• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Sorry to say but people are reporting up to 4 months' delay on the DS260s. We had hoped much of the backlog would be clear by now but it's not at all obvious that it is

Where are people getting the information about this backlog from? Is there somewhere I can go to check the current status?

Where are people getting the information about this backlog from? Is there somewhere I can go to check the current status?

From this forum, when people report getting interviews and state when they submitted their DS forms. Many people are getting interviews later than the month they theoretically could have because KCC has not completed processing - this being the answer from KCC when queried why they have not received interview letters.

1) If I go the AOS route does that mean I can avoid these delays?

To add further complication, last month I lost my job because the tech startup I was working for ran into financial troubles so I'm no longer in H-1B status. I have accepted a new offer but the processing could take 6 weeks so I'm not looking to have my H-1B back until January probably. This was the reason I couldn't do AOS when I submitted my DS-260.

2) If I have already submitted my DS-260 can I still change to AOS?

OK so you have to be in status when you submit your AoS. If you had submitted early (as you could have done probably a month or two ago, the loss of the job would not have made any difference - once the case is accepted you're fine.

2. You can change to AoS yes, but given that you are current out of status you should not do that at this time. If the job offer comes through you can decide what to do at that time.

I edited your Case Number for your privacy.

Got an email from the Sydney Consulate yesterday with instructions of what to bring to the interview and the check list!
Also have our medicals booked in for 17 December. It's all happening :D
@Essey did your confirmation of medical at Medibank Melbourne say the following ? I remember you saying that you needed extra passport photos? Also did you take US size or AUS size? (silly question as I assume it has to be US?)
Please bring the following to your assessment:​
    • Current valid passport
    • Visa paper/correspondence
    • Three current passport size photos for each applicant(no more than 6 month old)
    • Glasses(do not wear contacts)
    • Current medical reports from your doctor/list of prescription medicines you are taking
    • You may bring an adult friend/chaperone with you to see the doctor
    • If your appoinment includes vaccination, bring any information you have about your vaccination history.

Got an email from the Sydney Consulate yesterday with instructions of what to bring to the interview and the check list!
@Essey did your confirmation of medical at Medibank Melbourne say the following ? I remember you saying that you needed extra passport photos? Also did you take US size or AUS size? (silly question as I assume it has to be US?)
    • Current valid passport
    • Three current passport size photos for each applicant(no more than 6 month old)
    • Current medical reports from your doctor/list of prescription medicines you are taking
    • If your appoinment includes vaccination, bring any information you have about your vaccination history.

I got an email from them, but it didn't have those instructions on it. Looks like they've updated their info and are getting used to this type of medical. It is strange they say bring 3 photos, because I definitely needed 4, so I suggest you bring 4 photos anyway, otherwise you risk the chance of having to come back with them later (which is what happened to me). I got the US sized ones, but I think it probably doesn't matter for the medical. I also brought that medical instruction page for Australia from the dvselectee website, which you have to fill out, and my interview letter, but they didn't need that.

It's weird you got an email from the Sydney consulate, no one else has that I have heard of. Guess there must be one case manager that's onto it.

• Current valid passport
Hi Suicide Blonde, thought I would chime in as well as I did my medical in Melbourne. I took 4 photos (Australian size) with me and they only asked for 1. I guess take 4 just in case but Australian size is fine (they're cheaper than the US ones and easier to get).

If you're looking to get US sized photos for hte interview, I'm pretty sure Australia Post charges the same price regardless. I also got a nice guy who gave me a set for free but I'm guessing that probably usually doesn't happen!

Howdy...for those who have had the medical, what tests do they carry out? Blood tests, chest X-ray, what else?

It must be nearly time for another VB right?

I swear, this was my face on the last one, after the brilliant start we had.

WYCuL8d.gif

Also, on a completely different topic...how many of us OCers are moving to the US then finding job once you get there? Is anyone attempting to find one first? I feel like I shouldn't spend too much time on it til I get there but would also like to hit the ground running. Would LOVE to just go there and be a lady of leisure, but alas, I have to work :p

It must be nearly time for another VB right?

I swear, this was my face on the last one, after the brilliant start we had.

WYCuL8d.gif
Yes, it is definitely nearly time and that was my exact face too! Not sure if it was because of the number or because I knew the next month of waiting started all over again!

Howdy...for those who have had the medical, what tests do they carry out? Blood tests, chest X-ray, what else?

Blood work, eye test, general physical (e.g. touch your toes, stretching etc), blood pressure, chest X-ray then they just ask about your vaccination history, check your height/weight and a few general heath questions. I think that was about it. It's pretty straightforward (especially if all your vaccinations are up to date).

Blood work, eye test, general physical (e.g. touch your toes, stretching etc), blood pressure, chest X-ray then they just ask about your vaccination history, check your height/weight and a few general heath questions. I think that was about it. It's pretty straightforward (especially if all your vaccinations are up to date).

Ok great, thank you. I better start stretching everyday so come Feb/Mar I can touch my toes :oops:

I'm planning on not working for about a year and then start looking for contract work. I'm old. I don't fancy getting back onto the corporate ladder and climbing again so I'm going to do work that interests me rather than work for the sake of paying bills.

I hear yah EmilyW. I'll be doing the same thing.
Just need to figure out how to make money from my hobbie ;-)

I hear yah EmilyW. I'll be doing the same thing.
Just need to figure out how to make money from my hobbie ;-)

Ah I wish I could do that. I'm nervous about finding work as I don't have a "profession" or career/degree/etc. ah well part of the adventure!

Ah I wish I could do that. I'm nervous about finding work as I don't have a "profession" or career/degree/etc. ah well part of the adventure!
You certainly will find something to do in America, a stepping stone from which you could, with hard work and focus, launch yourself beyond imagination. That is the miracle of the green card.