• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

No, the expiry date is exactly 6 month after the visa issuance and i did my medical 1 month before the visa issuance because as you know the 2NL (at which time one do the medical) comes 4-6 week earlier from the interview date

No, the expiry date is exactly 6 month after the visa issuance and i did my medical 1 month before the visa issuance because as you know the 2NL (at which time one do the medical) comes 4-6 week earlier from the interview date

Then check with the embassy but I think you'd be fine. I did my medicals 2 months before my interview, visa was issued about 3 weeks later (delay due to missing document) with a 6 month expiry, we entered 5 days before expiry and were fine. Maybe they became stricter on medicals since we went in 2013 so ask though.

Pls i would like you to help me in anyway to contact the consular . i was scheduled for an interview but couldnt show up due to a delay of my passport, is ready now and i went to the us embassy in Ghana to Tell them to reschedule my appointment but was told to send a mail, of which i have done it but no reply from them yet. the program ends in september 30,2015. any help or advice Please

Pls i would like you to help me in anyway to contact the consular . i was scheduled for an interview but couldnt show up due to a delay of my passport, is ready now and i went to the us embassy in Ghana to Tell them to reschedule my appointment but was told to send a mail, of which i have done it but no reply from them yet. the program ends in september 30,2015. any help or advice Please

I moved your post here. Perhaps someone from Ghana knows the number - but as you know you must complete your case by September 30.

Wow reschedule in Accra? Hhhmmm even if you call them they would ask you to send a mail. I think you should have contacted them earlier when you realized the passport will not be ready on the scheduled date. I missed my December interview I mailed them and was placed on waiting list on January 30th I still have not been rescheduled, as you know Monday and Thursday are holidays so the embassy won't open and they don't interview DV applicants on Fridays and next week Tuesday our application expires too. Wait for their mail response though.

Hello forum members, i have been in the states 5 weeks now.i checked the uscis status and realised my green card has been sent to my previous address and was labelled as 'no such address' and returned to the post office. I however, changed my address at the POE and was expecting to recieve the card through my new address.i called the uscis to notify them and they asked me to file an AR 11 form.i did that last Friday and posted it to them..How long does it take to resend undelivered green card to a new address.im scheduled to go back to Ghana on 28th.

Thanks

Wow reschedule in Accra? Hhhmmm even if you call them they would ask you to send a mail. I think you should have contacted them earlier when you realized the passport will not be ready on the scheduled date. I missed my December interview I mailed them and was placed on waiting list on January 30th I still have not been rescheduled, as you know Monday and Thursday are holidays so the embassy won't open and they don't interview DV applicants on Fridays and next week Tuesday our application expires too. Wait for their mail response though.

u shd have contacted the embassy for a re-scheduling earlier or this forum earlier...there are more selectees than available visas...better luck next time

Hello forum members, i have been in the states 5 weeks now.i checked the uscis status and realised my green card has been sent to my previous address and was labelled as 'no such address' and returned to the post office. I however, changed my address at the POE and was expecting to recieve the card through my new address.i called the uscis to notify them and they asked me to file an AR 11 form.i did that last Friday and posted it to them..How long does it take to resend undelivered green card to a new address.im scheduled to go back to Ghana on 28th.

Thanks
I have a similar experience with USCIS: they posted my green card to my previous address and was returned to them because the address was no longer in existence, although I updated my USCIS ELIS account with my new address, filled an online form AR-11 and updated my address with the U.S. post office. They said my card will be re-mailed to my new address but they couldn't tell how long that's gonna take. Aside that so far, so good. Living good, thanks to God and the moderators..

I wasn't reschedule but thanks to moderators and everyone on this forum. Wish I was here earlier. I have learnt a lot in the hard way. Wish success to all who made it to the states and better luck to us too.