• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

FWIW, I am a derivative and my second middle name was missing from the original entry. I made sure this was corrected in the DS260 and let the KCC know of the error in advance. It wasn't a problem at interview.

But that was a missing second name. They may look differently on a missing first name but, as you said, life is a gamble. It will come down to that CO.
Yes, we faced a similar situation for our family - three First Names, one Family Name for everyone in the family. Included first and second First Names as first and middle name, respectively, and left third First Name of eDV and all subsequent DV documents - smooth as silk, right down to Green Cards, when our Middle Names turned into middle initials (which also means that we have now officially "lost" all our third First Names for official US purposes, yet so be it...) ;)

Last edited:
Susie qqq Enlighten me on this scenario.
Am from Kenya
The Edv form while applying has an option to fill in three names. ( first name, second name and last name)
I have four names Hezekiah ,James ,Chege, Muriu.
My initial application I filled James as my first name, Chege as my second name and Muriu as my last name. So on my one nl letter has names in this order James Chege Muriu.I have always used James as my first name.
On the ds260 I indicated all the names Four of them as they appear in my passport in this order Hezekiah, James ,Chege ,Muriu.
Now some of my documents like highschool certificate have three names where James is the first name.
Am worried , I don't know if my case is similar to K-Jay.. Can my names situation cause visa denial.
xtim from kenya interchange his surname and middle name during edv. He said it never came up during his interview. my observation is that all those who have been refused in Ghana based on names interchange had their first name interchanged?

xtim from kenya interchange his surname and middle name during edv. He said it never came up during his interview. my observation is that all those who have been refused in Ghana based on names interchange had their first name interchanged?
My wife today called Nairobi Embassy, she is the principal applicant regarding my names issue and this was their response " So long as all documents have all the four names it won't be an issue. We go with the names in the passport. If some documents missing one name then you will need to get an affidavit of name support "
SusieQQQ I stand to correct you I did not intentionally omit my first name. For example my highschool transcripts all have three names., but all in all depends with CO and I guess Nairobi embassy is not harsh like Ghana Embassy. Thanks for your response. Hopefully when am current next year will be glad to share my experience.

My wife today called Nairobi Embassy, she is the principal applicant regarding my names issue and this was their response " So long as all documents have all the four names it won't be an issue. We go with the names in the passport. If some documents missing one name then you will need to get an affidavit of name support "
SusieQQQ I stand to correct you I did not intentionally omit my first name. For example my highschool transcripts all have three names., but all in all depends with CO and I guess Nairobi embassy is not harsh like Ghana Embassy. Thanks for your response. Hopefully when am current next year will be glad to share my experience.

I'm not sure why you think you are "correcting" me. I simply noted that you did not fill in your first name as it appears on your birth certificate and passport.
I did misunderstand something though as I thought you were the principal applicant. In that case it would probably be more of a problem. In any case luckily for you it sounds like Nairobi is more lenient on this than Accra so hopefully it will be ok for you.

I'm not sure why you think you are "correcting" me. I simply noted that you did not fill in your first name as it appears on your birth certificate and passport.
I did misunderstand something though as I thought you were the principal applicant. In that case it would probably be more of a problem. In any case luckily for you it sounds like Nairobi is more lenient on this than Accra so hopefully it will be ok for you.
Thanks. We can only do what we can to the very best.

Can People Share Their Experience At The Point Of Entry And What One Is Suppose To Expect And How Long That Process Takes With The Group? Thank You