa'd up by mid-September! Obviously that was in response to the very low visa issuance rate that year.

Yep, same on the 2015 AOS thread. Stories of people who got notified quite late and scrambled to get interview in place. I believe there was a particular story of one person that actually got interviewed on Sept 30th just before the FO closed for the day.

This is the ultimate #### you in the face from kcc

First ds260 fiasco
Then selectees letter fiasco
Then iran ap
Then asian europe and African cn massive reduction compared to last year

I wonder what the final numbers will be like last year

AS8,000
EU 30,000
AF 50,000

Smh...

Last edited by a moderator: