• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hi guys our interview is on the 10th of September but my husband's passport is still not ready so we have not done the medicals what do you suggest,and how long does it take to get the results of the medicals thanks

the discussion in this forum is 75 page in front as compared to ours(ethiopia's), i didnt forget to salute u all members, some of u are even part of our forum too. Yet the question comes, i am planning to leave homeland only 2wk before the expiry date of visa b/c of school. But by that time the medical paper will expire and I read on kenyan dv forum that one need to redo the medical in usa, if it expired at the time of arrival to us soil. please enlighten me on this issue

You can redo the medical in Ethiopia to avoid problems at the border...

Hi guys our interview is on the 10th of September but my husband's passport is still not ready so we have not done the medicals what do you suggest,and how long does it take to get the results of the medicals thanks

Go do medicals for the rest of the family. You should have gone earlier though.

i dont think that will be a solution because the first medical result is sealed in a post by the embassy and it cannot be opened by me rather by POE Officer to prevent fraud. So redoing medical in ethiopia and taking a medical paper not recognised by the embassy will be a solution

i dont think that will be a solution because the first medical result is sealed in a post by the embassy and it cannot be opened by me rather by POE Officer to prevent fraud. So redoing medical in ethiopia and taking a medical paper not recognised by the embassy will be a solution

You redo the medical at the same place you did the first medical. That is the procedure.

Folks, I hv been in the states exactly one month today, I got my social security number in just a week,.I however have had no wing on my green card.am I still within time? live in Virginia.
I started the processes from Ghana about 8 weeks before my departure

Regards

Folks, I hv been in the states exactly one month today, I got my social security number in just a week,.I however have had no wing on my green card.am I still within time? live in Virginia.
I started the processes from Ghana about 8 weeks before my departure

Regards

Do you mean you paid the green card fee 8 weeks before departure? That doesn't really make a difference as long as it's paid before entry - card production only gets triggered once you enter. 1-2 months is the normal time frame for a green card to arrive.
It also doesn't matter where you live - all green cards are produced by Texas Service Center.

Do you mean you paid the green card fee 8 weeks before departure? That doesn't really make a difference as long as it's paid before entry - card production only gets triggered once you enter. 1-2 months is the normal time frame for a green card to arrive.
It also doesn't matter where you live - all green cards are produced by Texas Service Center.
wonderful information, I appreciate your quick response susieQQQ

sussie, you read my problem with expiry of the medical exam at the time of arrival to usa. Do u have a different saying as oppposed to the above comment of redoing the medical again in my homeland. i am curious about this thing b/c medical cost will be high in usa if i am obliged to do it again in usa

sussie, you read my problem with expiry of the medical exam at the time of arrival to usa. Do u have a different saying as oppposed to the above comment of redoing the medical again in my homeland. i am curious about this thing b/c medical cost will be high in usa if i am obliged to do it again in usa

Your visa expiry should match the medical. If it doesn't - I don't think you can just do it again in your homeland because the medical results need to be included in the sealed visa packet to be acceptable.

that is my thought as well and as a last resort i will try to email the embassy whether the visa expiry date printed on the visa matches the medical