• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi, This info is useful. I am Irish, so how can I calculate approximately what month my case number will come up? The current number for December is 11,600, but I am case number 44,000. Is this unlikely for me?

Well it is likely to be September (maybe August). Your case number is in a risky range - a bit higher than the cutoff last year. We do think the numbers for EU could go a little higher this year - but how much higher is hard to say....

I already passed education qualification for DV visa .My job is a Taxi Driver in my country.I will answer I am a Taxi Driver honestly if CO ask what your job is .Is my job good enough for CO to approve my visa? And alsoI intend to answer that I will do Taxi Driver in US if CO ask me "what will you do when you arrive in US" . My sponsor told me I might get Taxi Driver job in US .Please suggest me.

I already passed education qualification for DV visa .My job is a Taxi Driver in my country.I will answer I am a Taxi Driver honestly if CO ask what your job is .Is my job good enough for CO to approve my visa? And alsoI intend to answer that I will do Taxi Driver in US if CO ask me "what will you do when you arrive in US" . My sponsor told me I might get Taxi Driver job in US .Please suggest me.

If you have high school you are qualified ...your job doesn't need to be " good enough". And yes answer honestly!

Hey guys what is obamas act on immigration? I don’t clearly understand , what is republican interest on immigration ? will it have any connection in the future diversity immigrants fate ?
sorry If I went off topic

If you have high school you are qualified ...your job doesn't need to be " good enough". And yes answer honestly!
True.
Your job in your home country does not neccesarily be the one you will take up permanently. You are going to the land of dare to dream and become. You could go and probabaly easily get a cab driver job but hey, aim higher so that you make a 'better world for you and for me';)

Well it is likely to be September (maybe August). Your case number is in a risky range - a bit higher than the cutoff last year. We do think the numbers for EU could go a little higher this year - but how much higher is hard to say....
Is there any way to facilitate my application at this stage, or is it just a matter of waiting in line?

I don't know anything beyond the cut off. Britsimon's data may have the highest actual allocated EU case number.

Hi everybody, at first i would like to congratulate all the DV 2015 winners and say thanks to Gold iSak for creating this helpful forum..

I am a G.P working in Saudi Arabia in a good position and i did not take the US medical licensing yet, which is mandatory for every doctor seeking a job in America. I am planning to move to USA and stay there till i get my green card, then i go back to my work and study to take the licensing, afterwhich i can relocate. The licensing might take around 2 years. My question is ; what is the maximum period i can stay outside USA ? I heared from some friends that i can not stay more than six months ! Putting in mind that i will move together with my wife and 2 kids.

Hi everybody, at first i would like to congratulate all the DV 2015 winners and say thanks to Gold iSak for creating this helpful forum..

I am a G.P working in Saudi Arabia in a good position and i did not take the US medical licensing yet, which is mandatory for every doctor seeking a job in America. I am planning to move to USA and stay there till i get my green card, then i go back to my work and study to take the licensing, afterwhich i can relocate. The licensing might take around 2 years. My question is ; what is the maximum period i can stay outside USA ? I heared from some friends that i can not stay more than six months ! Putting in mind that i will move together with my wife and 2 kids.

Maximum is a year's absence, you can get a re entry permit for up to two years. But why don't you just do the licensing in the US? If you are specifically going back to KSA to work as well rather than just study they may not grant you a re-entry permit/may decide that is a sign you have abandoned residence. Also bear in mind you will be liable for taxes to the IRS after you get your green card even if you are working elsewhere.

Susie,

after I get Green Card and land in US, than I am planning to immigrate in Canada on Canadian PR, (just got PR visa),

and
I am planning to go in US, do landing procedure, stay there 4 weeks, get Gcard and go to Canada.

what should I show to the Police-Customs in US border or Airport before departure: US green Card, or Canadian PR visa.

if I show them Canadian Visa thats OK, they will take a look and I will leave, but my concern is that as a Green Card I will technicaly remain in US, show I tell them that I am US green card holder and also immigrating in Canada as a PR. Then in Canada I have to stay 60 days to receive canadian PR card, and I will have both.

now when I return in US, what show I show to Canadian authority, Canadian PR or US PR, then I arrive in US which Card should I enter....

any help please I would really appreciate

Susie,

after I get Green Card and land in US, than I am planning to immigrate in Canada on Canadian PR, (just got PR visa),

and
I am planning to go in US, do landing procedure, stay there 4 weeks, get Gcard and go to Canada.

what should I show to the Police-Customs in US border or Airport before departure: US green Card, or Canadian PR visa.

if I show them Canadian Visa thats OK, they will take a look and I will leave, but my concern is that as a Green Card I will technicaly remain in US, show I tell them that I am US green card holder and also immigrating in Canada as a PR. Then in Canada I have to stay 60 days to receive canadian PR card, and I will have both.

now when I return in US, what show I show to Canadian authority, Canadian PR or US PR, then I arrive in US which Card should I enter....

When leaving the U.S. for Canada, you will not deal with the U.S. immigration/customs officers at the border, you will be attended to by the Canadian authorities so all you have to present there will be your Canadian PR visa and passport. You do not tell them you're a U.S. LPR unless asked.

Same thing when returning back to the U.S., you will be attended to by the U.S. Immigration/customs officials at the border so this time around you present your US LPR status evidence. You don't not present anything regarding your Canadian status or tell them you went to activate it unless asked.

Bear in mind though that at the end of the day, you will most likey loose one of these status due to the fact that you will not be able to meet the requirements of maintaining residency in both countries.

Susie,

and

You're going to lose one of these. If you enter the U.S to get your green card, and then you specifically go to Canada after that to take up permanent residence, I am pretty much 100% sure USCIS will view that as you having abandoned residency in the US. You need to decide which one you want.

Presumably you have a Canadian immigrant visa in your passport. What will you tell the cbp officer when you enter the US the first time on your US immigrant visa and he looks through your passport and sees the Canadian one there too?

Thanks SusieQQQ. I can not stay there because i can not work as a doctor before i could get my license, that will force me to work in a low income job to support my self and my family snd if i did so, i will not have enough time to study as my friends told me. On the other hand, i have enough income and sufficient time to study while am working in KSA. What do you advise me to do?