• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Pls I am 2015 winner with case no xxxxxxx715 but due to passports delay I did not submitted my D's 260 as at now hoping to do so as soon as possible am I correct an how is my chance
I am a Ghanaian

You need to submit your DS260 as soon as possible. Right now we have not seen any evidence that processing timelines are speeding up - so the only prediction is is that submitting in the next couple of weeks will just about get a September interview - but later than that and you are taking a huge risk.

Dear all ,
What is the ARAMEX application that we should fill befor the interview? And how to prepare it? (Interview at cairo embassy)

Dear all ,
What is the ARAMEX application that we should fill befor the interview? And how to prepare it? (Interview at cairo embassy)
You need to register for Aramex document and passport delivery. Here's the link
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-iv-documentdelivery.asp
Go to
To register your document delivery return address online, click here.

It will then take you to a login page. Choose "New User" and create a new account. Once you're logged in, register for document delivery address, print the confirmation page and bring it with you to the interview.

Thanx alot dear
You need to register for Aramex document and passport delivery. Here's the link
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-iv-documentdelivery.asp
Go to
To register your document delivery return address online, click here.

It will then take you to a login page. Choose "New User" and create a new account. Once you're logged in, register for document delivery address, print the confirmation page and bring it with you to the interview.

I have to note that deciding where to go in the US is a rather stressful experience. Have no friends or family, have to start from the scratch. I am currently stuck between NYC, Chicago, Portland (OR) and Seattle. Any advice ? Hardly any immigration in this question but have to book tickets in advance and this question keeps following me around.

I have to note that deciding where to go in the US is a rather stressful experience. Have no friends or family, have to start from the scratch. I am currently stuck between NYC, Chicago, Portland (OR) and Seattle. Any advice ? Hardly any immigration in this question but have to book tickets in advance and this question keeps following me around.

NYC - very busy fun city lots of opportunity, expensive.
Chicago - great city spoiled by the weather
Portland, OR - great city, cool, laid back, lots to do. Like a British city but nicer weather.
Seattle - lovely if you are a duck.

Dear all It's - with many thanks to god - my pleasure to inform you that Me and my family received our passports with immigrant visas yesterday:)
Our Details as follows:
I am from Sudan Case Number (2015AF000089XX), Living currently in Qatar, i applied to DV lottery more than 3 times in the previous years however not selected:(, 2013 i decided to apply again on 26th October 2013 we applied. I came to know that we have been selected on 25th June 2014 by chance as a relative of mine was asking why we are not applying, so when i checked website i found that we won;).
We uploaded the DS260 form on 1st July however after i noted many different opinions here in this comprehensive forum, unlocked our forms and resubmitted them on 28th July. and since then we were waiting for 2NL, i must say i was very long waiting, we were current for November however due to late forms submission our interview letter (2NL) only sent on December 12th, we did our medicals and PCC on 2nd of January and received their results on 8th January.

Here i want to share some of the information i thought might be useful for selectees residing in Qatar that PCC (police clearance certificates) can be obtained easily from (CRIMINAL EVIDENCES AND INFORMATION DEPARTMENT-MINISTRY OF INTERIOR) located on Salwa Road all you need is to show your ID/ Passport with RP - no need to take your wife- fill the application form and tell them you need it for foreign country. it will be issued within few days headed to your country embassy in both Arabic and English all that for nominal fees (less than 10 USD), For Sudanese you can Get Sudan Police clearance certificate from Sudan Embassy they issue it immediately for around 45 USD only in Arabic. About the medicals you need to wait for the 2NL then US embassy in Qatar will contact you 1 -2 weeks after by phone and email sending you the letter to Panel Physician (Doha clinic Hospital) and inform you that which documents they need exactly, the following is the email sent to me by the US embassy in Qatar:
( Dear Sir/madam:
You have interview date scheduled for you February 5, 2015 at XX:XX am (time).
Please bring the following requirement by Wednesday January 07 or 14, 2015 between 7-10 am or 1-3 pm.

1- Medicals. (for all) please bring the small envelops, keep the X-ray at home.
2- Qatari police certificate/and home country for anyone over 16.
3- Copy and original of the birth certificates (for all).
4- Copy and original of the marriage certificates
5- Copy of your passports. (for all).
6- 2 photos 2x2 inches. (for all)
7- School certificates copies and originals. Only for XXXXXXX (Principle applicant).
Please go to Doha clinic Hospital as soon as possible.

We need the high school and any other school certificates for the principal applicant (XXXXXXX) only.
No need to attest any documents we accept the papers as they are signed by the issuing country.
Thank You.
* attached the letter to panel physician please print it and take it for medicals).
After that I went and translated the PCC and submitted the required documents on 14th January to the embassy along with my corporation letter of employment.
on 5th February we went to our interview at 10:00H sharp, no crowdedness only 3 families including us. security check done and the original documents returned back to me and we did fingerprints for me and my wife. we paid the fees (330 USD for each me, my wife and 2 small kids) note that they accept credit cards at the embassy and as well they have commercial bank ATM inside so no need to worry:cool: they accept both Qatari Riyals and USD equally with fixed rates for the last 40 years! anyway then we have been called by the consular and our interview lasted less than 7 mins, verified our identities and made us swear that all data in the forms are correct, then asked me where i finished medical school, then where we are intending to live in USA and Why?, no single question about financial proofs or Affidavit of support (although i prepared one). they took one more photo for each and told us that they will be contacting us. i asked him is everything is al right? as he was masked face all the time he replied seems so.:confused:
then i we left embassy all process took around 1 hour and 15 mins. i was contacted by US embassy team on Monday afternoon that to come and collect our passport as it's ready, i went and collected it and found that it's stamped with Immigrant visa for all of us.:)

* Here i want to send specials Thanks for the great moderators Britsimon, Susie and mom and all others who shared actively and enriched us with their experience and support. God bless you all and good luck to everyone.
* i would like to invite any questions re my limited experience, if i can be of help!

Dear all It's - with many thanks to god - my pleasure to inform you that Me and my family received our passports with immigrant visas yesterday:)
Our Details as follows:
I am from Sudan Case Number (2015AF000089XX), Living currently in Qatar, i applied to DV lottery more than 3 times in the previous years however not selected:(, 2013 i decided to apply again on 26th October 2013 we applied. I came to know that we have been selected on 25th June 2014 by chance as a relative of mine was asking why we are not applying, so when i checked website i found that we won;).
We uploaded the DS260 form on 1st July however after i noted many different opinions here in this comprehensive forum, unlocked our forms and resubmitted them on 28th July. and since then we were waiting for 2NL, i must say i was very long waiting, we were current for November however due to late forms submission our interview letter (2NL) only sent on December 12th, we did our medicals and PCC on 2nd of January and received their results on 8th January.

Here i want to share some of the information i thought might be useful for selectees residing in Qatar that PCC (police clearance certificates) can be obtained easily from (CRIMINAL EVIDENCES AND INFORMATION DEPARTMENT-MINISTRY OF INTERIOR) located on Salwa Road all you need is to show your ID/ Passport with RP - no need to take your wife- fill the application form and tell them you need it for foreign country. it will be issued within few days headed to your country embassy in both Arabic and English all that for nominal fees (less than 10 USD), For Sudanese you can Get Sudan Police clearance certificate from Sudan Embassy they issue it immediately for around 45 USD only in Arabic. About the medicals you need to wait for the 2NL then US embassy in Qatar will contact you 1 -2 weeks after by phone and email sending you the letter to Panel Physician (Doha clinic Hospital) and inform you that which documents they need exactly, the following is the email sent to me by the US embassy in Qatar:
( Dear Sir/madam:
Please bring the following requirement by Wednesday January 07 or 14, 2015 between 7-10 am or 1-3 pm.

7- School certificates copies and originals. Only for XXXXXXX (Principle applicant).

We need the high school and any other school certificates for the principal applicant (XXXXXXX) only.
No need to attest any documents we accept the papers as they are signed by the issuing country.
Thank You.
* attached the letter to panel physician please print it and take it for medicals).
After that I went and translated the PCC and submitted the required documents on 14th January to the embassy along with my corporation letter of employment.
on 5th February we went to our interview at 10:00H sharp, no crowdedness only 3 families including us. security check done and the original documents returned back to me and we did fingerprints for me and my wife. we paid the fees (330 USD for each me, my wife and 2 small kids) note that they accept credit cards at the embassy and as well they have commercial bank ATM inside so no need to worry:cool: they accept both Qatari Riyals and USD equally with fixed rates for the last 40 years! anyway then we have been called by the consular and our interview lasted less than 7 mins, verified our identities and made us swear that all data in the forms are correct, then asked me where i finished medical school, then where we are intending to live in USA and Why?, no single question about financial proofs or Affidavit of support (although i prepared one). they took one more photo for each and told us that they will be contacting us. i asked him is everything is al right? as he was masked face all the time he replied seems so.:confused:
then i we left embassy all process took around 1 hour and 15 mins. i was contacted by US embassy team on Monday afternoon that to come and collect our passport as it's ready, i went and collected it and found that it's stamped with Immigrant visa for all of us.:)

* Here i want to send specials Thanks for the great moderators Britsimon, Susie and mom and all others who shared actively and enriched us with their experience and support. God bless you all and good luck to everyone.
* i would like to invite any questions re my limited experience, if i can be of help!

Congratulations to you and your family.

Our Details as follows:

( Dear Sir/madam:

Thank You.

Congratulations indeed!

Congratulations indeed!
Hai i'm new member from indonesian. I winning dv 2015 and my case number 2015AS000003xx. I submit form DS 260 in september 04,2014 and I not yet get 2NL for sechedule interview. Just info I got overstay 2 year in 2001-2003. My question when I can get 2 NL and do you I can get determine my dv visa? Thanks

Hai i'm new member from indonesian. I winning dv 2015 and my case number 2015AS000003xx. I submit form DS 260 in september 04,2014 and I not yet get 2NL for sechedule interview. Just info I got overstay 2 year in 2001-2003. My question when I can get 2 NL and do you think I can get determine my dv visa? Thanks

Hai i'm new member from indonesian. I winning dv 2015 and my case number 2015AS000003xx. I submit form DS 260 in september 04,2014 and I not yet get 2NL for sechedule interview. Just info I got overstay 2 year in 2001-2003. My question when I can get 2 NL and do you think I can get determine my dv visa? Thanks

Expect your 2nl in about 1 to 2 weeks.

Hi guys, I would like to ask for an advice. I submitted my DS-260 form in October 15th and my CN is 2015EU202xx. Few days ago my boyfriend asked me to merry him. Is it going to be a problem if I unlock the form and add a spouse? Is my interview going to be postpone? Is it too late for doing such a thing? What are the consequences? Thank you

Hi guys, I would like to ask for an advice. I submitted my DS-260 form in October 15th and my CN is 2015EU202xx. Few days ago my boyfriend asked me to merry him. Is it going to be a problem if I unlock the form and add a spouse? Is my interview going to be postpone? Is it too late for doing such a thing? What are the consequences? Thank you

Your DS260 might have just scraped in to the batch that are about to be sent the 2NLs - but you might have just missed that bus (in which case you would get a May interview).

Adding a spouse should be done as soon as possible. It does cause some reprocessing of the form, so it would actually be better if you miss the April interviews. You should marry immediately and then unlock. That will delay your interview a bit - perhaps to June or even July. However, if you don't rush that through it becomes harder to get him a Green Card later.

The other option you have is letting the interview be scheduled and informing the embassy directly that you will be bringing a new spouse. That is still possible - easier at some embassies than others.

Any way you do it, you should hurry up and marry and then you will have to pay for medicals and application fees for him too. You will also need to prove that your relationship is genuine. Read the link below for more info.

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-and-the-dv-lottery/

So what are the possibilities of having not enough visas in that period of time?
Thank you.

Your DS260 might have just scraped in to the batch that are about to be sent the 2NLs - but you might have just missed that bus (in which case you would get a May interview).

Adding a spouse should be done as soon as possible. It does cause some reprocessing of the form, so it would actually be better if you miss the April interviews. You should marry immediately and then unlock. That will delay your interview a bit - perhaps to June or even July. However, if you don't rush that through it becomes harder to get him a Green Card later.

The other option you have is letting the interview be scheduled and informing the embassy directly that you will be bringing a new spouse. That is still possible - easi

The other option you have is letting the interview be scheduled and informing the embassy directly that you will be bringing a new spouse. That is still possible - easier at some embassies than others.

Any way you do it, you should hurry up and marry and then you will have to pay for medicals and application fees for him too. You will also need to prove that your relationship is genuine. Read the link below for more info.

The waiting game is really getting frustrating,especially with the last disappointing VB for Asia.
@Britsimon what do you think about CNs of around AS00008500,last year they had their interview in July,do u think they will be pushed to further months?!