• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

There are only four cases at Accra above AF16241 - so I think those four cases are not from Ghana, but rather are Africans from other countries, interviewing at Accra.

As for the numbers from Accra, they are pitifully low. I think it is likely that Accra are still not updating CEAC correctly. If we just read the last couple of months of the Accra thread there have been accounts of 6 or 7 families being interviewed in a day with at least half refused - and those cases must add up to more than 112 refused and 85 issued.
I agree with you that there might be some cases which might not have been updated although i think that can not be much. looking at Global-1-1-2015, the high CN for accra was 16111 compare to that of March 2 with CN 2015AF25689. A careful look shows that only 5 CN has been added in between and this have given room for more case which has been current in previous bulletin. The movement confirms what you been saying about late submission of forms and how KCC is handling the backlog of DS 260

Late submission of forms can really be a major contributor to this low numbers we are seeing. Its a fact that most people (in Ghana especially those who pass through agents) start doing a birth cert and passport after they have notified of been selected. getting a passport nowadays too is getting more difficult, compared to previous years where one could get passport in a month or two or even three. If the passports keep delaying and the KCC 5 months remain a standing order then I'm afraid some might not get their forms processed before september.

some agents were at my work place yesterday to get data of people for coming october dv registration.

some agents were at my work place yesterday to get data of people for coming october dv registration.

People signing up for that are fools. Here is why:-
  • That is for DV2017 which has not even been announced yet.
  • The photo is supposed to less than 6 months old.
  • If someone has a child or marries between now and the entry they are going to be disqualified - plenty can happen in 7 months.
  • The agent will probably re-apply next year regardless of whether the fool enters another way (disqualified).
  • The agents don't seem worried about accuracy of names, birthdates/places.
  • As we know there is a high chance the agents will blackmail the winners.
I'm sure I could come up with more bullet points.... but you get the idea.

People signing up for that are fools. Here is why:-
  • That is for DV2017 which has not even been announced yet.
  • The photo is supposed to less than 6 months old.
  • If someone has a child or marries between now and the entry they are going to be disqualified - plenty can happen in 7 months.
  • The agent will probably re-apply next year regardless of whether the fool enters another way (disqualified).
  • The agents don't seem worried about accuracy of names, birthdates/places.
  • As we know there is a high chance the agents will blackmail the winners.
I'm sure I could come up with more bullet points.... but you get the idea.
the issue is that those people signing up do not know what we here know about the dv lottery. Most people in Ghana do not know that the dv lottery is even free and easy to access via internet. Infact, many people gets to learn more about the dv lottery after they have been selected or refused by the embassy due to disqualification factor.

the issue is that those people signing up do not know what we here know about the dv lottery. Most people in Ghana do not know that the dv lottery is even free and easy to access via internet. Infact, many people gets to learn more about the dv lottery after they have been selected or refused by the embassy due to disqualification factor.

Of course I understand that, but if some guy tries to sell me something in the street and asks for all of my personal information for a program I have never heard of, I would not give him anything. If on the other hand I had heard of the program, I would want to find out a little more about it - again before handing some stranger all my details.

And let's face it - it isn't as if scams are unheard of in Ghana and that part of Africa! There is a saying - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

In the sptit of the forum, you guys could start something about awareness campaign.I am sure if you struck the first matchstick, many including the diaspora, non govt agencies and other partners will team up with you. Its worth a try.

Of course I understand that, but if some guy tries to sell me something in the street and asks for all of my personal information for a program I have never heard of, I would not give him anything. If on the other hand I had heard of the program, I would want to find out a little more about it - again before handing some stranger all my details.

And let's face it - it isn't as if scams are unheard of in Ghana and that part of Africa! There is a saying - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
you are 100% right. In a developing country like Ghana, even the educated citizens fall to give their informations freely.

I hope you informed the people at your work about the problems agents cause and that it is easy and free to enter yourself.

the agents made them believe they have made more people win hence they have a good track record and know what to do to get someone selected.
so no one believed me when i said it was random selection

the agents made them believe they have made more people win hence they have a good track record and know what to do to get someone selected.

Well, like simon said... More fool them for giving details without checking

I'm surprised no one has made this public there like going to the newspapers/TV but then like someone else said (can't remember who) people don't want to admit being scammed. If enough bothered to tell the embassy then the embassy might advertise against these people. Anyway at this rate it's going to reach a critical mass of people being scammed ....

hehehehehe.:D

A former worker who is in US now was a DV 2013 selectee, he had to pay gh¢12000 to the agents (they were 2) aside bearing the cost visa processing. i told them this but still no one was really ready to listen as long as the agents could do for them they were cool.
it was my friend's experience that gingered me to find out what DV lottery actually was.

I'm not sure why you find this funny? I found it rather outrageous to be honest.
of course it outrageous (surprising) which is why i laugh. When educated people(the agents made them believe they have made more people win) can just believe what someone they met for the first time says without subjecting the person to proof. Two times I refused to hand over my passport to national security operatives at the Kotoka (Ghana) airport mainly because they did not introduce themselves before asking for my passport. My point to them was that they needed to prove the authority (id card) they have to ask for my passport. In the same way i do not see how an educated person can just believe an agent without asking for hardcore proof. how can they trust something which is based on probabilities? is that not funny enough? even when i was a student of university of Cape Coast, i never answered the callings of the agents i spots around because i did not see what and how they can educate me on any event.

Did the subtotals not work for you? They worked for me - but there is an extra step now to select row 2 before you create the temporary filter view.

I get
623 107 119 60 337 0

I deleted the values of the cells containing the subtotals, i taught the values were placed there after your calculations. i didn't know they contained formulars but i made use of it when checking the Feb 25, 2015 data file (progress of Ghana). It worked perfectly.
25022015.JPG

Feb 18, 2015 data file (progress of Ghana)
18022015.JPG

Please why is it that almost a week after the 2NL were released, the family members total still stands at 623. Does that mean those who got the 2NL details have not been updated? If so, then whose duty is it to update it, KCC or the embassy?

What is written holds more power and truth than what is said. Refer your colleagues to the dv lottery website and let them read for themselves. It's sad how Ghanaians easily believe stuff without thinking twice, without conducting their own investigations. it's amazing!!

A former worker who is in US now was a DV 2013 selectee, he had to pay gh¢12000 to the agents (they were 2) aside bearing the cost visa processing. i told them this but still no one was really ready to listen as long as the agents could do for them they were cool.
it was my friend's experience that gingered me to find out what DV lottery actually was.

Hmm, indeed ignorance is the worst thing that could happen to a man