• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2015 Winners from Albania

iliona

Hello everybody,I am a dv-2015 selectee with case number current in October but I didn't received any email yet for the 2NL.In the Ds-260 form I selected U.S Embassy of Athens for my interview as I live in Greece.Is here somebody with the same experience,what's the difference??

Hello everybody,I am a dv-2015 selectee with case number current in October but I didn't received any email yet for the 2NL.In the Ds-260 form I selected U.S Embassy of Athens for my interview as I live in Greece.Is here somebody with the same experience,what's the difference??

There has been a delay, reported by lots of people and discussed many times in the forum. Depending on when you submitted your DS260, you may get an email in the next few days for a November interview...

The weird thing was that in some page on facebook an Albanian with case number 7XXX said he got the email since August.Whatever...I just want some information for the process of the interview when you live in a foreign country not of your nationality.Thnx btw!

The weird thing was that in some page on facebook an Albanian with case number 7XXX said he got the email since August.Whatever...I just want some information for the process of the interview when you live in a foreign country not of your nationality.Thnx btw!

That isn't weird at all - it is what is expected based on when the DS260 was filed.

OK things about being interviewed out of yoor own country. All documents in a language other than English will need translations.
Make sure you have the appropriate police reports and so on.
Look for interview experiences i the forum.

I signed up the form quite early,on 28 of May, if next week I don't get the 2NL I can give a call to the KCC I guess.

Pershendetje iliona dhe urime per DV 2015 !

Note that you need to get many documents from Albania or have them legalized there. Most important you need to get the stamp of the Ministry of Education on your High School Diploma and then have it legalized from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Next you need the birth certificate (not to be confused with the personal certificate), marriage certificate (if applied), police records in every country where you have stayed for more than 1 year after the age of 18, vaccination records etc...

Regarding the 2NL I guess you will be scheduled an interview in November at the worst case. However if you don't get the e-mail for the ESC by next week, it's better to give KCC a call as they usually give a prompt reply.

Shume fat / Best of luck and share your experience here :)

Thank you yes maybe it was a mistake to schedule the interview here,more time and more money for the papers :/

Pershendetje iliona dhe urime per DV 2015 !

Note that you need to get many documents from Albania or have them legalized there. Most important you need to get the stamp of the Ministry of Education on your High School Diploma and then have it legalized from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Next you need the birth certificate (not to be confused with the personal certificate), marriage certificate (if applied), police records in every country where you have stayed for more than 1 year after the age of 18, vaccination records etc...

Regarding the 2NL I guess you will be scheduled an interview in November at the worst case. However if you don't get the e-mail for the ESC by next week, it's better to give KCC a call as they usually give a prompt reply.

Shume fat / Best of luck and share your experience here :)
Hmmm what about Albanians who finished their studies in Greece? I doubt you need to legalize it, if you chose your interview to be held in Athens. That would be silly

I haven't finished yet the university.I have just the thesis left,I think flori said about legalizing the high school diploma from the albanian institutes.I finished it there so it has to be done.Actually I heard that the police record is the cause of delaying many cases here,it takes 1 month to come here and sometimes more than that.

I haven't finished yet the university.I have just the thesis left,I think flori said about legalizing the high school diploma from the albanian institutes.I finished it there so it has to be done.Actually I heard that the police record is the cause of delaying many cases here,it takes 1 month to come here and sometimes more than that.
Ahh ok, Im asking for a cousin of mine who just graduated from high school in Greece and is waiting his 2NL to be interviewed in November. The U.S embassy in Greece Instructions for the DV Lottery are not clear at all, if you compare it with the US embassy in Tirana. Yet, we choose the interview to be held in Greece because he speaks Greek fluently and he cant speak English or Albanian Properly.
Anyways, thanks for the input and good luck with the DV lottery. (Edhe me thesis gjithashtu ;-) )

I asked and I think the procedure is the same I mean same papers but the difference is that for birth certificate for ex and other papers from albania you should first take them to the embassy of greece in tirana for the apostille that is 20 euro for each one and then take them here to Μεταφραστικη υπηρεσια υπουργειου εσωτερικων to transale in English 9-12 euro for each paper if else they are not recognized by the u.s embassy here while in Albania is not required such thing.Which case number has he ? I am 65xx.

Une di qe gjendja civile ne shqiperi jep certifikata lindje (personale), me 8 gjuhe zyrtare (nuk e di saktesisht numrin e gjuheve) por di qe greqishtja dhe anglishtja jane aty, keshtu qe nuk mendoj se duhet perkthimi. Ai ka 90**.

do interesohem më mirë kur të vijë momenti po më duket se ska lidhje me gjuhën por me faktin që duhen kaluar nga ambasada që të njihen këtej.kështu kemi bërë për çdo shkresë që na duhej në administratën greke.

Let's keep to English please so that all may benefit from the public discussion (although feel free to take the conversation to PM in any language you like).

Thanks!

On the interview, does the immigration officer asks how are we going to support ourselves in the States? What kind of document or proof do we need for that?
My CN is a bit high: EU201500040xxx. I dont' expect my number to be current before Aug/Sep, if it becomes current at all. But, just in case, I wanted to know more about that.

Iliona Hello!
And i am the winner of DV 2015 live in Albania, but I case number 45500 !!!!
I think it will not reach to set a date for the interview !!! :(
Iliona success!

Hi Luli ! Congrats for the dv15 man! You either have to ask a relative in the US to issue the Affidavit of Support (I-134 form) for you, stating that he will cover your life expenses or you have to show a statement from your bank account that you are able to support yourself/family if anyone else is coming with you.
With your high CN it's gioing to be a hard and long waiting game but be optimistic and read different threads in the forum which are highly helpful.