• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

The website is:
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Nothing yet on my side... I'm tempted to call again, but only has been 3 days since my last call...

Good luck!
I know at least two guys from Ethiopia who received 2NL for December interview around 23rd of October. The same thing happened to other regions too.
I think it's not too late. It's good to wait patiently at least to 23rd of November.
Actually I'm one among who are waiting.

dear all thanks for everyone sharing his experience in this valuable thread
please i have an inquiry that is worrisome to me
during my initial dv entry application i missed one of my middle names by mistake but during ds260 filling i corrected this mistake and i mentioned my full name exactly as mentioned in my passport this means that my name in ds260 is different from that in my entry appliction
my interview will be held next month and iam worried that such mistake will affect me by anyway.

dear all thanks for everyone sharing his experience in this valuable thread
please i have an inquiry that is worrisome to me
during my initial dv entry application i missed one of my middle names by mistake but during ds260 filling i corrected this mistake and i mentioned my full name exactly as mentioned in my passport this means that my name in ds260 is different from that in my entry appliction
my interview will be held next month and iam worried that such mistake will affect me by anyway.

You previously mentioned a spelling mistake in the middle name and that is was in your initial eDV entry. Now you seem to be saying there is another name missed and that was not in the eDV entry.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-winners-meet-here.11/page-96#post-2373495

A small spelling mistake is a small mistake (especially on a middle name). A name missed is a bit bigger, but again, since we are talking about a middle name you may be ok - it is up to the CO during your interview. You have your interview soon, so it is too late to change anything - you just have to go with what you have....

You previously mentioned a spelling mistake in the middle name and that is was in your initial eDV entry. Now you seem to be saying there is another name missed and that was not in the eDV entry.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-winners-meet-here.11/page-96#post-2373495

A small spelling mistake is a small mistake (especially on a middle name). A name missed is a bit bigger, but again, since we are talking about a middle name you may be ok - it is up to the CO during your interview. You have your interview soon, so it is too late to change anything - you just have to go with what you have....
i thought in the begining that my dv entry was correct as my passport but i discoverded that i missed my middle name and i repeated the same mistake with my ds260 but when i managed to reopen my ds260 and i corrected it as my passport. but as i said there is an extra middle name in my ds 260 not found in the dv entry
realy it is very frustrating to discover such mistakes specilay in very critical times

The grass is always greener on the other side in the USA but what if you end up in a desert ? I bide my time and ready for anything. There are some advantages and disadvantages living in the USA. The downside is the expensive health care system, lack of employment rights and social security. Is it safe to download music illegally in the USA ? Let's drift away from the serious side and focus on some entertainment. Do the internet providers excessively watch what you download on the internet in the USA ? I have seen some examples of court cases online..
Wht's this about man? You do not mess with the law! its a waste of life

hi everyone... how many winners in here who have already received an e mail to attend their interview? i was tolled that mine will appear on February next year, i just wanna know the procedure and how to understand the visa bulletin , how can i be sure that ma case number will be available on February?

Hello, I am on the South America Region. I completed my DS260 in september, I rank in the 13 hundreds, I do not expect to get the interview notification until next year. Little is said about my region in the blogs.

I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to pay the visa fees before I get the interview appointment? Or is it ok to just wait until you get the interview notification? This may sound not too smart if the visa numbers may run out, I just do not want to risk my changes on getting the interview notice; and all the information I have read just infers this point but is not clear about it. What is your experience for those of you who have mastered the process?

2) If my consulate does not take payments, does KCC make it clear for the payment option online?

3) if i can pay until I get the interview notice, how much time is given between this time and the actual interview date?

Thanks for all the posts on this blog, it has already answered many of the other questions I had.

Hello, I am on the South America Region. I completed my DS260 in september, I rank in the 13 hundreds, I do not expect to get the interview notification until next year. Little is said about my region in the blogs.

I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to pay the visa fees before I get the interview appointment? Or is it ok to just wait until you get the interview notification? This may sound not too smart if the visa numbers may run out, I just do not want to risk my changes on getting the interview notice; and all the information I have read just infers this point but is not clear about it. What is your experience for those of you who have mastered the process?

2) If my consulate does not take payments, does KCC make it clear for the payment option online?

3) if i can pay until I get the interview notice, how much time is given between this time and the actual interview date?

Thanks for all the posts on this blog, it has already answered many of the other questions I had.

You can only pay the interview fee at the embassy on the day of the interview.

Can we request a medical examiner a copy of your documentation before they seal your medical packet to presented at the interview ? Are we entitled to a copy ?

hypo,

i am january too, could you please tell me how can I check 2nd line please, is it the same link as DV check webiste

thanks

The only way to check would be to keep an eye on your email and this thread. Once they start scheduling interviews, somebody will post a message on this forum. It may not happen at the same time as I believe it depends on the embassy but it looks like 2NL's are sent at the same time.

Normally medical exam results take about a week, would it be a good idea to book a medical exam about 3 weeks before the interview ? I would be very tempted to leave it 2 weeks before the interview as technically your visa is valid for 6 months from the day of your medical rather than the actual interview date but in case something is wrong with the medical. I have not seen a doctor for a long time as generally have no major health issues but I have had some swelling in my mouth and it may be something kicking in. I suppose I could get him to check that swelling also but I suppose that should not affect my interview in any way. Any advice ladies and gentlemen ?

Normally medical exam results take about a week, would it be a good idea to book a medical exam about 3 weeks before the interview ? I would be very tempted to leave it 2 weeks before the interview as technically your visa is valid for 6 months from the day of your medical rather than the actual interview date but in case something is wrong with the medical. I have not seen a doctor for a long time as generally have no major health issues but I have had some swelling in my mouth and it may be something kicking in. I suppose I could get him to check that swelling also but I suppose that should not affect my interview in any way. Any advice ladies and gentlemen ?

The time the doctor needs to prepare a medical report wioll vary by doctor. So - you can check with the panel doctor your embassy requires and see what they say in terms of time needed before the interview.

Regarding the swelling etc - the immigration medical exam isn't to see whether you have any current minor health issues, but rather whether you meet the requirements for immigration, which is primarily concerned with protecting US citizens from certain diseases that are a concern for the US government.

And also, about the swelling - I am sure you are just imagining it. :p

Hi, This info is useful. I am Irish, so how can I calculate approximately what month my case number will come up? The current number for December is 11,600, but I am case number 44,000. Is this unlikely for me?